Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I read because everyone was talking about it. Turns out it wasnt very well written, and written gore doesnt disturb me at all. I dunno what's the fuzz about it, I mean, if it was atleast better written, but it isnt!

• Brohoof 1

It wasn't all that poorly written, but it wasn't terrific in that regard...Still, my main problem with it: references to the Hannibal movies....by which I mean some of the dialogue was actually in the Hannibal movies. Not a large portion, granted, but it was enough to mess it up for me.

That's good cause your actually supposed to giggle at the ghosties!

Yes. Yes you are. <3

When I first started watching ponies, I naturally had zero understanding of the more heinous and nefarious fanworks in the fandom. So, I popped around on Youtube and Newgrounds, saw this Cupcakes thing, and decided to watch it out of curiosity, having no clue what I was getting into.

It...was traumatizing. I couldn't look away. I couldn't understand why someone would take such a wonderfully happy setting and twist it into such a horrid mockery of common sense and decency. Luckily, there is an antidote: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/story-light-in-darkness.html

Cupcakes and grimdark-for-the-sake-of-grimdark fics like it are, I feel, a stain on the community. They spit in the face of what makes the show wonderful. I'm not against grimdark as a genre...hell, one of my all time favorite fanfics is Fallout Equestria, because as heartbreaking and awful as the setting may be, it is beautifully written and still carries the fundamental message of hope and friendship. By comparison, works like Cupcakes do nothing but drag the fandom down.

• Brohoof 1

Like most Gore-fics, I laugh through them, an hour later I'm traumatized the next day it's like nothing ever happened, although whenever I see a reference I can hope but to get a chill down my back, but that's only for a Cupcake reference i hardly even think of the other ones

LOL CUPCAKES

So I was curious one night. I read the fanfic. I was so disturbed, I couldn't go to sleep.

I couldn't even think straight. Before I even realized I was so disturbed, I listened to some

songs dedicated to Cupcakes (see below), and wow, it was one hell of a night. So scared.

I didn't know how I was going to make it through the next few days.

So then the next day after school, I came home and was like, "Lol cupcakes was funny",

and ever since then, it never really bothered me. I want to read something like this again

that will disturb me like that did, because at first it was hell, but then it was just pure fun.

LOL CUPCAKES

So I was curious one night. I read the fanfic. I was so disturbed, I couldn't go to sleep.

I couldn't even think straight. Before I even realized I was so disturbed, I listened to some

songs dedicated to Cupcakes (see below), and wow, it was one hell of a night. So scared.

I didn't know how I was going to make it through the next few days.

So then the next day after school, I came home and was like, "Lol cupcakes was funny",

and ever since then, it never really bothered me. I want to read something like this again

that will disturb me like that did, because at first it was hell, but then it was just pure fun.

I agree! First it's like pain to your head and then, it's not much of a big deal.

I don't mind the gore, cupcakes is just not a very good story. But it's still a better story than sweet apple massacre

Hmm, yeah. I never heard of Sweet Apple Massacre. It sounds really scary.

._.

• Brohoof 1

Sweet Apple Massacre I can ignore because it was written by someone who lost a Call of Duty game to a pony fan and decided to write it as revenge. Or, in other words, it wasn't written by a pony fan so it doesn't count in my eyes.

But when actual pony fans write things like Cupcakes? That's the aspect of the fandom that disturbs me.

• Brohoof 1

When I first started watching ponies, I naturally had zero understanding of the more heinous and nefarious fanworks in the fandom. So, I popped around on Youtube and Newgrounds, saw this Cupcakes thing, and decided to watch it out of curiosity, having no clue what I was getting into.

It...was traumatizing. I couldn't look away. I couldn't understand why someone would take such a wonderfully happy setting and twist it into such a horrid mockery of common sense and decency. Luckily, there is an antidote: http://www.equestria...n-darkness.html

Cupcakes and grimdark-for-the-sake-of-grimdark fics like it are, I feel, a stain on the community. They spit in the face of what makes the show wonderful. I'm not against grimdark as a genre...hell, one of my all time favorite fanfics is Fallout Equestria, because as heartbreaking and awful as the setting may be, it is beautifully written and still carries the fundamental message of hope and friendship. By comparison, works like Cupcakes do nothing but drag the fandom down.

Mmm hmm. That picture on Equestria Daily helped me alot. It helped me get over all those crooked thoughts scattering around my mind. :I

Sweet Apple Massacre I can ignore because it was written by someone who lost a Call of Duty game to a pony fan and decided to write it as revenge. Or, in other words, it wasn't written by a pony fan so it doesn't count in my eyes.

But when actual pony fans write things like Cupcakes? That's the aspect of the fandom that disturbs me.

My reaction to Cupcakes:

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/7ea7b1c4bef1d6e5a64f3873f3a5973c/http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/hoobity/1280614094878.png

I never go to sleep. Lol

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 3

Cupcakes was shit. The writing was terrible and the story was god awful. Believe it or not the writer probably intended it to be that way so most bronies would react to it in the way that we do now. In the end, the writer just wanted attention and he definitely got the job done.

Edited by Strafe

Cupcakes was shit. The writing was terrible and the story was god awful. Believe or not the writer probably intended it to be that way so most bronies would react to it in the way that we do now. In the end, the writer just wanted attention and he definitely got the job done.

*Nods*

Oh gosh... I read Cupcakes before I even watched one episode of MLP, and I still somehow felt pretty bad about it. What's worse is that I took a nap as soon as I finished reading it, which pretty much engraved it into my subconscious. So now, everytime Pinkie Pie invites someone over to do something, I think back to that goreypasta and begin to worry.

Besides that, it was just another, "Let's throw gallons of blood everywhere and hope someone gets scared," stories (which I assume has been mentioned on this thread already). Somewhat scary, but "Pokemon Dead Channel" still beats it.

I haven't read or watched cupcakes and I don't intend to ever do so. I've stumbled across a couple of grimdark fics before and its definitely not my thing. I hate seeing ponies in those situations :(

• Brohoof 1

I've read worse, but what makes it bad is the fact that it's based on an innocent colorful show with cute ponies. I only read it because of its popularity. Didn't find it as interesting as I thought, and forgot the whole thing over the night.

It could have been more memorable if the writer made it more

intriguing.

Edited by Nordica
  • Brohoof 1