Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What fanfics would you recommend for me?

drderpywhooves

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. But I’ve been wanting for some time to get into mlp fanfic reading though I’m not sure where to start. So I thought I’d ask the community on here for some recommendations. I’m looking for fics that feel like they could be part of the show itself. No nsfw elements or overly dark elements. Preferably with little to no ships/romance. Other than that I’m not too particular on what or who it’s about. Just something that really captures the vibes of the show and is fun to read. Thanks!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The only notable fanfic I've read is "Anthropology" and I liked it a lot, so if you haven't read it already, I can recommend it to you. It meets all your criteria except it couldn't be a part of the show because in large part it happens in our world. But it does capture the vibes of the show very well in my opinion. And it's certainly fun to read.

Edited by Silly Druid

4 hours ago, calliecocat said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. But I’ve been wanting for some time to get into mlp fanfic reading though I’m not sure where to start. So I thought I’d ask the community on here for some recommendations. I’m looking for fics that feel like they could be part of the show itself. No nsfw elements or overly dark elements. Preferably with little to no ships/romance. Other than that I’m not too particular on what or who it’s about. Just something that really captures the vibes of the show and is fun to read. Thanks!

Here's a short one. I haven't read them in a long time, but I have a bunch saved, so if this is to your taste, I can send you more.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/417752/a-horse-of-a-different-color

• Hugs 1

(edited)

I've always liked Gulheru's Interview With a Batpony. It was a big influence on my Bat Pony homebrews for River Horse's Tails of Equestria and Renegade's My Little Pony Roleplaying Game!

YouTube's Scribbler also made a great audio drama adaptation of the story: 

Edited by Otaku-sempai

• 1 month later...