Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

another grimdark fanfic made this look like childs play! :blush:

Called?

Well I liked Cupcakes but I had heard so much about it and since I am a HUGE horror fan it was less disturbing than I expected. Actually.. it wasn't disturbing at all.. Just my opinion.

I listened to Azekahh's reading to it. This was my reaction(I know somepony already posted this but meh) : http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/7ea7b1c4bef1d6e5a64f3873f3a5973c/http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/hoobity/1280614094878.png

I got over it.. Then I saw the animation a few minutes ago. I want to throw up.

Edited by BrandonTehDiggar

I saw a little animation of it before I saw my first episode of MLP. I guess it didn't effect me too much because

A ) I was just surprised at how well the animator got the MLP style down.

B ) I wasn't a brony yet

C ) No sound effects, just music playing.

Though I guess it did effect me somewhat. A little later I listened to some Modern Warfare 2 soundtracks and imagined leading a small army on an epic rescue mission to save Dashie. Quiet awesome! :-D Best part is, I didn't know anything about the MLP universe (I thought Pinkie was an OC in Cupcakes, like a self-insertion of the author), but I'd just seen a super villain's lair on Gary's mod, so I even had a setting to imagine an epic rescue mission, where Pinkie (which I thought was an OC) was a supervillain of an army of machines; and me and an army paradrop in and do an epic rescue.

(The music is really quiet amazing. This one in specific has an intense action, epic, heroic, desperate hope feel to it.

I may do a fic about this... I've got an entire story for it, for all the different soundtracks...)

Mmm hmm. That picture on Equestria Daily helped me alot. It helped me get over all those crooked thoughts scattering around my mind. :I

[...]

I read Cupcakes 3 weeks ago and I'm still having nightmares because of that and I can't eat cupcakes anymore :(

Oh gosh... I read Cupcakes before I even watched one episode of MLP, and I still somehow felt pretty bad about it. What's worse is that I took a nap as soon as I finished reading it, which pretty much engraved it into my subconscious. So now, everytime Pinkie Pie invites someone over to do something, I think back to that goreypasta and begin to worry.

Besides that, it was just another, "Let's throw gallons of blood everywhere and hope someone gets scared," stories (which I assume has been mentioned on this thread already). Somewhat scary, but "Pokemon Dead Channel" still beats it.

I haven't read or watched cupcakes and I don't intend to ever do so. I've stumbled across a couple of grimdark fics before and its definitely not my thing. I hate seeing ponies in those situations :(

To alla y'all:

Posted Image

Edited by EASA - Dr. Braun
  • Brohoof 3

Called?

Well I liked Cupcakes but I had heard so much about it and since I am a HUGE horror fan it was less disturbing than I expected. Actually.. it wasn't disturbing at all.. Just my opinion.

Cheerilee's Garden. It's like Saw, but with CHILDREN! D:

Cupcakes wasn't that bad, I was just a bit creeped out. I've read scarier fanfics/creepypastas.

Still, I did feel a little sick. Then again, I always feel a little sick when I read stuff like that.

I think many Bronies are overreacting. Many say things along the lines of "They destroyed my view of Pinkie.", but it's not canon.

I believe it's just something someone wrote when (s)he was bored. Nothing more than that.

And my opinion on the fic? Well... it was so-so.

Cupcakes was shit. The writing was terrible and the story was god awful. Believe it or not the writer probably intended it to be that way so most bronies would react to it in the way that we do now. In the end, the writer just wanted attention and he definitely got the job done.

I disagree to 100%.

Cupcakes was awesome and very well written.

But maybe it's just me since I'm probably the biggest horror fan on the forums..

Cheerilee's Garden. It's like Saw, but with CHILDREN! D:

Thank you :3

Gotta read it sometime.

Edited by Jokuc

I disagree to 100%.

Cupcakes was awesome and very well written.

But maybe it's just me since I'm probably the biggest horror fan on the forums..

To a horror/slasher junkie like yourself it would be awesome. But most people who read fan fics on a daily basis are expecting more along the lines of something like the show.

most people who read fan fics on a daily basis are expecting more along the lines of something like the show.

Well, I didn't :P

I read slendermane and enjoyed it, yet I didn't read cupcakes and barfed.

Posted Image

EDIT: and now I even read creepypastas on a daily basis.

Edited by Zalgo

The song from that video has been stuck in my head for days, as well as Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie dancing.

Anyone ever see Sweeney Todd? That's what came to mind when I read it, basically the same story...

Edited by Tupin86

Time for my reaction to the fanfic hm? Tis true, it was well written, but as the same with a lot of other bronies, I just don't like Pinkie being depicted like that.

For me, the MLP universe has 2 alternate worlds in my mind. The lovey dovey world we know in the show, and then the demented, out of whack world where scenarios like Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory, and Cheerilee's Garden happened. I'm a person that believes in "Alternate universes" to where everything is opposite and impossible.

Edited by Trixie The Trixie
Editted out reply to now deleted post.
  • Brohoof 1

Why.........could you POST THAT?! :(

Im so sorry

Time for my reaction to the fanfic hm? Tis true, it was well written, but as the same with a lot of other bronies, I just don't like Pinkie being depicted like that.

For me, the MLP universe has 2 alternate worlds in my mind. The lovey dovey world we know in the show, and then the demented, out of whack world where scenarios like Cupcakes, Rainbow Factory, and Cheerilee's Garden happened. I'm a person that believes in "Alternate universes" to where everything is opposite and impossible.

I just really like the song the guy uses.

LOL!

Whoa whoa hold the phone! They now made a gorefict with Cheerilee? Ugh that's so OOC..It's like this fict I read based on someone's humor comic where everyone killed themselves or died. I hate gorefests and Cupcakes took the cake. Then again..I've avoided trying to hunt it down after the animation. It's just..Disturbing and whilst I watched Higurashi and Umineko without being phased...It's the fact that the characters are normally so cheery and innocent appearing that really makes it disturbing.

It's like...Circle you Circle you from Vocaloid. Starts out all sweet: "We've been waiting! Come play with us!" Then boom! Evil things.

Well...I take that back about gorefests I like movies like that sometimes but only if it's something like Repo. A gorefest but a GOOD gorefest.

As far as I know; I shall quote TVtropes:

"[it's] premise is more horrifying than the execution, and the fic is better remembered for leaving an impact on the My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic fandom than for the actual quality of the writing."

Exactly! Which is MY biggest problem with it! I don't mind creative endeavors in fan material. I may not be a fan of all of them, but the ability to create them is one of the things that makes this fandom great. What I have a problem with is when fan material suddenly prevents people from enjoying the show. I was able to toss that garbage out of my head, but I've heard some say they can't look at Pinkie the same way ever since. That is just not cool, and there isn't a better way to put it other than that!

I haven't read or watched cupcakes and I don't intend to ever do so. I've stumbled across a couple of grimdark fics before and its definitely not my thing. I hate seeing ponies in those situations :(

Don't touch ANYTHING relating to it! I did read it and luckily somepony who I owe big time wrote this . . .

http://zaptiftun.deviantart.com/art/The-Light-in-the-Darkness-257019544?

It's sad at first but it is so heartwarming you'll feel all the filth left upon your soul evaporate and you'll just want to hug Pinkie to get her to stop crying. Oh God, I'm tearing up as I'm typing this! :(

In fact! That goes for everypony! This is practically a Cupcakes vaccine!

http://zaptiftun.deviantart.com/art/The-Light-in-the-Darkness-257019544?

You almost feel like Pinkie herself. It was one of the most soul staining experiences of your life, but it was just a nightmare. It's over, and you have friends. Dear God, I wish I was home so I could hug my family right now! :( :( :( :(

• 3 weeks later...

I hated the story but IMO it was creative. The Cupcakes HD is pretty horrifying to see but the song is actually catchy and also I think the most upbeat song about killing someone (the bridges are the reason). I knew the song before the video, but now that I saw it i sort of cringe everytime I hear the song.

I never read it, but I enjoy reading what people who have read it have to say about it. For me, it's kind of like what was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction, and I like it that way.

Curiosity may get the better of me, but if it does, I'd still probably wait for the sequel...

Cupcakes II: The Cakening