Older Rarity Experiment (Again)

Phaeston-e12

(edited)

This is one of the five experimental sketch I've done after doing some in-screen character study yesterday. I am fairly happy with the form and the under-sketch but my experiment really didn't pay off that well since Rarity's line-work turned out to be too bright for 'anything'.

Lesson learned, going to use much darker line on my four other sketches.

Edit: click the image to view it as it is I suppose.

Edit2: next time, going to omit line-work on anything that's small; pins and scissors for this case.

post-5710-0-74094100-1342313823_thumb.jpg

Edited by ein12

I like your line work, and you're right, the line's are a bit washed out. But that's easy to look past.

As for some pointers, you say you're trying to make an older version of Rarity. I would recommend adding some lines on her face, not too many, as she does go to the spa every week, but enough to show some age.

I Nitpick Because I Care

SylenthStrokeSignature-1.png

I like your line work, and you're right, the line's are a bit washed out. But that's easy to look past.

As for some pointers, you say you're trying to make an older version of Rarity. I would recommend adding some lines on her face, not too many, as she does go to the spa every week, but enough to show some age.

Thanks, she isn't supposed to be 'that' old however. :) I've decided to set the time around what would be considered a prime age in terms of body development; 26~29 for case of a human being.

• Brohoof 1

I was expecting Rarity with walker, saggy hip and an oxygen tank carted behind her.

I used to beautiful. You foals today and Nu Poni Metal.

I used to sing the cabaret. You would never appreciate it.

She looks so elegant! :D I love it! ;)

Signature-1.jpg

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. But always remember, you have within you

the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

There's not much else to say other than...

#Fabulous

Oop -- I SAID IT!