Zecora

Mango

Had some spare time and drew Zecora on paint paid :D Please tell me what you think and give me some critique if you have some time~

post-6243-0-66337400-1342397818_thumb.png

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

My critique:

• Really, really good for paint.
  • The mane is a little curvy.
  • The eye is very nice, especially the colors.
Can't say much more than this is a superb paint drawing.

4/5

Edited by Crona The Critic

if this was made in paint with a mouse, then it's awesome!! it's feels like zecora, I wish paint was a better drawing program, the outlines looks really rough but that's not your fault, it's the program so, good job, I loved it! ;)

(edited)

The main things that could be improved with are the line quality. Areas such as the top of Zecora's hair outline clearly looks like you cheesed through it with the line tool. There's also a jagged area on the outline above Zecora's nose. Her neck rings also do not seem as rounded as they should be.

Also...

if this was made in paint with a mouse, then it's awesome!! it's feels like zecora, I wish paint was a better drawing program, the outlines looks really rough but that's not your fault, it's the program so, good job, I loved it! ;)

Not even. MS paint provides all of the tools to create things such as the very avatar I am using. It is very possible to create smooth lines on MS paint. Give a pixel artist some time, they can create vector-smooth lines on MS paint if they wanted to (I'm serious).

Heck, here's something I made. It might not have been made in MS paint, but I use a program that basically MS paint that supports layers, frames, and can work with colors much more quickly. Anything beyond that, I can easily do the same thing with MS paint. I basically only used the pencil, color eraser, fill, bucket, and line tool, all stuff that MS paint easily provides.

Posted Image

Edited by PixMeister
  • Brohoof 2

The main things that could be improved with are the line quality. Areas such as the top of Zecora's hair outline clearly looks like you cheesed through it with the line tool. There's also a jagged area on the outline above Zecora's nose. Her neck rings also do not seem as rounded as they should be.

Also...

Not even. MS paint provides all of the tools to create things such as the very avatar I am using. It is very possible to create smooth lines on MS paint. Give a pixel artist some time, they can create vector-smooth lines on MS paint if they wanted to (I'm serious).

Heck, here's something I made. It might not have been made in MS paint, but I use a program that basically MS paint that supports layers, frames, and can work with colors much more quickly. Anything beyond that, I can easily do the same thing with MS paint. I basically only used the pencil, color eraser, fill, bucket, and line tool, all stuff that MS paint easily provides.

Posted Image

jaw drops!

can you do the same without layers? in MS paint perhaps?

jaw drops!

can you do the same without layers? in MS paint perhaps?

I generally do not use layers unless I need to draw something on top of something when I know I'm going to do a ton of erasing. I used only one layer to create the portrait.

I generally do not use layers unless I need to draw something on top of something when I know I'm going to do a ton of erasing. I used only one layer to create the portrait.

that's damn sweet, i applaud you for that.

But there are plenty of art programs out there that would make your life easier

(edited)

that's damn sweet, i applaud you for that.

But there are plenty of art programs out there that would make your life easier

I'm a pixel artist; I take advantage of the pixel, the smallest element of the computer screen. My form of digital art needs nothing more than basic tools. If there are fancy tools out there that my program doesn't provide that makes work faster enough to be worth adjusting to a different UI, I'm not convinced.

Edited by PixMeister

(edited)

I'm a pixel artist; I take advantage of the pixel, the smallest element of the computer screen. My form of digital art needs nothing more than basic tools. If there are fancy tools out there that my program doesn't provide that makes work faster enough to be worth adjusting to a different UI, I'm not convinced.

oh I didn't know you were a pixel artist, that makes sence Edited by Motion Spark