Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quick Rarity Sketch

Lunalicious

(edited)

post-4664-0-09192100-1342491507_thumb.jpgThis is just a quick Rarity sketch I did in 1 hour. I was bored and I needed to have a picture of Rarity in my collection anyways. :lol:

Any criticism/ thoughts on how to improve my drawing skills is appreciated.

:D

Edited by 'Fluttershy'
  • Brohoof 7

It's really good :)

The curls in her tail look a little jagged though, and her forehead is a bit bigger than it should be. Her back leg (the one in front) looks kinda short, and the hoof she's holding in the air looks a bit chubby.

I do like her eye, it's beautifully drawn and looks great.

Overall, it has it's flaws but in my opinion Rarity is a difficult pony to draw what with her intricate mane, this is very well done!

• Brohoof 1

post-4664-0-09192100-1342491507_thumb.jpgThis is just a quick Rarity sketch I did in 1 hour. I was bored and I needed to have a picture of Rarity in my collection anyways. :lol:

Any criticism/ thoughts on how to improve my drawing skills is appreciated.

:D

Ohh I like her. I love how you drew her tail, it's not quite as perfectly rounded as in the show, and I really like that about it. It makes it look cooler, I think. But I was an art major in school, so I tend to like the non-comforming type stuff. Only thing that really stands out to me as something that could be improved is her head. It's a little long. Like, from the back of her head to her nose, it seems longer than it should be. But otherwise, she looks lovely. Well done. :)

• Brohoof 1

Ohh I like her. I love how you drew her tail, it's not quite as perfectly rounded as in the show, and I really like that about it. It makes it look cooler, I think. But I was an art major in school, so I tend to like the non-comforming type stuff. Only thing that really stands out to me as something that could be improved is her head. It's a little long. Like, from the back of her head to her nose, it seems longer than it should be. But otherwise, she looks lovely. Well done. :)

Thank you! I'll have to make her head a little shorter, and her rear leg longer. Thanks everypony for the advice.

Wow! You did a great job on Rarity :D Other than the nose being a little narrow and the legs being too pointy , It`s a rather lovely drawing. I love they way you drew her mane and tail!

• Brohoof 1

I really have to give you credit for your patience on drawing this...it's.....so....BEAUTIFUL!! :D

I have tried to draw Rarity, but her hair is very complex, and drives me nuts! However, you obviously did a splendid job, and I love everything of the sketch. Also, the cutie mark is perfect in detail.

• Brohoof 1

Wow! You did a great job on Rarity :D Other than the nose being a little narrow and the legs being too pointy , It`s a rather lovely drawing. I love they way you drew her mane and tail!

Thank you! Her mane was definitely one of the hardest parts of Rarity to draw.

The sizes are all out of proportion. And it's too much of a copy.

Copying art is good for learning, but don't pass it off as an art work that should be praised.

Create something original.

~

The sizes are all out of proportion. And it's too much of a copy.

Copying art is good for learning, but don't pass it off as an art work that should be praised.

Create something original.

~

Like i said, its not a full blown artwork/masterpiece. It's just a simple sketch and I'm asking for advice to improve my skills. I'm still a novice and I can't call my work "art pieces'" yet.

Like i said, its not a full blown artwork/masterpiece. It's just a simple sketch and I'm asking for advice to improve my skills. I'm still a novice and I can't call my work "art pieces'" yet.

Then why post it? ~

Then why post it? ~

To ask people for advice on how to improve my drawings. I'd rather not get into a big argument why I posted it and if its art and whatnot.

To ask people for advice on how to improve my drawings. I'd rather not get into a big argument why I posted it and if its art and whatnot.

I'm not trying to attack you,

so don't take this personally. :P

I just see SO many art threads of the same 'google image' pencil sketch of one of the mane six.

And I needed to lash out eventually ;p ~

I'm not trying to attack you,

so don't take this personally. :P

I just see SO many art threads of the same 'google image' pencil sketch of one of the mane six.

And I needed to lash out eventually ;p ~

Oh. Sorry. ;(

Too many strokes, but that's fine. You can always use a marker to trace over them to create one smoother outline. It would have liked it better if you drew a full body drawing of Rarity... I don't like how she gets cut off. But I like how you took your time to draw this~!