open Life in Ponyville

TheBronyHeart

Starbolt walked towards the blue unicorn.

"You must be Clover, I'm Starbolt. I heard you need help with magic." She said introducing herself.

"You probably already met Fae." She added as Fae flew next to her.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Quoting a removed post. Also, please report things that are against the rules instead of backseat modding.
  • Brohoof 1

Snow Flake and Cherry Blossom walked into the center of Ponyville for some time to relax from work. Cherry Blossom saw a bench nearby, "Hey Snow Flake, let's sit over there for a bit and just chat." Cherry Blossom said. "Well alright then." Snow Flake replied as the two went to the bench.

(OOC: Sorry guys it's 12:00 here in MD so I gotta hit the bed.)

Clover saw the fairy, and she got a little excited, now that she knew what she was. "I did it Lapis!" She said happily, then her attention was moved towards starbolt, a pony she hadn't met before. "HI... Yeah... Fae helped me out of a ditch..." She said quietly as she had not met this pony before "So, you can help me with my magic?" She began, happy that somepony else wanted to help her. "Everypony in this town is so nice..." She thought to herself.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Reference to removed content.

"Okay, here's a book on basic magic." She said as she levitated the book next to her.

"Also here are several potions to restore your magical energy if you get exhausted from practicing." She added also levitating the potions next to her.

"Now is there a specific spell you wish to learn?" She asked her.

Fae had begun to combine the ingredients that Starbolt brought with her. Putting them in a glass vial and heating it.

Fae enjoyed making potions, it gives her a feeling of satisfaction.

Clover decided to start with her family's special ability "Well, I know how to do the spell but, I am very inefficient with it, I always end up getting really tired or it takes forever, you see... My family the Icicles, specialize in turning water into ice, for years the Icicle family have been going to cloudsdale once a year through magic, and the Pegasi do their usual routine and get a large amount of water, but the Pegasi can't make snowflakes with water, they need ice... So the Icicle's have been turning massive amount of water in to ice for the Pegasi for the whole winter... I am horrible though, and my brother is... Was a guard..." She paused for a moment and looked away, then looked back. "So, do you understand now? I need to be better, but I am horrible at this." She smiled and scratched the back of her head for a moment.

Sky wandered on in to Lapis's house. He wondered if he would let him stay here for the night since the hospital said he could go.

"Ello, is there anyone here?"

He said with his head poking around the corner.

"You aren't horrible." Starbolt said trying to encourage her.

"Let me see you turn this into ice." Starbolt said as she condensed water into puddle on the floor.

Fae continued with making her potion, she flew out to get some herbs outside.

Clover looked at the puddle, and heard Sky's voice, she wanted to go greet him but she was rather excited to continue learning about magic "We're in here." She said, then immediately brought her attention to the puddle "Okay i'll try..." She said timidly. She began visualization and then her horn started to glow again, she only cut off a few seconds from the last time she tried, it took her about a minute to turn the whole thing in to ice. "See..." She knew she improved but she thought of how easy it was for everypony else to do it. Her mother didn't even need to close her eyes or even look at the water, and it was about ten times more water than the amount of water clover had just turned in to ice. "I guess I cut off a few minutes from when I started working with Lapris, but I still need to get better." She stated to Starbolt

(OOC Hey, I'm back))

Lapis was outside, tending to his plant specimens. "Oh, hello again Sky. I see they took off the bandages. Why are you here?" he asked, getting up off the ground. He was having an awful lot of visitors these days, but he tried not to mind.

Sky walked over to Clover and noticed what she was doing.

"Wow that is pretty cool, you got a special talent there."

He gave her a cheery smile and laughed to himself to a little. For some reason right now, Sky was high in spirit. Sky noticed Lapis speak to him.

"I was wondering if I could crash here at your flat..."

Edited by Twilight Sky

"Well, I guess I have some space. I have a couch over there." Lapis pointed to the sofa in the den. "Although, Clover has made her temporary residence here. I only have room for one guest at a time. I guess I could lend you my own bed, and I could sleep in my hammock outside." He was going out of his way for a pony he barely knew, but he still felt indirectly responsible.

"At least you can perform the spell." She said encouragingly.

"Try to think about cold things when performing the spell. Try imagining a frozen tundra or the top of a high mountain." She suggested.

Fae started to add the finishing touches to the potion.

Clover prepared to do it again, she was ready to practice all night "Okay, so, a mountain..." After the ice had melted, she began the visualization, and the thought of a cold, wintry evening helped very much. It only took about thirty-five seconds this time. She was still getting slightly tired, but when she opened her eyes she realized how much faster that was.

"Uh, fine. I just don't want anypony to be homeless, but I'm not taking in anymore wayward souls after this point." Lapis replied. Sleeping outside could prove useful anyway. He could get a feel for the Everfree at night. And, sleeping outside is what he was use to, having traveled often. Asteria piped up at this point. "Yay, another visitor! You're gonna have fun here with us. The forest is so awesome!" Lapis soon returned to his book, hoping that Starbolt could do a better job than him. An actual unicorn was a more sufficient teacher of magic than an earth pony.

"Well I am gonna go use the couch. Night everyone."

He trotted on over to the couch stretched a little and then jumped on it. He then tried to doze off into sleep.

((This may or may not be my last post tonight. Lets see. :3))

"Well that's excellent progress Clover." Starbolt praised her.

"Here take this it will make you feel better." She said recognizing the slight exhaustion that came from casting magic.

She handed one of the potions to Clover.

Clover drank the potion down quickly "Do you know why I keep getting tired?.. I just don't get it, nopony else who is a unicorn get's tired like this, I just don't understand..." She said with confusion, instead of disappointment, she realized how easy it was to improve, so she was feeling much better now.

"It starts out like that. When I started with my magic levitating a simple feather had me almost passing out." She replied.

"Okay how about we move to something more difficult? You up to it?" She asked Clover.

Fae finished her potion and handed it to Starbolt.

"Thanks Fae." She told her companion.

Sky just enjoyed watching Clover have fun. She seemed to be doing great in her studies and she was quite eager to do so.

"Come on Clover, you can do it!"

Sky hoped his reassuring statement would help Clover. He did believe in her after all..

Edited by Twilight Sky

"Okay we better head outside for this." Starbolt told Clover.

Starbolt made a pit in the ground several meters deep and filled it with water.

"Let's see if you can freeze this. It's okay if you don't get it on your first try, but I'm confident you will be able to do it." She told Clover.

Clover was rather intimidated by the large pool of water "Oh... Kay..." She barely blurted out. She closed her eyes and began to concentrate on the water and started the vizuallization with the directions she was given, after about a minute she had just been able to freeze the very top and almost a few inches down and the fell over from exhaustion, but then got back up. "I tried..." She said quietly.

Starbolt helped her up and handed her the potion Fae just made.

"You did a good, it was a lot of water. Drink half of that, it's a special potion Fae made just now. It should boost your magical power for a long time." She told Clover.

"Not really. Once you cast the spell it becomes easier and easier. So even after the effects of the potion wear off you will still have an easy time casting it." She replied to her question.

"Just don't drink all of it at once and you should be fine." She said.