Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Life in Canterlot

Nothing&NoOne

"Oh, thank you. Thank you, sir." She said gratefully as he freed her luggage, her canterlot accent showing through in her tone as she talked hurriedly. " Well I am unfamiliar with this part of town, I suppose there must be a nearby cafe or resteraunt. Then when I get directions or get my bearings as to where we are then I could bring you to this market near the home where I grew up." She replied to the stallion "What is your name sir?" She asked as she checked her bag for damage, well, more damage.

Edited by Artemisia

Hmm... she certainly does sound as though she's from Canterlot... but she's nowhere near as snobbish... Lark was unused to the idea of such kindness towards others, especially towards himself. "Oh... well... I was about to go into this cafe before you asked for help..." Lark said, a little uneasy from the pony. "My name? It's... Lark..." His stomach growled, having not eaten all day Oh man... I really DO need food... He tried to not think about food, despite having just been heading into a cafe moments ago. "Anyways... After you?" Lark said as he opened the door to the cafe.

"Thank you Lark. Would you mind if we sat together?" She passed through the door to the cafe and moved over to a table with three chairs towards the center of the nearly empty cafe. She waited for him to pass through the doorway and she smiled "Let's get something to eat shall we? My name is Artemisia in case you were wondering."

"Hmm.. ok..." Lark said, passing through the doorway and following Artemisia, "So... Did you live in Canterlot before? You sound like a Canterlot pony.. Well..I mean... it seems like you grew up here or something... even though you... don't seem to know where your going..." Gaaah... Lark thought to himself When's the last time I even had a converasation with somepony else? I'm completely blundering. "Oh... just don't mind me... I'm just... blabbering on..." Lark's stomach growled again, "And I'm really hungry..." He muttered miserably.

Pale tilted her head slightly. She'd watched his actions as she let her mane fall around her shoulders, an she was intrigued. She half smiled when he said her name, and she looked at him, her purple eyes searching his. She tried steadying his eyes with her own. "Yes, Iron?" she said gently, keeping eye contact.

Pale smiled. "You may stay a long as you wish. It nice to have company. " she looked away from him, blushing slightly. "No one visits me. It's lonely. " she said quietly, standing up. "...Shall..shall I show you your room?" she asked, looking into his eyes again. 'you've know him about 12 hours, Pale..yet you don't want him to leave. ' she thought to herself. She gave him a small smile.

Pale smiled and motioned for him to follow. She went upstairs and stopped at the first door, opening it with her magic. There was a king sized bed, big enough for Iron, plus another. The room was decorated like the rest of her house. All in all, it was a cozy bedroom. She walked over to the window, leaving the door open for Iron, and opened it, her purple magic gleaming in the dying sunlight as it surrounded the window. A slight breeze came into the room, carrying the scents of her rose garden with it.

Pale inhaled and sighed contently. She looked at the subtle orange light of the sky, te sinking sum reflected in her sparkling eyes. She turned back to Iron and smiled softly. "Is this alright? I can go shopping tomorrow and buy everything you need, if you like. "

Pale smiled. "No problem. I'm going to make something to eat, are you hungry?" she started back to the door, but stopped beside him. "My mother taught me to cook, I can make many things. " she said, looking up at him. "Its no trouble. I love cooking. "

//when will the fire happen?//

//xD It could start burning in the morning while it's still dark. Nopony around so it'd burn longer ;) //

Pale nodded and went back downstairs, pulling out various recipie books with her levetation as she walked into the kitchen. "Now..what would you like? Soup, sandwich, salad..." She trailed off, looking at the different book titles.

Pale put all the books away except for one, flipping through the pages. "Mm..lemongrass soup sounds pretty good." She looked up at him. "Could you go into the garden and get lemongrass, mushrooms, and carrots for me? Just through the back door." She smiled at him.

Artemisia looked at Lark, "It doesn't seem like anyone is here..." She turned to face the front counter of the cafe and hit the gold bell on the counter with her hoof. She craned her neck and peered behind the counter to look for a sign of someone to take their order. "are they open? What time is it Lark?

Shooting Star soon found himself lost inside the kitchen. Where the hay are the water bottles?... Darn it! He thought nervously while desperately searching for Spring Breeze's order. He heard the bell ringing outside and became even more desperate than before. More costumers?? Oh, dear Celestia! He took a deep breath, assumed a straight position and went back to the counter to attend the other costumers before bringing Spring Breeze's drink. It seemed like he was the only unfortunate "worker" left in the place anyway, so something had to be done. "Um... Yes?" Star cleaned his throat nervously, staring at the two ponies behind the counter. "H-how can I help y-you?"

Artemisia was relieved to see a stallion appear to help them. " I would like some...hmm...whatever is the most delicious. And Lark here, well...what do you want to eat Lark?" She turned towards her hungry companion and asked him. She then popped in quite quickly "And some tea too please!"

Lark heard his name pop up and instantly came to attention to the current situation, "Huh? Oh, uhm... sorry, dazed out a little... I'll take, uh... Water... and... I'll just have what she's having, I guess..." Lark said nervously. Ugh, I really do need to get out more... can't even talk well. Lark thought to himself. His gaze drooped back down, allowing himself to think more on his current situation.

"Two whatever-is-the-most-delicious, a tea and a bottle of water, yeah?" Star laughed joyfully, still a tad nervous due to his unknowledge about the cafe. He decided to go back to the kitchen as soon as possible and study the establishment better. "I'll be back with your orders soon." He smiled, glancing at the two new costumers and at Spring Breeze once more and trotting back into the kitchen afterwards.

Pale watched him from the doorway for a few seconds, then giggled. "It's over by where the carrots were. It smells delightful, you should find it." She half smiled and went back into the kitchen, checking on the pot she had on the small stove. She started humming, pulling other ingredients out of the cupboards.

//She's humming "Heavenly". ;) //

Pale looked over when he came back in and grinned. "Perfect. Smells nice, eh?" She mused, putting some things in the pot of water. She took about half of the lemongrass he brought in, letting it sit in the water to get the flavour out. "I'll put the rest in a bit later, I still want flavour in the actual pieces as well."

Pale giggled. "All it takes is practice, and experimentation. Anyone can cook, really." She started chopping up carrots and throwing them in the pot. "Given the right ingredients, you can make almost anything. Or create something, either way." She winked at him and started chopping some of the remaining lemongrass.

Pale continued cooking, still humming as she went. She picked up the spoon with her magic and stirred it, then put the lid over the pot. "Let's let it simmer now." She pulled bowls out of the cupboards and placed them on the table in the dinning room. The dining room looked like the rest of the house, obviously. She had a certain style, and she loved it.

Pale blushed a the compliment and smile up at him. "I only wear it up while I'm working at the library. It gets in my eyes a lot, but it only bothers me while I'm a th library. Same with my glasses, I only wear them at the library. " she giggled and finished setting the table. "Thank you. Ponies barely see me with my mane down, either that or they don't notice. "

Pale gazed along the table. "That should do it.." She murmured, looking back up at him. She blinked slowly when she found him looking at her, and raised her eyebrow, smiling slightly. "You alright? You look..lost." She mused, peering at him. She laughed quietly and bumped his leg with her hoof lightly. "Do lighten up. You don't have to feel nervous here." She trotted past him back into the kitchen and started server the soup into bowls, the lemongrass smell wafting around the house, mixing with the slight aroma of the roses outside.

Pale started humming quietly again as she put garnish is the soup. She stopped for a second, staring out the window. She'd met Iron only hours ago, and had no background knowledge on him. Yet she trusted him and didn't want him to leave. There was something about him that made her feel calm. She sighed and shook her head, a few strands of her mane fallIng In a dIsotganized fashion. She let her magic settle around the strands and she fixed them precisely, then picked up the bowls and went into the dining room.

Pale dipped her head to him. "Thank you, sir." She smiled at him and inhaled the scent of the soup. "It should be alright, lemongrass makes everything taste good." She giggled and flicked her mane away from her face. Such a gentleman..She thought to herself.

Lark was sitting down, waiting for his food to arrive, thinking This pony... Maybe she isn't all that bad... Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh towards Canterlot... when all of a sudden he heard somepony running through the streets yelling. He wondered what was going on, so he paid a little closer attention and heard the stressed pony saying, "Fire! Fire! Help! The library's on fire!!" He quickly got up as soon as he processed this information and ran outside, looking for the fire. He looked up and saw a large cloud of black smoke and ran as fast as he could. Hmmm... we need a way to put this fire out... Lark ran around, looking for a house with SOMEpony inside. He finally found one that looked occupied and knocked on the door, hoping for a fast response.