Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MMORPGs

My Little Mandy

WoW hasn't innovated at all. The content is stale and boring for most people. In the MMO industry, you can't just sit on your title. You have to work and innovate and they just haven't. It's a basic mmo. It's bad because the combat is boring because everything auto hits. There is no aiming. The bosses aren't very unique in their gameplay since the combat itself isn't very unique. It takes thousands of hours to grind and get the best stuff for really no use other than to look more shiny and fight the next boss clone with less people.

In the light of modern MMO's WoW is a P.O.S. xD

*hugs Bohtty*

Thank god someone see's WoW like I do. I tried to get into it, because I am a big MMO player, and it bored the living shit out of me.

*waits for someone to say why Maple is bad*

Thank god someone see's WoW like I do. I tried to get into it, because I am a big MMO player, and it bored the living shit out of me.

I got to level 33 then I was like "fuck this" and quit.

*waits for someone to say why Maple is bad*

*deep breath*

MapleStory is bad because it's very core, it is like WoW if not worse. They are very behind in inovation. Their combat is only slightly better than WoW's, maybe. The boss contant is very broken. The dungeons are very few and the ones that exist are broken or not used. They have made it so that it is more efficient to grind monsters than to do "party quests" Quests in that game are a supreme joke. They just not FIANLY added pvp and better crafting and their crafting is still shit. MapleStory is a HUGE cash cow for Nexon and is VERY pay to win.

The in game market is atrocious because Nexon has NO control over their game. Gold selling and buying is incredibly rampent and as such, if you want to buy anything good from the market, you have to buy gold. In addition hacks are everywhere. EVERYWHERE. People crash channels all the time just to duplicate items.

Their one good move was the Big Bang, but only because of the exp increase.

I got a Bishop to level 144 legitly and then hacked an Aran to level 123. My Aran's gear was worth a few hundred dollars because my guild was able to duplicate one persons stuff.

It's a nostalgic game, but thats it. It's not very good. Which is why it's painful to see Nexon kill it. I quit that game for MapleStory's own good.

Nexon is an awful publisher and their terrible customer support is legendary.

Nexon has ruined EVERY single game they have published that I have played, but I can assume they ruined the other games well.

LOL are you kidding me? It's telling me I only have 40 characters, but the counter says I have 1214 characters. T_T

Edited by Bohtty

I can actually agree with this, holy shit.

They did break the game, pretty bad actually.

It used to be where you had to party quest with people just to level up, and grinding was a death wish.

Now all the pq's are dead and lonely.

It's why I play private servers sometimes. The really old private servers, like v.62 and such. They have people pq'ing all the time.

Even though I still love the game ;-;

I usually just hangout with people though.

I got to level 33 then I was like "fuck this" and quit.

thats pretty much how I felt about the game as well..

My friend loves to tell me how that game is awesome and everything else is a WoW clone.

Sadly he never played any of the first MMOs on the market.

Actually, if it wasn't for WoW having a free 80 for returning players I wouldn't have gotten a lvl 85 :P

I only played Final Fantasy XI (Square-Enix), and Maple Story (Nexon) for now. I still play Final Fantasy XI though, but I'm just popping in through time also the reason why I got into the game is my brother made me play the game so when I 1st tried the game, it wasn't that bad. by the time I experience the game further, my brother taught me how to set and use the macros, but without his help, I learned a lot from other players and friends. My Main Job is Summoner (Full-Time Job), but as for Other Jobs, I play as White, Black, and Red Mages (if needed), Samurai, Dragoon, Scholar, Beastmaster, Dancer, and Paladin. I also do endgame events which is Dynamis only for now with my Japanese Linkshell. I may understand Japanese, but i have like about 3 People who can understand Japanese, one of them is my family member and 2 of them are my friends who speak both English and Japanese.

As for Maple Story, I know that some of you guys don't like the game for severe reasons, but I've played this Game for like about 6 years or more and I'm one of the Beta Players. I made a Comeback at Feburary 2011, but after my friends in scania quit playing the game, I moved to Broa from Fresh Start as a Evan when I made enough NX through MTS for a Magic Guard Package before MTS got closed down and the Reason why I moved to Broa was to be with my Friend who I happen to be her Mentor for the longest time and she taught me to be an Evan so our roles of being a Mentor have been reversed. Apparently After all these updates came in, It's easy to reach Level 120 right now if you know the places to train at. What you guys said about Nexon and This game was 100% true and My Take or Opinion was that my Friend agreed that Nexon Lost the Customer's and Player's Loyalty to the game and the company cuz of the issues, how unstable the game was, economy being ruined for some worlds, how populated the worlds are, and False Bans to Legit Players by GMs.

Another MMORPG I played before was Trickster Online, but I didn't get that far. If you guys asked me about the characters and classes are, there are 4 Character types in Both Male and Female Genders and Different Classes which are Power, Sense, Charm, and Magic. Each of these characters comes with the same skills at 1st job, but at 2nd Job, their skills will be different from the genders. The game is like Ragnarok Online to me when I first played the Game, but It wasn't that much of level grinding areas where I can go right now. The downsides part of the game is that you'll get packed easily and economy is varies.