Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

AnonyPoni

Guilt. Every year, I get that same feeling.

Guilt that I shouldn't feel, but feel it anyway.

I was way too young to care when it happened. I found out about it much too many years later.

Life began to make sense. The rudeness, the misunderstanding, the plain ignorance I dealt with in others.

It never occurred to me that I shouldn't be blamed. But, nonetheless, they blamed me.

Sooner or later, I began to blame myself.

Childhoods go away quickly. Innocence dies with knowledge. The good memories stay to comfort me, but the bad ones stick like tar.

I can understand what had happened, how it happened, and WHY it happened.

Sadly, "Who" was what stuck in everyone else's minds.

In reality, "Who" is a small group. A small group that does not represent the "Whole". Most of the "Whole" they are a "part" of does not agree with them. However, all it takes is a small "Who" to ruin the image of the "Whole".

The "Who" shocks a nation. The nation fights back. We all know the story.

The nation is filled with many people; Many shocked, Many scared... and Many ignorant.

Ignorance is leads to Misjudgment.

Misjudgment leads to Prejudice

Prejudice leads to Fear.

Fear leads to Hatred.

A vicious chain of thought. A chain of thought that happens far too often in history.

For a shocked, scared, ignorant person, the "Whole" became the "Who".

I was part of that "Whole". That "Whole" was far too different from the nation for most in the nation to understand it. It was easy to see the "Whole" as the one who hurt them.

After all, no one knew better.

So, after all these years, with all the ignorance in the in people's words, in the air, in people's minds, it makes you, someone who it part of the "Whole", feel responsible. You give in to their Ignorance.

Ignorance is a plague. A plague that is contagious.

So now, I am sad to be part of that "Whole". I may know the truth, that the "Who" is not that "Whole", but what good is the truth when no one wants to change their minds.

You can change laws, but you can't change people. People change themselves.

Until people find out on their own that "Who" was ones who shocked the nation, not the "Whole", we will remain the same, and never learn from our mistakes.

Those who don't learn from History will repeat it.

We gather as a nation on this day, a day that won't be forgotten anytime soon.

We honor the victims, the heroes, and the survivors.

We curse those who caused it.

Just remember "Who" caused it.

Not the "Whole".

Not me.

This is what a Muslim American thinks on 9/11

- Anony

To those who were not ignorant

I am sorry you were lumped together with those who are. I appreciate your understanding throughout all these years. You were the ones that showed hope to this great nation. Thank you.

If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say it.

• Brohoof 10

I truly feel the same way. However, we aren't the only faulty ones. Hear about the ambassador and the other two killed yesterday? That was a result of stereotypes. I wish this stuff would just stop.

I truly feel the same way. However, we aren't the only faulty ones. Hear about the ambassador and the other two killed yesterday? That was a result of stereotypes. I wish this stuff would just stop.

Your probably right, but if you think about it, Americans haven't exactly done amazingly well in the Middle East. Not to mention, you'd be surprised on the amount of ponies there that really support the US.

Uh, I dont want to turn this thread into a discussion on that. However, do you know the reason why the Libyans killed the people in the embassy and why the Egyptians nearly did the same? (I do NOT support what they did, at all. I just feel like everypony should understand both sides before making a conclusion)

• Brohoof 2

Is it me or have i met you somewhere before?... Our names are very similar lol.

I agree with what you have said completely. It happens all the time towards specific groups and minorites. You see it all the time towards Bronies.

Your probably right, but if you think about it, Americans haven't exactly done amazingly well in the Middle East. Not to mention, you'd be surprised on the amount of ponies there that really support the US.

Uh, I dont want to turn this thread into a discussion on that. However, do you know the reason why the Libyans killed the people in the embassy and why the Egyptians nearly did the same? (I do NOT support what they did, at all. I just feel like everypony should understand both sides before making a conclusion)

The result of this video (no this is not a joke, this is what happened, don't watch if you are sensitive to racism):

Snipped out

It's pretty heartbreaking.

Edited by Dreamwalker

The result of this video (no this is not a joke, this is what happened, don't watch if you are sensitive to racism):

*Snip snip*

Well thats what the article on Yahoo said lol. Honestly i started watching that and i could go two minutes into it. That was the freaken stupidest thing i have ever seen. That wasn't suposed to be serious movie... was it?

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Well thats what the article on Yahoo said lol. Honestly i started watching that and i could go two minutes into it. That was the freaken stupidest thing i have ever seen. That wasn't suposed to be serious movie... was it?

Well, it wasn't serious in a sense, but it was serious at the fact that it was a targeted racism. It's pretty sad in truth, the guy is even in hiding right now, who made it.

Er, yeah, I know about the film.... (I'm not going to watch it.... if it's alright with you, can you please take it down?)

I knew the answer to the question. I just wanted to see if you did.

This is one of those things that is hard for Americans to understand. It's a culture difference that simple is hard to comprehend more many ponies.

In Islam, It's, uh, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad to show images of holy figures. This is something christians are ok with, but Muslims are not.

Plus, it was a bit (HUGE) of an insult to the arab world.

Edit: thank you for taking the movie out :)

Like I said, I do NOT support them, but that's the reason

Edited by AnonyPoni
  • Brohoof 1

It's really rare to see a drawn out recall of a Muslim American's point of view. I mean yea we hear the same, "Not all Muslims are like that," but I haven't seen one who will explain his thoughts about it fully. I have an idea why, but I'm not gonna delve further into that. He was only a child who probably didn't even know what was going on, and people still hold the same stereotype towards people like him. We know each other personally, so I can say that he doesn't mess around with these topics. It's like if you were to stick me in the group with WBC and call me one of them. (Not as extreme, but it only comparison I can think of.)

I think I'm starting to go outside the topic now.

• Brohoof 1

It's unfortunate that people still feel the need to show their hatred of Muslims like this. Not that anything can justify what the savages did to the ambassador, but showing nothing but blatant disrespect for your culture is...well, it's nothing but a step backwards for our country.

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you all for reading what I wrote and understanding :)

It's funny, I'm not a devout Muslim in any sense because of 9/11. If there was no 9/11, how would I have turned out? Would it be for the better or worse? I guess we'll never know.

Thanks. You truly are the best kind of human being.

Not looking at the general picture but actually analyzing it's content so you don't look like a fool and miss something.

We can all learn something from you. Better then those who blame Jews (just because they are Jews) and Muslims just because they are looking for a scapegoat.

If only the race had you as a reference. Unfortunately that's not the case.

• Brohoof 2