Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to circumvent the character limit

Killian Jones

Pretty simple, just use the British spelling of some words. like colour, favourite, humour... etcetera.

It's not fullproof and you may think you sometimes don't need to use these words, well, try to mix them in.

there, FIXED

• Brohoof 4

Meh

Just bullshit your way to one hundred character. It's just that simple

Spell each and every number, 1250 into 'one thousand two hundreds and fifty'

Use subtle swearing words, 'why did you do that?' into 'why in the name of all that is holy did you do that?"

Ask more than twice, "Are you sure? Are you really sure? I'm pretty sure that you're not really sure about this. You sure?"

Express your feelings, "Oh man, I'm not very comfortable talking about this, it brings out some bad memories you know, do you <insert the real question here>?"

• Brohoof 7

Spell each and every number,

I've seen this a lot more commonly, recently. The only problem is, those who are smart enough to figure it out on their own already come up with 100 characters easily.

Use subtle swearing words

Doesn't necessarily work. I've hidden a post or two for making a 75 or so character word-lengthening mechanism. It's not ALWAYS the case, but those who are being evasive really do stand out there.

Ask more than twice,

Yeah, this one is far too obvious. I've taken care of a great number of people who just ask the same question five times to make the limit. Twice? Not a problem, usually, but any more, and your post barely hits the limit, then it's not gonna work.

Express your feelings

This isn't circumventing the limit, this is providing peoples with something they might find interesting to read. So please, peoples, use this method to bypass the limit for us. :3

Honestly, those do work to some extent, cause members themselves don't typically spot the sneakiness as easily. The BEST way to circumvent the character limit; Take a moment to think "What else can I say about the topic? :huh: " and it will do wonders for you! :3

Honestly, those do work to some extent, cause members themselves don't typically spot the sneakiness as easily. The BEST way to circumvent the character limit; Take a moment to think "What else can I say about the topic? :huh: " and it will do wonders for you! :3

Huh, if you can pick them out that easily, how come none of my posts ever deleted for circumventing character limit? Posted Image

Huh, if you can pick them out that easily, how come none of my posts ever deleted for circumventing character limit? Posted Image

Cause I don't have one hundred computers and ninety nine clones. :3

• Brohoof 2

Cause I don't have one hundred computers and ninety nine clones. :3

No... It's because, to everypony else, most of my circumventing posts are good enough to stand above 100 characters, albeit it's only about 70 characters content-wise. No pony even bothered to report them!

Since no one reported them, you moderators have no clue which posts should be taken care off. It's a widely accepted fact that without any reports, any rules violating posts is as good as legit. There is no patrolling mod that will check up any less-than popular thread! Posted Image

My methods had been proved over time and time again to be effective, and I'm not the only user Posted Image

There is no patrolling mod that will check up any less-than popular thread! Posted Image

They are supposed to be doing that, pretty much. Back when I was a mere sectional moderator, nothing slipped by my eyes... Then again, we had only 1500 or so members as well. :3

(No, srsly, for the first 2 weeks I read every post in every section I could moderate, cause procrastinating from college shtuffs was fun. :3)

PS: Keep in mind, I am crazy.

Edited by Misso Klopp
Adding a PS.
  • Brohoof 1

They are supposed to be doing that, pretty much.

They are supposed to, but how many times you see a disastrously obvious character minimum violator went unnoticed for weeks? Some even last for months. You had to accept that most of normal users here are either too lazy or too tolerant to any kind of rule breaking, even more so if the offender was their friend.

PS: Keep in mind, I am crazy.

All moderation staff in this forum are crazy Posted Image

Except Scootacool, he's a cool guy

They are supposed to be doing that, pretty much. Back when I was a mere sectional moderator, nothing slipped by my eyes...

I think from now on, whenever my posts come up short, I'm just going to write your name a few times.

Klopp klopp klopp klopp kloop loop zoop swoop a doop.

• Brohoof 2

You had to accept that most of normal users here are either too lazy or too tolerant to any kind of rule breaking, even more so if the offender was their friend.

Yesh, I know. Unfortunately that is the cost of traversing through the internetz. No corner of the internet is untouched by the hands of human emotion and constant lack of caring.

I think from now on, whenever my posts come up short, I'm just going to write your name a few times.

Klopp klopp klopp klopp kloop loop zoop swoop a doop.

I'd simply be laughing to hard to hit the hide button. :3

• Brohoof 2

You had to accept that most of normal users here are either too lazy or too tolerant to any kind of rule breaking, even more so if the offender was their friend.

I'd simply be laughing to hard to hit the hide button. :3

Ha. I'm in the clear.

Yesh, I know. Unfortunately that is the cost of traversing through the internetz. No corner of the internet is untouched by the hands of human emotion and constant lack of caring.

Posted Image

You need to construct more Watch Tower

Meh

Just bullshit your way to one hundred character. It's just that simple

Spell each and every number, 1250 into 'one thousand two hundreds and fifty'

Use subtle swearing words, 'why did you do that?' into 'why in the name of all that is holy did you do that?"

Ask more than twice, "Are you sure? Are you really sure? I'm pretty sure that you're not really sure about this. You sure?"

Express your feelings, "Oh man, I'm not very comfortable talking about this, it brings out some bad memories you know, do you <insert the real question here>?"

okay, Thanks. i really mean it, you are the greatest, thanks a lot you are the best thanks thanks, i love you, thanks so much, you helped me a lot

like this? hehe xD

• Brohoof 1