Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Founding of Equestria: The Aftermath (RP)

SilverHeart

There wasn't much point arguing right now, he was too tired to keep it going. Star Keeper set himself down in the grass and looked up to the stars. Not for any particular reason, he was simply passing the time. With any luck he may even get some sleep out of this. The others were also starting to relax a bit, but he didn't really take notice of them. He closed his eyes and breathed in the damp night air.

As the group walked on, Purplepower thought two stallions appeared to be arguing about something. Normally, she would be up for a good argument and probably would have joined in. But, at the moment, she really didn't care. Then the rest of the group appeared to be taking a rest. Well, might as well just have a rest too. She thought as she took off her saddlebag. It had become a bit loose and therefor had been rubbing up against her for a while. Maybe I should check my wing again. Hmmm, maybe I better do it somewhere else. After all, if I still can't fly, the last thing I need is to fall in front of everypony. She tried to slip away without anypony noticing her. If Star Keeper sees me and then starts to lecture me, I'm going to chew him out of Equestria itself! She thought as she found a spot to test her wing. Better make sure not to fly above the top of the trees. That could be disastrous. She prepared to take off. She seemed to be able to fly fairly well. Yes! She got to the top of the trees. Ok, now to get back down. Just as she thought this, her wing cramped up. Oh, crap! No no no! She tried to descend before gravity did it for her, but it was too late. She hit the ground with a loud thud. "Ow, ow, OW!" She said, forgetting to be quiet. Quiet, stupid! Do you want all of Equestria to her you?! She thought to herself. Great, just great. Now it will be even longer before I can fly! She thought, once again regretting listening to one of her ideas. Uggg. I hope nopony heard that. Crap. I can't get to my bag without them seeing me, and they're already going to wonder what happened over here.

Edited by Purplepower

Star Keepers rest was interrupted briefly by a loud thud. The didn't seem to notice it, resting by a small fire they had started on the side of the trial. Listening closer he could hear a voice in the distance, near a group of trees the brushed the trails edge.

'It was probably some kind or rodent. Then again, it could be some kind of beast. No no, don't think like that.' He got up from his daze in the grass. 'Better go check it out, just to be on the safe side.'

For a carnivorous beast, it was making an awful lot of noise. Suddenly he heard it again,only allot closer.

"Ow, ow, OW!"

Star Keeper turned in the direction of the voice. He didn't see it source, but did catch something out of the corner of his eye. A small worn saddle bag rested on the grass, no owner in sight. He made his way towards it, looking at it with a curious eye.

'Purplepower's bag, What is it doing here exactly?' He took another examination of his surroundings. Silent. She was out here somewhere,he was sure.

Well, that was just graceful, wasn't it. She thought as she got up. Well, it's too late for trying to sneak over to my bag, I messed that up when I let myself groan. She said, wanting to kick herself for it. Guess I'll just have to go back and look stupid. She though, knowing that somepony would see her and probably chew her out for it.

(OOC: I think everyone is inside Canterlot now...but if you aren't...well you are now. Once more a terrible rushed Discord post.)

Discord looked down upon a sleeping Canterlot. He frowned as he noticed that more than a few ponies had escaped the other two capitals. Discord was determined to not make the same mistake again, after all third times the charm. Drawing upon all his strength Discord cast a spell on Canterlot itself. To make sure that nothing would escape him or his chaos he turned Canterlot into an infinite, inescapable city. In addition to expanding the city, the spell rearranged it, thus making sure that nopony knew how to navigate it. The only thing that remained unchanged was that the Castle was in the center of the city.

It had been a peaceful night at least. Star Keeper decided to leave Purplepower to come back when she was ready. In the morning she had rejoined the group and were ready to go. Though he wanted to question her over what it was she was up last night, he had already dug himself a nice deep hole, not needing anymore conflict.

It had taken them no more than two hours before they reached Canterlot, the purple mare even able to keep up with them for a while. Though they were relieved to reach safety without a hitch, it was short lived. No sooner had they reached the city an evil fell over all within it. The very streets shifted and the roads diverged in random directions, the layout was altered to an unrecognizable form.

'You knew this would happen. You should have listened to yourself but no. Here you are, nothing you can do now.'

Edited by The-Master
  • Brohoof 1

Purplepower had gotten her wing bandaged up again just before they started going again. She was able to keep up with the rest of them fairly well, considering she had fallen 50-100 feet last night. Nopony asked her any questions about what happened last night. Good. The last thing I need is to be questioned. Just then, they got to Canterlot. It looked more like a maze than a city. This isn't the Canterlot I remember. She thought to herself, remembering when she had lived there for a short time. Terrific. Apparently we're to late. She thought as she looked at the city.

Edited by Purplepower

The barrier slid down right behind Mapmaker, who instinctively jumped. "I guess I miscalculated; I was sure there were a couple cities that he would've spent more time at," he mumbles to himself. He bucked the barrier and experienced some slight magical rebound, "I do not believe we're getting out of this one."

"This is a fine mess isn't it." Would have been better to stay in the woods! But no, you just HAD to go here instead, didn't you?! Well, there's nothing I can do about in now! She thought, while kicking herself. This is probably the biggest mess I've gotten myself into yet! I was always able to get out of other problems, but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get out of this one at all. She adjusted her saddlebag. "Well, what now?" She asked. She was almost asking herself, but she wasn't sure who she was asking.

Star Rain made a little bit of a mess of the mythology and zoology sections before finding two books that held the answer. She found out that the creature was a Dragonequss and that it was a spirit of mischief and chaos in a zoology book. In a mythology book, she read stories about it breaking up families and friends and reducing kingdoms to places where law didn't exist. Satisfied with this new information, Star Rain decided to head back home. However,she felt something unorganized about Canterlot. It seemed like she was in the shopping area, which is about half an hour away from her house. Much to her surprise though, her house was right next door. Let me guess, did that spirit of chaos get here?! I have a bad feeling about this. A really REALLY bad feeling about this! Fearing for the worst, Star Rain stayed up all night learning offensive spells.

(OOC: Discord is a Dragonequss according to the MLP Wiki)

Star Keeper seemed to spin round in a panic, looking sown every street as if it were looking right back at him.

"Everything's shifting around us. The whole city, the roads, everything." He shot his gaze to the palace, which seemed to remain stationary for the moment. At least there was one place where they may find some aid if not any.

"Guys, I think our best option in this case would be to-" He looked back to the others, shocked when he saw that each and every one of them was gone. He was on his own in an ever-shifting maze of streets.

"-stay together...' He trailed off into a terrified whimper. If he was going to get anywhere, he had to do it on his own now.

Mapmaker found himself surrounded by shrubbery. "Twists and turns, I yearn to learn, but mazes cut and burn me," he mumbles saddly. He was alone again, and the only direction was forwards. Every now and then, the bushes would change into an edible, sugary pink substance, which he knew would sustain him.

• Brohoof 1

Purplepower was following the others down another twisted street. She guessed that they were going to the castle. Something doesn't feel quite right. It's almost as if something's missing.....Uh oh. "Ummmm, hey guys? I think we lost Star Keeper." She turned around to see if he was behind them. Nope. Terrific. Now what? Are we going to look for him? Or are we going to just keep going? She wasn't sure, but whether the rest of them went to look or not, she was going to. I know it's weird, but I can't help it. He's part of the group, so we should look for him. She was prepared to argue Mapmaker into the ground if he refused. I actually like a good argument for whatever reason.

Mapmaker tried to jump through a bush, to see if he could bull rush out of the strange maze, but he seemed magically teleported to the other bush. He nibbled on a branch of the strange substance and sits to think, eventually just hoping everypony else was okay. He didn't know if he'd make it out of this one..."

'If the others have any sense they will make for the castle. It seems to be the only safe place in this entire city. I hope that they only come to a better fate than myself.' Star Keeper begun to aimlessly gallop down the streets. It was about the time he had gone down the same street a fifth time he begun to wonder if his mind was playing tricks on him.

"You've completely lost it now. Not getting any closer to getting out of here." He mumbled to himself aloud. His thoughts begun to focus in on what he needed to do. He managed to reach the Canterlot gardens after some time of searching for a way out. He was promptly greeted by a labyrinth of hedges.

'Turn back, best option.' Star Keeper spun round to see that the path he had taken was now closed off by a building that wasn't there before. 'Great, only one way now.'

He steadily edged himself towards the entrance of the maze, peering around corners and bends, heading in the direction of the castle. Suddenly he heard the sounds of snapping branches and crashing, getting closer each second he waited.

"Uuuhhh, everypony?" Great. I guess when I turned around they went on without me. She thought of what she should do. Well, it's no good searching for everypony. Might as well make it to the castle. If any of them have an ounce of logic, they'll do the same. So she got up and tried to make her way to the castle. This might be easier if I could see what direction I was heading. Just then, her wing started to hurt. "OW!" Uuuuug! Again with the yelping! Don't do that! She walked forward. As she turned a corner, she seemed to be transported into a maze. Uuuuuuhhh, where am I now? She tried to see if there was anything recognizable. Well, maybe I should just sit down and look at my wing. After all, it's not like I'm going anywhere. Edited by Purplepower

Mapmaker thought he heard Purplepowder cry out, and remember how she'd bandaged her wing. He called out, "Purplepowder? Can you hear me? Try to make to the castle, and I'll try to meet you there. I'm in some sort of... Pink... Maze thing." He got up and continued to walk, trying to find a path to the castle.

Purplepower heard Mapmaker. "Yeah! Ok. Sorry, my wing just, like, freaked out or something, I really don't know." She said as she started towards the castle. It was probably from falling Yesterday night. She said, still regretting doing that in the first place.

(P.S. It's Purplepower LOL :lol: )

Edited by Purplepower

(OCC:Feld0's Overlord lost interest, requesting to leave, and so I have to kill him off. I thought I would do it as painlessly as possible, but then again, I am a psycho.)

One could hear stories of many who have died and not feel as bad as Star Keeper did right now. As he looked upon what was left of Grey Stone. His blood had been spread over a wide radius and his body was barley intact. He felt his chest surge with blood and his stomach churn with queasiness. It was sickening to say the least.

Before his eyes he watched as the corpse began to slowley sink into the earth, disappearing as if it were never there. The blood faded and everything returned to normal, but the image of the fallen stallion was till present in Star Keepers mind. Was it all an illusion? No, it was so real.

Pressing forward with a new determination, Star Keeper had a new bone to pick with Discord. Grey Stones death was unnecessary, a mere irritation that prevented him reaching his true goal, and Discord felt no reluctance in taking a life it seemed if it wasn't worth the time.

(OOC: Man y'all post so fast every time I come check I'm shocked.)

Silver Heart was shuffling down her street, staring at the ground. Today was horribly long...maybe I can send a message saying I caught something from one of the refugees...and stay home.

She had walked the way home so many times that she didn't even need to look up to know where she was. By instinct she turned to her right to walk to her front door. Instead of the oak door she was expecting to see, a large wall was in her way. Silver sighed as she turned around. I must be more tired then I thought...I must have gone the wrong way. Well I guess I need to find out where I took the wrong turn...

Silver Heart started walking back down the route she had just traveled. I was sure that that I had just walked down an alley that was over here. Maybe I came from the other way?

Silver Heart turned around and started looking for an alley in the other direction. It's really odd...I haven't seen another pony in awhile...even at nighttime there's usually at least a guard on patrol...maybe they're all looking after the refugees. I can be such an idiot...

After wandering for what seemed like an eternity she saw a pegasus mare laying on the ground. Silver Heart walking over to her. "Miss, excuse me...do you know where we are? I think I'm lost."

As Purplepower was walking, she thought she heard something. She turned the corner to see if anything was there. It's Star Keeper! Should I go up to him? Should I just keep going? Uuuuuugggg! Why can't I make up my mind on these things! Just then, her wing started hurting again. "Youch!" She tried to stifle it, but she still made some noise. Well, no use hiding now. She got up stepped closer. "Oh. You're in here too?" She wasn't quite sure what to say.

It was very early in the morning when Star Rain awoke. She didn't feel very tired at all, so she went for a walk, pulling her hood up. She casted a spell on her hooves to leave a lit up trail wherever she went, so that she didn't get lost. All a sudden, she heard voices that made her jump(Purplepower,Star Keeper,anyone else). Star Rain followed the voices and saw the shadows of other ponies, ponies who aren't unicorns. Slowly, she walked up to them. "Hello? Is anypony there?" Edited by MagicalStarRain

Then, Purplepower heard somepony's voice. It didn't sound like an adult's voice. She turned around, and saw a unicorn, a couple years younger than herself. "Oh, hi!" She said, a little surprised that a pony her age would be in the maze. But when she looked around her, she was no longer in a maze. Whoa. That's weird. She thought to herself. "I'm Purplepower. What's your name?" She said, once again afraid of being too pushy.

"Purple!" Star Keeper could hear somepony calling his name,he only hoped it was her. All of the sudden, the maze shifted. Under his hooves opened a pit that sent him falling into the darkness bellow. He let out a small cry before being swallowed by the earth, the maze disappearing.

After what felt like hours, Star Keeper woke to find himself in some form of cave. Its walls were covered in crystal and it shone in the dim light that managed to reach the darkness bellow. The faint sounds of dripping water echoed in the deep.

He knew this place, he knew all about Canterlot lore, it was his profession. These caves were created for two purposes; the first to keep an ancient terror locked away after the second griffon wars, the other to send criminal unicorns to their inevitable doom at the monsters hooves, if it had hooves. What exactly lurked down here, he did not know, was it even still here after so many years passed? Only one way to find out, although he really should look for a way out.

Purplepower heard a noise. It sounded like somepony said my name. Just then, the ground rumbled. She heard something that sounded like Star Keeper yelling. She ran towards the noise, she saw the ground closing up. Right after that, the roads shifted again. She looked around to see where she was. It looked like an ally. Where's that unicorn I was talking to? The unicorn appeared to have been shifted to somewhere else. What was that? It almost looked like a...... Oh no. She remembered hearing tales about a beast living under Canterlot. She had never believed them, but she figured that even if it hadn't been real, that thing might have thought it would be funny to mess with ponies by doing something like that. How the heck am I supposed to get down there?! If she were to get down there, what next? Well, with my luck, I'll probably get down there too and fall even farther than I did yesterday. I've got to think of something I can do! Maybe if I keep moving towards the castle, something will happen. It was the only thing she could think of the moment.

Edited by Purplepower