Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Founding of Equestria: The Aftermath (RP)

SilverHeart

"Yeah. I actually never thought that not wanting to stay in one place was called something! But then again, I never really was up to date on stuff like that." She said, not wanting to sound like somepony who just wants to hear the sound of their own voice.

"Man, if only I didn't get so much homework , I could be drawing stuff..." Star Rain muttered to herself. She unlocks the door, goes to her desk in her room, and quietly studies and casts spells for school. The description of the creature sounded familiar, and as tempted as Star Rain was to ponder on it, she decided to hold it off 'till tomorrow.

Edited by MagicalStarRain

Sorry, dinner) Mapmaker smiles, "Eh, wanderlust isn't very common. It's more of a state of mind then anything else. So, before the... thing, what were you doing?" he continued to eat the beans, nearing the end. He liked beans, they kept well, and were easy to cook. He waited; this pony seemed a little shy.

"Oh. I was looking for work because I had moved into a new apartment. How about you? Did you have any kind of job?" She asked, trying not to sound nosy."Well anyways, man, you must seriously like those beans!" She said, again yelling at and lecturing herself mentally.

He grinned, "Beans are travel food. And you already know I love to travel. As for my job, I'm an explorer. And you should stop beating yourself up over whatever it is you're beating yourself up over. Your face shouldn't grimace like that." He finnishes the beans and sets down the pan.

Stone stoked his fire one last time before heading into his tent. He was the only one there for at least another thirty meters. From his tent, he saw another group of tents. He figured he'd probably go see them tomorrow, that is, if they were there tomorrow. Several ponies had been moving in and out of the area for the past couple of days, making it hard for him to predict if they were going to be there when he woke up.

Star Rain wakes up and packs her saddlebags with some apples,pencils,and a notebook with a cute kitty on it. She finds a map and locates the nearest refugee camp. She takes a piece of amber on a keychain with her for good luck and heads off toward the refugee camp.

(OOC: Where is the refugee camp anyways?)

"I guess it is. That sounds like a fun job! I know I shouldn't beat my self up, but I'm a MAJOR perfectionist and that mixed with being self conscious never ends well, so I end up lecturing myself about being shy and/or self conscious." She said, now more self conscious than ever.

He pats her on the back and grins, "Perfection is hard to come by, but... Give yourself a mirror, and you'd be pretty darn close; you don't look have bad with some travel dirt for make up. I say close because you're lacking the quintessential thing for all beauty. A smile." He grinned, and winked.

"Ummm... Thanks?" She started to blush and wasn't sure quite how to respond. She never really had to think of how to respond to things like that. Not knowing what else to do, she smiled, and then, once again, her mind started short circuiting trying to find something to say. She didn't want to seem rude, but she really had no idea what to say. Edited by Purplepower

After walking a little ways (Star Rain's house isn't very far from the castle) she reaches the entrance of the refugee camp. Already, she could feel the negativity coming from the scared refugees. Being a rather socially awkward unicorn, she was hesitant at first to go on in. However, she gathered up her courage and went on in.

Mapmaker smiled back. He handed her a mirror, saying "Tell me a stallion who does not want such a gorgeous, vibrant smile like yours. It definately suits your face. Listen, a lot of things will get you down in life, Ms. Powder. It may be cliche, but it's worth saying. Enjoy the little things."

"Alright, thanks!" Now her brain was panicking. She felt like her mind was in a tornado. It seemed like it was telling her about a billion different things she could say, but the tornado that her brain was in was loud enough that she couldn't hear any of them. Edited by Purplepower

Mapmaker rolled his eyes. "You," he said, emphasizing the word by gently poking her in the chest, "Are to uptight. Let your heart tell your mouth what to say. If you say the wrong thing the wrong thing, well, I don't care. I don't think the tree cares either. I guess what I'm saying is... Around the campfire, it should be a happy place, where ponies speak freely." He moved a log, causing sparks to fly, "It always was before."

"I've kinda always been that way, just kinda uptight about my feelings. I guess that's why I always feel awkward around other ponies." She said, trying to be a bit more talkative "Also, to tell you the truth, I've never actually been at a campfire before." She said, with that feeling of awkwardness starting to come back. Edited by Purplepower

(State testing, will reply later)

"Well, I don't expect evrypony to know campfire rules. But it is a good opportunity to get to know a pony. And to tell you the truth, I think that most of the time, nopony says how they really feel. They're to afraid of what other ponies think," he replied.

"Yeah, I guess it would be." She said, now relieved that the awkward feeling was starting to go away. Well, at least now I'm not lecturing my self about being socially awkward. She thought to herself. Then she started to think about catching up to some of the pegasi she knew and soon started to lose concentration.

Mapmaker stared into the fire, thinking. "If I where going to Canterlot, what would I do...? Hmm," he thought out loud. "Maybe I should go. Freelancing sucks, and the Unicorn capitol of the world is bound to have at least a few sights to see. Then again, the cities always seemed packed." He frowned, staring at his bean can.

"What?" She said, hoping that she didn't miss anything. "Sorry I kinda lost concentration there for a second. " She had been thinking of where to look for her family when she got to Canterlot. "You were saying something about Canterlot?" At least that's what she thought he said. Edited by Purplepower

"Oh, I was just think out loud, wondering whether or not I should go to Canterlot. I was trying to talk myself into it by saying there'd be large spectacles." He looked over to her, "If you don't mind me asking, what was your favorite thing to do in Las Pegasus?"

"Oh. I think that it would be cool to go to Canterlot, but that's just me. I think one of my favorite things to do there was to sketch the flowers they have there. They have some of the most vibrant and rare flowers and foliage I've ever seen!" She said, now pretty sure she sounded like a girly little filly.

Edited by Purplepower

Mapmaker absent mindedly drew a very detailed map in the dirt. The map lead to Canterlot and it's surrounding areas as known by the Earth Ponies. "So, the flowers, are they colorful?" He was remembering when he was younger and fascinated with poetry. A lot of good poetry came out of Canterlot.

"Definitely. Wow, that's a really detailed map! Did you just do that from memory? That's amazing!" She said, amazed that somepony could make a map that was proportionally correct and detailed in mere minutes. "Something that detailed would have taken me a month!"

He unslung his bag with a small smile, opening it. It was filled with uncharted map paper, pencils, protractors, straight edges, and maps, "I make maps on the side. As an explorer, it's my job to find the safest route for ponies. I can lead you safely to Canterlot... unless that pony has changed the roads.

"Wow. It must be exciting to find new routes and paths, sorta like a problem solving kinda thing, right?" She had always liked figuring things out on her own (some ponies said that she wouldn't believe a wall existed until she ran into it for herself) "Alright, if it's not too much trouble or anything." She said, not wanting to be a bother. Edited by Purplepower