Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Fountain RP

Miss Light Diamond

Lazily pulling four bits out of the bag, and sending them magically towards Flame, Descant responds to Spark and June, "Don't worry, I can get you to Canterlot. I might even be able to work some connections for you; I studied there, and many of my classmates stayed in the city after I left." Descant looks at the clouds, getting lost in a daydream. "I'd love to be able to fly, and go up there myself, you know. Twilight Sparkle knows a spell that can give anypony wings, and another to let anypony walk on a clouds. But she seems to think I wouldn't be able to cast the spell properly." Taking a deep breath, Descant loses the slightly resentful tone he had acquired. "She's probably right, and I wouldn't like to try the spell, and find out I cast it wrong the hard way. Its a shame. I'd simply love to get to see the Rainbow Factory in Cloudsdale. Ah well. If it's not meant to be... It's not meant to be." He sighs, still gazing at the clouds.

Edited by Descant

Flame watched in aw as four bits floated over into his hoof. Thanks Descant." He said, happily placed them on the counter and made his way back to the group taking a small bite of his sandwich. "Th-this... This Is AMAZING." He yelled, getting several strange looks from the ponies around him.

"And did you say Rainbow factory ? That would be fun to see... Maybe your friend Twilight would use the spell so we could all go up and take a look." He said, munching on his sandwich.

"Wait, twilight sparkle? doesn't she run the library? perhaps she knows a spell to let us fly!" June was exited, "this is amazing! if she can make ponies grow wings then surley theres a spell that teaches flight. im going to ask her right now! you comeing Derek?"

Bright spark looked at june "no no. I WAS Derek, but now call me bright spark! and yeah, Ill go with you. Perhaps she can teach me magic too."

Descant shuffles his hooves sheepishly. "Sure, you'd be able to go see it. You have wings. But Twilight wouldn't perform the spell for me. She got annoyed enough with me the last time I asked her. She said... She said... 'No! It's just not practical for you to go to Cloudsdale simply to go sightseeing!' ... I don't want to approach her about it again. I don't want to give her another reason to snap at me."

Doesn't she run the library?

"Why yes, she does run the library. How did you know that?" Descant gives June a thoughtful look. "But yeah. Twilight would be the pony to go to to learn magic, if you're not willing to go to school. Her special talent is magic! She was even able to vanquish an Ursa Minor! It was incredible, I've never seen anything like it! But... I'm not sure how she'd react to your... story."

Edited by Descant

"well ive already told her im not from here, and if i can learn years of light in mere minutes id say thats a win in my book" she winked at descant as a friendly gesture, then went to the store where they sell scrolls to see if twilight was there. surley enough, she was.

(OOC: Darklord, PinkaPopo control's Twilight at the moment, Its up to her if Twilight is at the store or not."

"Vats kina rude of her iph you ashk me." Flame said, half way threw a mouthful. He swallowed and tried again. "Pardon me. Thats rather rude of her if you ask me... And if there is a spell that gives normal ponies and unicorns wings than why doesn't everyone have wings like a pegasus ?" He asked.

The sun was just starting to dip below the horizon.

Descant is taken aback by the sudden wink, and is unsure how to interpret it. He also hesitates, unsure what to do now. In the end, he decides to just stand there, standing awkwardly with a slightly confused expression on his face. It was obvious that he was deep in thought. After a moment, he smirks slightly, but the expression is gone almost immediately as he pulls himself back into reality.

In response to Flame, Descant says, "Twilight's not that bad, really. She's just very practical, and apparently the wing spell takes an incredible amount of energy for fragile wings. She doesn't seem to think I'd have the strength to cast it myself, considering such a spell is probably outside my range of talent, and doesn't think that me going sightseeing is a good reason to cast it herself. I don't blame her; I'd probably agree if I were in her place." Glancing towards the scroll store, Descant adds casually, "Do you think she'll be successful with over there?"

Edited by Descant

(OOC: Ok, We need to get to day too and start learning to fly and do magic... and look for a job.)

"I dont really know ether of them that well so... I have no idea. And I am getting kinda tired, and I am sure all of you are too... So I think we should probably get to bed. You are sure you're ok with us staying at your place Decant ? Once a couple of us figure out how to fly We could probably even it out a bit and whoever has wings could stay with Sugar rush until we get our own places."

• Brohoof 1

Arcane had lost the group, and he had no idea where he was, probably somewhere in the resident district. But he needed to ask around who here knew most about magic, and possibly if they also had alchemy. He spotted a purple normal pony that had a picture of berries on her flank, he walked over and smiled, "Hi, I'm new in ponyville, do you know if there are any unicorns around here that might know more about magic?" The purple pony fumbled and nodded, "Thur s-hic-should be a purrrple unicurn in da tree library that knews lauts bout mageek and dat shtuff" Clearly she was drunk, but her information was probably correct. "Thank you, I'll buy you your next beer. If I'm legal age that is..." "Hu-wha? Whats a beer?" "Uh... nevermind. Thank you again" He finished and trotted off towards the library, which she said was the tree he found earlier.

"Of course I don't mind. You might not all fit comfortably, but at least there will be a roof over your heads. Here, let me show you to my house." Descant leads what remains of their group down the road, and after hoofing it to just outside of Ponyville, not far from the border of the Everfree Forest, gestures to a relatively plain house. "Usually my friends, the Twins, Rag and Tag, live here with me, but they're off on some extended expedition in the Everfree Forest. I think they're looking for some... enchanted shrine? I forget. But, in short, there is room for me to have some guests for a while. Please, please try not to touch anything. Many of my instruments are delicate, but I'm more worried about the Twins' belongings. They leave their prank stuff lying around all the time, and sometimes they even keep explosives in their room." Descant shudders slightly at this thought. "There shouldn't be anything especially destructive in there right now. They'll have brought a lot of it with them."

"Now that you know where the house is, would you like to try and round up the rest of your group? We can start at the library, June is definitely there."

Edited by Descant

Dusk Storm gave Descant a quizzical look. "Is is normal for ponies to keep explosives?" This world was a lot more dangerous than the colorful, cartoonish look betrayed. Did anypony ever fall from the clouds? And there was a hospital in sight, so evidently ponies knew pain well enough to find cures. What other secrets did the land have? Perhaps it was not as utopic as it would seem, but that gave it a more familiar feel.

"Well, I admit, it's pretty unusual for anypony to have explosives. It was only on one occasion that they blew off the side of the house."

Descant shifts uncomfortably, as the memory jumps to mind. "I had to replace my best piano, as well as a trombone. I don't know what they've been keeping hidden about the house lately, but hopefully they've learned their lesson about keeping that much explosive powder hidden under their beds." Smiling slightly at the look of incredulity on Dusk Storm's face, Descant kindly adds, "Don't worry about that. These are peaceful and happy times. Try not to read too far into things; you'll be happier if you don't."

Turning to walk back to Ponyville to fetch the others, Descant goes on, his words silenced almost to the point of being undetectable, "But you can't always judge a book by its cover, can you?"

Edited by Descant

Flame got a little worried about the explosives under the twins beds * I think I will be fine with a blanket and the floor.* he thought. "Thank you so much for letting us stay, Descant. And would you like hand... er hoof, looking for the others ?" Flame asked, almost slipping for the billionth time.

Descant, who had already made it a few paces up the street, turns around and said, in response to Flame, "I certainly wouldn't mind a helping hoof, considering I don't actually know most anypony we're looking for. I suppose I'd get a few wierd looks if I just walked up to somepony and asked if they were from another world, eh?" He chuckled, then glanced at the sun, which was lazily inching towards the horizon. "It is getting a bit late though. At this point, they'll probably be looking for us, or trying to find somewhere else to rest."

Edited by Descant

"Alrighty." Flame said, trotting next too Descant. "Be back later." He said, waving at the few ponies standing at Descants front door.

"Also, I agree She probably would be at the library... she wanted to talk to... that pony about something."

(OOC: Could someone just fill me in on who is at Descants house and who is wondering around town... I got kinda lost :unsure: )

"Make yourselves at home! But please try not to touch anything overly suspicious! Rag and Tag try to hide things from me sometimes!"

In a somewhat quieter voice, Descant reassures Flame as they start at a steady trot down the road. "Don't worry about your friends. I've dedicated the better part of a week purging the house of some of the Twins' more ... Ah... interesting belongings. They won't miss anything when they get back, though. I'm pretty sure I found everything of theirs, but who knows? I might have missed something." The tone of Descant's voice, however, made it clear he was pretty sure he hadn't missed scouring the house of any of the Twins' prank objects that were even remotely dangerous.

"Lets just hope your right... I dont want them breaking any of your things." He said, as they trotted into ponyville and the library came into sight.

Then they walked by a small shop that sell's books, scrolls, ink and quills Flame saw, June looking around inside. "There she is." He said, pointing into the shop.

(OOC: actually twilight did say she was going to buy more scrolls. so just read what she said)

June Heard the light trotting of hooves, because it was really quiet in the shop. she saw flame and descant she waved at them as she walked over "Hey guys. what we doing about the house issue?"

Arcane knocked on the door of the library and waited, he wondered how the magic was used, as in what did it feel like to control it, and how is it powered? He waited for a little longer and then decided that she wasn't home, he didn't hear any hoofsteps or sounds from inside, so he thought he would try and teach himself for a little while until she got back from whatever she might be doing. He tried to force something out in the direction of his horn, but nothing. He tried to be calm and think of things happening, nothing. He wondered if they even controlled it at all, and it was at random.

"Oh, don't worry about housing, June." Descant shifts slightly uncomfortably. "Everyone is going to be staying at my house. It might be a bit of a squeeze, but it's better than nothing. We're actually here to find as many members of your original group as we can. Its' getting kinda late."

As he beckons for her to follow, Descant adds, "How'd it go with Twilight Sparkle?

"Oh, hello" said Twilight as she arrived to the library, a baby dragon carrying several scrolls ran up to her side. "Where you waiting for me? Sorry, I was a bit busy" she said opening the door, and levitating the scrolls out of Spike's claws. "Anything I can help you with?" She asked smiling at the pony.

"I guess it will be best if ya'll stay with him, ya'll are welcomed at my house as soon as ya'll get your wings going" Sugar Rush offered, as her wings fluttered at the last words.

(OOC: IM SO CONFUSED!)

Derek decided to look for the confiest floor in descant's house to sleep on. After a while he decide to look in the twins room, no harm in looking right? He looked around, Most things looked safe, and after a brief look UNDER the bed for explosives, he came with the thought that he would rest on this floor.

Edited by darklord260

(OOC, Darklord, wouldn't Twilight be talking to Arcane, who's at the library? I thought we were at the scroll shop, not the library...)

Descant looks uncertainly at the others. "How many more of you were there? Well, no point dawdling. We should keep looking, shouldn't we?"

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

(OOC: You gotta post. I ain't letting this RP die so soon. And Darklord, Twilight is at the library talking to Arcane. She's not at the scroll shop ;) )

"Yea... we were just on our way to the Library... I think its just you and Arcane... Anyhow. Descant has been kind enough to let us stay at his house until we can find our own place to stay... and once the few of us who have wings figure out how to fly, we are going to move to Sugar Rush's house." He said, smiling at June.

(OOC: Why don't we actually use the OOC thread for these OOC comments, and to keep straight - Who's where?)

Descant stifled a yawn. "It really is starting to get late. Who's this Arcane, what he like? I'm pretty surprised... His name sounds relatively normal. Speaking of which... I don't think you were in on this conversation, June, but it was generally agreed upon that everyone should come up with less... ah... foreign-sounding names."

Edited by Descant