Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies made the Stern Show best of the year list!

BaBaBrony

That's awesome! Not really sure of who Howard Stern is. Even though with all these victories, we should never forget our own ideas and love for the show itself. People tend to get carried away with fame.

Edit: Based on red's comment, i don't know if i should be congratulating now O_o

Edited by Concord
  • Brohoof 2

um....dude.....Howard Stern is the reason that people view us Bronies as a bunch of horse humpers (really a different word that starts with an F)

Does anyone worth worrying about even take him seriously anymore? He's on the brink of failing into obscurity from what I've seen.  

Does anyone worth worrying about even take him seriously anymore? He's on the brink of failing into obscurity from what I've seen.  

And are we? No, we are not. Our fandom is thriving and growing bigger all the time. Even if they canceled the show, we'd still hang around. I heard about ponies before Howard Stern.

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone worth worrying about even take him seriously anymore? He's on the brink of failing into obscurity from what I've seen.

20 million some-odd Sirius XM subscribers would disagree there. And every celebrity who swears by the man. And the network execs who moved America's Got Talent to the east coast so he would be a judge.

Its very unbrony to build yourself up by tearing others down :(

As to not start a flame war, I'll leave this topic now. However, before I go, I must point out that he insulted us, and we really haven't teared anybody else down at all. Thank you. *bows and exits stage left*

• Brohoof 2

Its very unbrony to build yourself up by tearing others down :(

I'm not going to fight with you, I'm just to say I see no reason to respect someone who builds themselves up by grinding people that don't deserve it under their heels, and leave it at that. 

• Brohoof 1

Wasn't Stern show the place where they kept going about how bronies are manbabies living in cellars, gay, never getting laid, never getting employed, etc and then randomly ridiculing people on cons?

How is that awesome?

• Brohoof 7

That's a bit melodramatic. Who is being ground under a heel? Tara Strong thought it was funny. I don't understand why bronies can't take it on the chin & laugh at themselves.

Isn't he the one who said that bronies are people who are sexually attracted to ponies? What a stupid ignorant definition for bronies.

Actually the distinction was made between bronies and cloppers. Howard and co were pretty fair and even-handed during the segment.

That's a bit melodramatic. Who is being ground under a heel? Tara Strong thought it was funny. I don't understand why bronies can't take it on the chin & laugh at themselves.

No, No she didn't, she wanted to tear him a new one from what I saw.

You're also forgetting he publicly ridiculed someone for suffering from depression. There's a difference between "Take That" humor, and pure, hateful bile. 

I have no problem with caustic humor, I watch Spoony and read Cracked for Celestia's sake, but he just crosses so many lines it's isn't funny. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

No, No she didn't, she wanted to tear him a new one from what I saw.

Your also forgetting he publicly ridiculed someone for suffering from depression. There's a difference between "Take That" humor, and pure, hateful bile.

I met her at AFO this year and asked her about it. She was pissed at first, but ultimately realized that it was a joke and moved on.

I remember the depressed brony, but they laughed at him because he forgot how old he was, not because he was depressed.

I met her at AFO this year and asked her about it. She was pissed at first, but ultimately realized that it was a joke and moved on.

That doesn't me she was happy about it. She just decided he wasn't worth messing with like most of us did.

I remember the depressed brony, but they laughed at him because he forgot how old he was, not because he was depressed.

They laughed at him about that too, and I think that may have been a different guy that forgot his age.

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

Actually the distinction was made between bronies and cloppers. Howard and co were pretty fair and even-handed during the segment.

The whole show is based on ridiculing people without really knowing anything about them. It's like Fox news, except for he's less serious and has a great voice.

I didn't really like him too much before, but after that report I actually know why. I also have to admit I thought you were trolling. Guess not.

• Brohoof 2

No, no he didn't it, he described bronies as "grown men who are sexually attracted to My Little Ponies". I know because I had a long talk about the segment with one of my friends on DA after I watched, so I remember it clearly. 

From my understanding of things, I'd assume this to not be something to be happy about.  He kind of insulted our community.   He described bronies as cloppers, with the cloppers being the majority in the fanbase. 

• Brohoof 1

The whole show is based on ridiculing people without really knowing anything about them. It's like Fox news, except for he's less serious and has a great voice.

I didn't really like him too much before, but after that report I actually know why. I also have to admit I thought you were trolling. Guess not.

That's def part of the show, I won't deny it. But he ridicules himself just as much.

I wouldn't compare Howard to Fox News. Howard doesn't constantly, actively try to convince you that lies are the truth.

No, no he didn't it, he described bronies as "grown men who are sexually attracted to My Little Ponies". I know because I had a long talk about the segment with one of my friends on DA after I watched, so I remember it clearly.

They started there and then corrected themselves and admitted that it's not as bad as all that. Plus everyone who was interviewed explained that brony doesn't always equal clopper.

I don't think he does that part intentionally, I think he's just so much of a shameless hypocrite it tends to happen on it's own....

Bud, I have been listening to the Stern Show for 19 years. Howard has always been self-deprecating. It's part of what makes the show unique and interesting.

They started there and then corrected themselves and admitted that it's not as bad as all that. Plus everyone who was interviewed explained that brony doesn't always equal clopper.

I watched the whole thing, he never once corrected himself, he even ignored the clips that disproved his point and tryed to draw attention away from them by making fun of other part of them. 

That's def part of the show, I won't deny it. But he ridicules himself just as much.

I wouldn't compare Howard to Fox News. Howard doesn't constantly, actively try to convince you that lies are the truth.

Ok, I give you that. Noone, nowhere, under no circumstances should be compared to Fox news. But he still humiliates people without knowing much about them or caring to do somewhat objective report.

Doesn't change the fact that thanks to him, we have another thousands of people (who aren't from 4chan) who think bronies are bloody stupid and perverted group of suspicious people. Whether I really care is irrelevant, but tough luck if you actually care and someone around you listens to that show.

• Brohoof 1

Bud, I have been listening to the Stern Show for 19 years. Howard has always been self-deprecating. It's part of what makes the show unique and interesting.

I can think of several people that do that type of humor far better and funnier, starting with everyone on That Guy With the Glasses.