Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies made the Stern Show best of the year list!

BaBaBrony

In case you guys didn't hear. This is yet another example how truly awesome bronies are, how awesome ponies are, and how awesome Howard Stern is!I

clicked the thread and went in read the first post and didn't understand a thing about it so, i kinda have no idea what you guys are talking about.

clicked the thread and went in read the first post and didn't understand a thing about it so, i kinda have no idea what you guys are talking about.

This one of those times where you really don't want know, I wish I didn't myself to be honest about the whole mess where discussing. 

I can think of several people that do that type of humor far better and funnier, starting with everyone on That Guy With the Glasses.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. All I'll say to that end is I don't see 20,000,000 people lining up to pay for their content.

clicked the thread and went in read the first post and didn't understand a thing about it so, i kinda have no idea what you guys are talking about.

In a nutshell, Howard Stern sent a minion to Bronycon to interview attendees. They then proceeded to make fun of them on the show for being obsessive nerds. I thought it was hilarious, but a lot of people disagree.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. All I'll say to that end is I don't see 20,000,000 people lining up to pay for their content.

The main website gets 130K DAILY visits, The site is so successful a Major fiance magazine interviewed Doug Walker about the site's success, and that's not even bringing in everyone's individual fan-base.

Some of them have had ait-time on major shows too, a couple even their own show on a tech channel at one point. 

Edited by Shoboni

The main website gets 130K DAILY visits, The site is so successful a Major fiance magazine interviewed Doug Walker about the site's success, and that's not even bringing in everyone's individual fan-base.

Some of them have had ait-time on major shows too, a couple even their own show on a tech channel at one point.

True, they've had their success. I'm a fan of Doug as well, but would they still get all those views if people had to pay $10-12 a month to access their content?

True, they've had their success. I'm a fan of Doug as well, but would they still get all those views if people had to pay $10-12 a month to access their content?

I reckon so, they already have a premium content section and they sell DVDs every so often on top of that, but it's more important to bring people enjoyment then to make money. 

um....dude.....Howard Stern is the reason that people view us Bronies as a bunch of horse humpers (really a different word that starts with an F)

I'm not sure if my information is correct, but apparently, the whole thing was a joke, which in my opinion, I actually found hilarious, especially the people who took it seriously, and got in a real mood about it.

No offence, but people getting extremely butthurt (do people still use that?) about something really makes me laugh.

"Bronies are guys who are into MLP, in the sense they are turned on by ponies."

"You know how Comiccon is for losers? Those are winners compared to bronies"

"Just the term is disturbing."  (brony)

"They live with their parents, all of them." (bronies)

That's just 3 minutes I've listened to again.

Don't you tell me he's fair and not out to misinform listeners and humiliate random people.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if my information is correct, but apparently, the whole thing was a joke, which in my opinion, I actually found hilarious, especially the people who took it seriously, and got in a real mood about it.

No offence, but people getting extremely butthurt (do people still use that?) about something really makes me laugh.

I personally ignore it, I was just stating my opinions because the issue came up and I had something to say about the whole thing. 

I personally ignore it, I was just stating my opinions because the issue came up and I had something to say about the whole thing. 

Which is absolutely fine. Giving your opinion when asked for it is a good thing. I wasn't directing anything at you, and I would never try to destroy your opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Which is absolutely fine. Giving your opinion when asked for it is a good thing. I wasn't directing anything at you, and I would never try to destroy your opinion.

Don't take it personally if I came off like I was accusing you of anything, I've had long day so I might be biting more then I should.  

• Brohoof 1

Quick question. Is there a link to a website or something that talks about this supposed best of the year list? Is it on Howard's website? I'm curious as to what this list consists of.

It's just highlights of the show over the year. www.howardstern.com prob has more info. If you want to hear the thing we're discussing, search YouTube for Howard Stern, bronies.

It's just highlights of the show over the year. www.howardstern.com prob has more info. If you want to hear the thing we're discussing, search YouTube for Howard Stern, bronies.

I've seen the two videos where he talked about Bronies back in July. I also looked on his website for this recent highlight reel your talking about but I found nothing. Did this show best of the year highlight anything new that wasn't mentioned in the previous videos?

"Bronies are guys who are into MLP, in the sense they are turned on by ponies."

"You know how Comiccon is for losers? Those are winners compared to bronies"

"Just the term is disturbing." (brony)

"They live with their parents, all of them." (bronies)

That's just 3 minutes I've listened to again.

Don't you tell me he's fair and not out to misinform listeners and humiliate random people.

My favorite part was when they said bronies are the real reason terrorists in the middle east hate us and want to blow us up.

I was going to come in here and say,

"Who even cares about Howard Stern?", but I have been proven wrong.

Why do you guys care so much about what others think? It's quite idiotic to talk about people as such.

Be yourself, and worry about yourself. Not what some radio host is saying.

• Brohoof 2

I was going to come in here and say,

"Who even cares about Howard Stern?", but I have been proven wrong.

Why do you guys care so much about what others think? It's quite idiotic to talk about people as such.

Be yourself, and worry about yourself. Not what some radio host is saying.

I don't know about anyone else, but you've seen my 'debating" side already, one of my flaws is not being able to keep my mouth shut. 

I've seen the two videos where he talked about Bronies back in July. I also looked on his website for this recent highlight reel your talking about but I found nothing. Did this show best of the year highlight anything new that wasn't mentioned in the previous videos?

It was really just those two videos. Bronies were mentioned in passing a couple of other times, but only in passing. The rest of it is just celebrity interviews, back office squabbles, Howard yelling at Gary, etc.

My favorite part was when they said bronies are the real reason terrorists in the middle east hate us and want to blow us up.

When I say "Republicans want turn US into theocracy and eventually provoke war in middle east to fulfill Bible prophecy" I might be joking or I might not be, either way if I'm in a position of influence, you will find out many less fortunate people take it as a fact.

When I say "Republicans are controlled by little aliens living in their heads" everyone will understand it's a joke.

This is kind of similar.

• Brohoof 1

This is BAD news guys.

I encourage you to all watch Stern's program on Bronies. It's the single most anti-Brony publication I've ever seen. Stern basically said that we're all cloppers, but he even went beyond that in demonization.

People liked his lies so much that they voted the story best of the year. That isn't a good thing...

• Brohoof 4

This is BAD news guys.

I encourage you to all watch Stern's program on Bronies. It's the single most anti-Brony publication I've ever seen. Stern basically said that we're all cloppers, but he even went beyond that in demonization.

People liked his lies so much that they voted the story best of the year. That isn't a good thing...

I think the highlights were chosen by the staff, not the listeners. But I could be wrong.

Wow, nobody found his funny at all. How much brony bullying is there anyway?

Wha.. What? My head is full of question marks right now.

Isn't he the guy who gave bronies a bunch of shit and said we're homos attracted to horsebutt or something? :unsure:

• Brohoof 3

Isn't Howard Stern the guy that pissed all over the fandom.

That's not necessarily something to be proud of, but whatever, it'd best be ignored

• Brohoof 2

I think the highlights were chosen by the staff, not the listeners. But I could be wrong.

Wow, nobody found his funny at all. How much brony bullying is there anyway?

We didn't find him funny, because he's not funny. He just made every disgusting accusation he could and hoped something would stick,  Crude humor is only funny if you know how to use it properly and time it right. 

When I watch someone like Spoony, I laugh along because I can tell there's no real hate towards anyone behind it, Stern just makes me feel uneasy the whole time. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say Howard Stern made bronies look bad. Because let's be honest, we did that ourselves on that interview. He's a shock jock what do you expect? He's not gonna sugarcoat that stuff if it get's him more listeners.

• Brohoof 1