Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

Well I became interested to continue watch the show after episode two, and I guess I felt like a brony at uhm..about episode 5 or 6 maybe? :)

Probably the third episode of season one. Chaotic Discord had been coming to watch like an episode a night with me, and he couldn't make it that night but I found myself too excited to wait for him the next day, so I just continued to watch them. Needless to say I was through all the episodes available before the next day. So yea.

When I was first trying the show out, I was told that I should watch the first four episodes before passing judgement. I did, and then went on to watch episode five without thinking about it at first. I realized what I did shortly after it started, but I decided that I liked it and kept watching episodes after that.

Believe it or not it was "The Last Roundup". Not many people like that episode (I honestly don't see why other then Derpy), but it was enough for me to come over. I remember watching it, and laughing at the thought that I actually like this.

Retrospect will alter things, with the movie Waltz with Bashir touching upon this. This is what I remember best:

I got officially hooked on the show once Pinkie Pie started singing "She's an evil ENCHANTRESS, she does evil DANCES!..." but I would have to say that with the final scene of the season 1 finale where they're all at the Canterlot Denny's-equivalent I felt I was kind of there with them and looked back on all of their adventures I had so much fun watching. It was THEN that I became a BRONY.

Edited by Party Cannon

So, I started watching at "Sonic Rainboom" just because that was the first episode coming on when I decided to watch it. And I did like it, mostly, that beginning scene.

"Yay."

That got me to watch the show, at that point, I thought that it was something worth watching.

So I went on with episodes coming on after that one until I got to "Green isn't Your Colour"

And at that point, wow, I love this show, and I'm going to love it forever, good goat this is awesome! :D

That still remains one of my favorites. Wow I love that one.

Me and a friend were bored 1 day so we decided to have a laugh and watch the first episode to make fun of it (which we did). However, during it, something in my head kept nudging me. I ignored it and over the weeks that followed, my mind would go back to it and mainly to the introduction of squeeky Fluttershy.

A month or so later I decided to rewatch the first ep to see if I could actually get into it when my full attention was on it. I then watched part 2 to complete the story. Thought Luna was adorable. At this point I just wanted to see more adorable Fluttershy + Luna(never showed up for a while :( ) so kept watching the episodes.

It was then a few minutes into Winter Wrap Up that I went all to jelly inside. I had thought that songs were going to be silly little things confined to Pinkie. I realized how much had gone into the show and how amazing it actually was. I was fully hooked.

• Brohoof 1

Season 2, 2-part begging episodes. I was curious as to what the ponies personalities were, and lol'd at Fluttershy counter - trolling discord. Also, it was the first episode I ever saw of MLP, but I wasn't officially a brony until like 2 weeks later after weighing my options in my head, like the pros and cons of being one.

It wasn't an episode for me, it was actually a song.

Same. These two were some of the first I ever came across on YoutTube. I had already seen a couple episodes of the show, but something about the link between the community and its real-life connection to the characters in the show made it click for me.

When i say "that episode" you're probably wondering what i mean, simple what was the episode that made you realize you were a brony and now actually loved the show?

This is different from your favorite episode, this is basically your "first" favorite episode in terms of when you watched it you immediately thought it was the best one you'd seen up to that point, and now actually considered yourself a brony. Consider it your "Welcome to the herd" episode. Was it one of the character driven episodes like Dragonshy or Rainboom, that defined your favorite character, or maybe you were a full out brony after watching episode 1/2.

-For me, when i first started watching i watched carefully. It was good, in fact great. But i was waiting to see if any episode would WOW me, and decide my favorite pony of the 6.

Defiantly Suited For Success was "that episode" for me, oh dear god i couldn't get enough Rarity and My little Pony after that. it was the first time i fell in love with a character. and i guess she stayed my favorite as well (unless my username is lying). and although my favorite episode is now May The Best Pet Win. Suited will remain the episode that OFFICIALLY turned me brony, and as we all know once you go brony you don't go back.

Feeling Pinkie Keen and Griffon The Brush Off are the ones I can pin point.

But those are just the top the rest did a damned good job of cementing it in.

Well, the one episode that made become a brony was season 1, episode 2.

Yeah, pretty original. But right when I started watching the very first episode, I was like 'Ok, this is pretty good. Maybe it'll get better'. By the second episode, I was having so much goosebumps that I became awed of the show. I mean, I even chuckled at some of the jokes! That in itself proved I was a brony. ALL the episodes were great, but it honestly didn't take me very long to get into the show.

Definitely either Ticket Master or Applebuck Season. The first 2 parts of "Friendship is Magic" were good, but the episodes afterwords got me hooked. After watching those 2 episodes, I got hooked. I literally watched like the first 12 episodes in one night. :lol:

Well I remember seeing most of Party of One with my two year old niece, and I remember thinking, "Wow, this show is somewhat bearable for a little girl show" but I didn't become a brony until I saw Lesson Zero on youtube.

This, minus the seizure hazard.

I started with the two-part pilot, but that didn't interest me. A few months later, I happened upon the Grand Gala episode (Best Night Ever). That episode seized me, bound me, and assimilated me into the fandom. There was this charm and addictive quality that I just couldn't fight. I tried to resist, honestly. And I had tried to resist for months before.

But I learned that resistance was futile. I was a brony, and I continue to be a brony to this very day.

You have the same avatar as me, so for a moment, I read your post I was thinking Wait, when did I ever write this? It sounds familiar, but did I write this?

:lol: Whoops!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about you guys, but I started watching the show around the time when the season 2 premier started. I liked it, but didn't really call myself a brony. It wasn't until I walked into Target and subconsciously bought a Rainbow Dash toy that I considered myself a brony finally. It also took me awhile to get accustomed to it, because outside of ponies I honestly still feel in many ways weird around little girly things without being with somebody who's a female, but I've finally come to terms with that and am working on this actually kind of pointless stigma altogether.

Now, as far as the community goes: my story's kind of funny. Ya see, up until around January last year I had this horrendous belief that any and all fan made things were garbage and any fan communities deserved to be crucified. Now, New Year's Eve came around, and right before I was about to leave to some party I get word that something horrible happened and that it's canceled so I was stuck downstairs, in the basement that I inhabit, in the dark, on my computer in a skype chat with other losers who had nothing to do.

So, eventually this one hardcore brony/clopper guy sends me My Little Dashie and tells me to read it. I laughed so hard at the idea, and laughed even harder at the fact that apparently he cried to the point where he actually got pretty pissed off and looking back I don't really blame him. I started reading and did nothing but nitpick at how predictable it is, how cliché it is, yadda yadda fadda blah blah blah (that one part about the Hub itself was just ridiculous for instance) but near the end I actually started paying attention.

I'm not gonna spoiler it assuming that there's anybody reading this that hasn't read MLD yet, but the climax of the story actually got interesting. I actually shut my mouth for a minute and said something along the lines of "dude shut the hell up I'm actually interested now" and even though I couldn't physically see him I could already feel that he was expecting a major response from me. I got to the ending, which by the way looking back is the biggest BS I've ever seen, and I shed a tear. At that very moment, at that very damned moment where I knew that I was crying over a My Little Pony fanfic which was of all damned things a fanfic of a little girl show just made me snap for a bit.

I remember specifically throwing my headset against the wall, and then proceeding to pace back and forth in my room, pulling my hair like a mad man in the process, and continually yelling something like "what the hell is wrong with me!?" I had a giant stick up my rear end regarding fanwork in general, and having me actually have a response to a fanfic just didn't click. Sooner or later I started cowering in the corner and shivering like a crazy person from any cartoon you can name. I think I heard the person who showed me the fanfic screaming through my headset "Babs! Are you okay!?" and I settled down and went back to my headset.

Ever since then, I have actually accepting of fan works in general and eventually that led to me posting fan works on a certain forum that I'm not going to name and then led to me joining this forum, so hey. As bad as this sounds, the brony community in general has helped me learn to accept more things than I have before, and I'm actually down with this fact.

Edited by Lord Bababa

I was more or less hooked from the first episode onward. I would however consider "Griffon the Brush-Off" the first episode that made me realize how rich the entire MLP universe was. Until then, Pinkie Pie had mostly been the over-the-top, hyperactive member of the Mane Six whose role boiled down to being random. In "Griffon" it became clear there was more going on with her character than initially met the eye. As time has passed, the subtext of the episode---whether intended or not---is such that an honest viewer would have to acknowledge MLP was more than just another kid's show.

But I pretty much wanted more MLP once Night Mare Moon had been defeated. I consider it a very organic and gradual process; there was no one moment wherein I found myself saying, "Oh yes. Now I'm a brony."

To me it was The Best Night Ever. After seeing ponies all over the internet, I decided to watch the show and randomly I found the last episode of Season 1. Needless to say, It was just amazing and made me watch the whole season. After the second episode I was already loving the series!

Edited by Chrysalis Swarm

I was sold before even watching any of the episodes.

At that time all I had seen was this clip from season 2:

But I never paid it any head. Later on, around this time last year I accidentally found myself reading some fanfic and then realised that it was related to MLP a few chapters in. And the rest is history.

Of course it was Dragonshy. What an episode. It had laughs and action and Flutters and bada-boom, all of a sudden I couldn't get enough. It's still my favorite episode and the reason why Fluttershy is my favorite of the mane six.