Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

I'm not sure... Two or three. Everyone else see,a to have watched the episodes in order, but me, nah, I started with Fall Weather Friends and I watched them really randomly. I try to watch them in order but then one pops up which I'd much rather watch.

It took me about 6 episode or so, I first started by watching the Return of Harmony two parter due to my curiosity about him in particular and immediately fell in love with Discord. I then started watching the episode in order from season 1 and though I had several moments of "I can't believe I am watching this." I quickly knew that I loved a show about cartoon ponies, I continued to watch and though I still had the occasional "I can't believe I am watching this" moments those eventually passed and I was hooked.

• Brohoof 1

I actually first got my experience with MLP by watching youtube poops which were related to the show. I liked the animation and characters, so I decided to try and watch a few episodes. 

The first episode I started with was Read it and Weep for the reason that I remember that episode being used in one of the youtube poops that I watched, and also because I liked the character of Rainbow Dash. I found the episode to be surprisingly entertaining, so with that I decided to watch the first few episodes of Season 1.

And with that, I have watched them all, and here I am happy.png

I watched episode one, two, and three, and then thought, "What am I doing? This is for little girls." So I went to bed. But as the days went by, I was slowly drawn to watch more. There's my story, folks.

It technically only took me one episode to actually become a brony since I liked it that much, however, I had to finish episode two. So I watched some more, but those two really did it and set it in stone.

I define being a Brony, for me at least, as doing more than just watching the show. My daughter, and son, have liked the show for about a year, so I was already aware of it. What pushed me over edge was my daughter listening to the music from MMC over and over. I began doing the same and finally watched both season 1 and 2 back to back over two days. I was hooked.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

It took me 10 whole episodeds to lie this show

10!!!

Then again after the 3rd episode I considered the show alright. I thought it was alright, but still didn't see the reason for the fandom.

So I watched more until episode 10. By then I got it. I figured it out.

So ya 10 episodeds for me to love this show.

For me, it was Applebuck Season. I knew I liked the show before I started watching (mostly because of the FOREEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEER meme) and the first three episodes were... nice, but it was the fourth when I really started enjoying it.

• Brohoof 1

The first episode got me interested and curious to see what would happen next.

The second episode made me think "Hey, this is actually pretty good, I think I'll watch one more"

The third episode is what made me a brony.

I actually enjoyed the first episode a lot, and I considered myself a fan of the show once I had finished it, although it didn't become my favorite show until around episode seven.

• Brohoof 1

I watched the first 4 episodes and thought it was ok and even good at some points, like Applebuck Season, so I watched a few more hoping it would continue to get better. I hit Winter Wrap-up, and I was instantly bronified. 

Well after the 2nd episode I knew that I just had to watch the rest. So I guess then was the moment when I realized I liked the show.

Though I didn't consider myself a brony until like.. I don't know. 

Ok, forgive me if I'm going on a bit of a tangent just to explain some back story:

One of my friends that I met a while ago was the person who got me into the show;

At the time I met him, I never even knew about the MLP fandom.

I absolutely refused to think I would such a show.  But I watched it, determined not to like it.

But as I watched the first episode, I was eager to see the second one.

After I saw the second episode, I was in complete confusion, and denial.

But I eventually excepted it.

Sorry about the big introduction to just say it took me 2 episodes.

I guess you could say I became a Brony after the frist episode *even though it caught my attention before I watched the first ep :X*

But it was only recently that I embraced me actually being a Brony, and this is maybe after a year of watching the show. And let me tell you, admitting and acknowledging being part of this group made me feel happy for an unkown reason. And all I have to thank is YouTube for constantly putting KYM:MLP in my recommendations :P

Around Apple Buck Season, I had started to enjoy the show, and at Winter Wrap-up (which is still one of my favorites to this day), I had gotten completely addicted. But I didn't actually start using the "B" word until after I had finished every available episode at the time (up to A Friend in Deed).

It only took me one episode to get me hooked. I started by watching super small clips of the show, then I gradually grew and watched my first episode, which was Sonic Rainboom. It was the most awesome thing I've ever seen and I was immediately hooked. 

• Brohoof 1

I personally never had a problem with bronies even before I joined the herd, and I enjoyed some of the early pony memes before deciding to see the show itself. The first two episodes caught my attention, but it wasn't until the forth that I could say I liked the show.

Before I actually sat through an entire MLP:FiM episode, I only saw clips and fan videos on Youtube. And the thing that stood out was the sonic rainboom. With the encouragement of someone who was already a fan of the show, I watched Friendship is Magic parts 1 and 2. I thought it was a decent introduction to the cartoon and that it wasn't a bad cartoon either. Then that weekend Mysterious Mare Do Well first aired. I was thrilled because it centered on Rainbow Dash. I liked it but that didn't put me over the top either. It wasn't until I watched my fourth episode, Sonic Boom on Youtube, that finally did it for me. It lived up to all my expectations and knowing what was going to happen didn't spoil it for me at all. I've been a huge Rainbow Dash and MLP:FiM fan ever since. :)

• Brohoof 1

It took me about 5 episodes until I got hooked onto the show. I was pretty hesitant because my family would make fun of me for watching MLP. I watched all the episodes in random order and as soon as I got to Winter Wrap Up I got totally obsessed. I can never spend one day without thinking about ponies.

Zero. Yes, you heard right. I learned about the fandom and read about bronies and the show before I decided to watch it. After I saw how bronies loved the show and why, I already knew I was going to like it even before I watched my first episode. I knew I was the kind of person who likes this stuff.

Looks like you and I are the only ones so far.  I discovered it during the summer of 2011 (between season 1 and 2).  During that time, episodes were sometimes hard to find because YouTube would periodically pull all of them.  Still, I loved it -- the show's goofyness, the borderline trolltastic community, the clever memes and other fantastic creations -- all of it before even digging into the episodes themselves.  In those early days, there were a couple of things that lit off a spark that pushed my appreciation of the show and its community to another level entirely.  

One in particular still stands out in my mind: one of the very earliest submissions to My Little Brony.  The way that it captures Dash's insecurities (in a relateable, real-world kind of way) made me realize that the characters were something very special.

ParanoidPenguinDash_zps0b4abfeb.jpg

To this day it still kind of makes me tear up.  Original link.

• Brohoof 1

The first time i heard about bronies from my friend. I thought it odd and felt a creeped out. Then I actually watched the first episode. A week later I had finished both the first and second series and was eagerly awaiting season 3. Taught me that i should never judge something before i look into it! Now I'm a full brony and can't get enough of the show.