Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

Season 1, Episode 16: Sonic Rainboom.

This episode, after watching the entire season in order from the beginning, instantly made me a brony. I was skeptical at first, watching all these episodes. But after watching this, I couldn't stop.

Oh, you asked for it. Full-blown story time, right here, sit down and listen up.

Alright, here goes:

I hadn't known My Little Pony was such a big deal on the internet until about late January this year. I can't remember what it was I was looking up, probably something to do with anime (that was what I was all hyped up about from May 2011 to the end of January this year...and actually, I still like it, I just haven't watched it nearly as much since getting into MLP.)

Anyways, anime=animation, and YouTube, with its clever cookies watching our every move, put two and two together, and a link to what I think was Rainbow Dash going "AAAAW YEAH!" appeared in the Recommendations bar. I don't remember exactly, but, from foggy memory and basic knowledge, it was probably a kyrospawn video. And I'm not even sure if it was Rainbow Dash going "AAAAW YEAH!", but I think it was, IT WAS A CLIP OF SOME PONY SAYING SOMETHING OKAY.

So I click it, it's 3-4 seconds, nothing too impressive, but what is surprising...is the number of related videos that spring up in the Recommendations bar. They were all clearly My Little Pony, they were all clearly from the same show, and I'm just like "...WHY are there so many goddamn videos related to My Little Pony?" I go from one video to the next, on a YouTube clicking spree (you know what I mean--where you're just watching whatever with no particular video in mind). 'Twilight Sparkle - HELP, YOU NEED HELP!', 'Applejack - Well, okay then'.

At first I thought it was just little girls, moms or ladies who played with My Little Pony when they were younger who uploaded and watched these videos. I scanned the comments quickly. Pretty enthusiastic for just girls and ladies. I thought, "This might actually have a fandom to it." (It was in late 2010 that I discovered fandoms and fanfiction and became a true member of the Internet.)

I come across a video entitled 'Rainbow Dash: SHUT UP' and that's when I go, "Okay, obviously people who know this show is meant for little girls are watching it and making parodies of it."

Meant for little girls... Heh-heh...

I pull up a tab and search Google with the phrase 'why is my little pony so popular all of a sudden'. And what's one of the the first words I see?

Brony.

Didn't take me five seconds to figure out what two words that term combined. Needless to say, I was kind of surprised. "My Little Pony? Really? Those clips I'm watching? Come from a show that's considered ENTERTAINING? What?! ...Well, I've seen stranger."

So I soon come across this video:

And...and it's the funniest thing I'd seen in a while. I was seriously cracking up.

It was over the next few days that I started actually seeing My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic-related images and macros coming up in unrelated Google Images searches, and as avatars for forum members. So, on a Friday, when two of my friends came to my house for Xbox gaming and a sleepover, I showed that censor bleeps video and its part 2 sequel to them on the older friend's laptop. It's stupidly funny to us all. I tell them that apparently it's a current internet craze. and that there are guys like us and older who watch the show called 'bronies'.

The older friend gets on his laptop and starts looking for an answer to this madness. As he is doing so, he starts noticing all these pony avatars in the random forums he is perusing: "Oh my God, Robby, there's another one!" I lean over, "What, seriously?" It's funny, but we don't think too much of it. The sleepover lasts well into 4:00 AM before we decide to hit the hay. They leave the next morning, and the weekend is pretty uneventful.

And then, the following school week. One morning, I wake up really early, take a shower, and decide to sit down and watch TV before eating breakfast. As I scroll through the channels, I see it.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Right there, only on the Hub.

I remember that day, coming home on 10/10/10. Wasn't anything special; in fact, I remember having to go sit down and do homework instantly. I didn't even know that's when the Hub broadcasted. All I knew, was that it was a channel meant for little kids.

I think...I think, after what hype I had seen over the show, I actually wanted to see it for myself. Just so I could know. The episode starts, the characters are quirky, funny, and not overbearing, all is well. Then suddenly the opening sequence starts up:

"My Little Pony, My Little Pony, Ah-ah-ah-ah..."

And I barely had time to think "Oh God what am I about to-" before I was snagged by the clutches of awesome. Maybe awesome isn't the right word, but, well, you remember that feeling? That feeling you got when you realized "I am here, watching My Little Pony, and somehow I am doing it on purpose, and it's not that bad"? Yeah, that feeling.

So, as far as what episode it was?

Lesson Zero. I will NEVER forget sitting there, in the dark, 5:30 AM, rest of the family is sleeping, and I am just sitting on an electronic recliner chair in a pair of shorts and T-shirt, staring as I watch this purple cartoon unicorn named Twilight Sparkle FLIP THE FUCK OUT. I was a little startled but grinning like a madman when it was over.

And I said, "Oh, God...I'm a brony."

And from that point on, you know how the story goes. Watched all the episodes on YouTube, looked at meme and macro over and over, committed the character names to memory, et cetera et cetera.

So, to make a long story short, Lesson Zero is what got me hooked, though to be honest I'm sure I would've wound up watching it regardless of what episode.

MOAR. PONIES.

post-5694-0-46371200-1353820860_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Hurricane Fluttershy it was the very first episode i watched, and the thing that drew me in was the quality of the animation. Not only that but the character development. I dislike one dimensional characters, or those who refuse to grow over the course of a story line .I got drawn in and took the 'bait' hook, line and sinker. After that there was no going back, I was officially hooked. lol! but i'm proud to be a pegasister!

Call it whatever you like, but it was definitely the second episode (I suppose third, depends how you look at it). I remember watching the first one and I was just thinking, "well...im not going to judge a show i've only seen one incomplete story of..."

Then I watched the second episode and I realised it's not the initial girly frilly foo foo crap I originally expected, and it's actually more of a serious tone to the franchise. (After watching G3...)

I would call myself a brony from the end of episode 2, but the individual episodes after that (from E3-E10) that focused more on the individual of one pony really showed me the personalities of each, and just made me love the show all the more.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to say, but I think that it took me until 'Feeling Pinkie Keen' to realize it. The reason that I had actually made it so far into the series was that I had decided to watch at least the entire first season for certain reasons. I found its sheer insanity to be absolutely hilarious ("What if she exploded... and then exploded again!" "Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!"). I'm sure that there's a lot of people who don't like this episode for that very reason, but it still remains one of my favorite episodes.

• Brohoof 1

It was the first episode I ever saw; episode 10 of season 1,

. I came across it by accident, and I was just going to look at it, because . . . well, I dunno, I just like to see stuff before I make a solid opinion about it. My first thoughts were along the lines of, "Tch, this is probably gonna suck. All girly and stuff. -Still thinking about the poor quality of gen. 3-" By the time the episode was done, I knew I loved the show. :D

I was skeptical at first, but one of my closest friends, Jesse, kept insisting that the show was awesome and that I needed to watch it. I had been listening to Brony music for a little while, and I was very impressed with it, but I hadn't seen the show yet. At one point I decided, what the heck, I'm going to do this. I went straight for Season 1 episode 1.

I started watching the episode, and I started to realize, "hey, I might like this."

However, I had to go do something or other, so I stopped watching after five or so minutes. A few weeks later, I had a strange urge to go back and finish the episode.

At that point, I instantly fell in love. I started watching several episodes a night on my computer before going to bed, and I blazed through seasons 1 and 2. Since then I've watched every single episode at least twice, and each season 3 one 2-3 times a piece; they're just that good.

What can I say, I love MLP. :wub:

• 4 months later...

I actually declared myself a Brony during the start of the second episode. It was when Pinkie sang "It was under eeee!~" in that cute tone that I decided I loved both her and MLP: FiM.

And despite a lot of people not liking them, I really enjoyed the first two episodes. The very first sequences showed that it wasn't an insultingly childish show (I remember being impressed by a young kids' cartoon using words like "imperative" and "precipice"), and the adventure in the Everfree Forest was great fun.

• Brohoof 1

3 exactly, I remember it vividly.  I watched one episode... "I can't judge it yet" watched another..."ah, I'll watch one more tomorrow to be sure"

Watched a 3rd one the next night "yep... I like it" Watched 5 more and went to bed.   Woke up "Crap, am I gay?" went through my day. "NOPE! but I love these ponies" ~~~~~continues to watch ponies.

I got talked into it by a friend. I went to Youtube, found the pilot, watched both parts. I was told that the first half of season 1 wasn't so good. 2 episodes later: SOLD!

Took about one but let me tell you why. I was looking for some music on youtube while I kept seeing something called a PMV with a very colorful thumbnail, I clicked on it and did not even know what the show was nor did I find anything girly about it for some reason, all I did was see it was a show about ponies and I saw that it was My Little Pony so I looked up the first episode and loved it.

(edited)

Took me awhile to start loving it. I was a little disappointed with the first two episodes, after all the hype i had heard about it. But I decided to continue watching and I found myself starting to enjoy it more and more each episode.

I only started to really love it after watching Sonic Rainboom, also found out Dashie is my favorite pony. :3

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

It took me 2 first episodes for me to start liking the show. Since I'm a fan of big stories I knew immediately there was one when the sixth Element of Harmony, Magic, appeared. And Season 3 confirmed the story and then ended it. Because of that I'm interested to see what kind of story are they going to create next... if any.

It didn't really take long for me to enjoy the show...I watched the first one, and I saw that it had a cliff-hanger...I had to watch the next one! After finishing that one I knew I was hooked...the way Twilight cared for her friends is amzing, and I learned that the show isn't as kiddy as it looks. :)

JUST ONE.

I watched... What was it?... Oh yes, the on where the CMC are journalists. (Sorry, I forgot the name and I usually just watch the episodes once.)

I liked the show, and watched another episode. I soon fell in love with it.

I loved the show straight off the bat, my friend linked me one of the songs from the show, which I really liked so I decided to check out the show and when the first episode ended I though to myself MUST WATCH MORE :P I was hooked :3

• Brohoof 1

The show for me, was really easy to like. Took me about 2-3 episodes, to fully like the show even though it interested me with the first 2 episodes. Pretty much, it takes some people a while to get into a show or enjoy it.