Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

I was pressured to watch at least four episodes, ended up watching half of season 1 in a night.

It only took me about 2 or 3 episodes before I considered myself a brony.

Episode One: Lol no

Episode Two: This is stupid.

Episode Three: ...huh. That wasn't so bad.

Episode Four: That was pretty funny

Episode Five: GRIFFONS?

Episode Six: ... BWHAHAHAHA. This is awesome.

I was sold on the first episode ( the two parter episode). The story hooked me and I was very surprised that I enjoyed it. The next thing I knew I was half way done withe the first season, it got me hooked. I now wath it on a regular basis :P

I was hooked after I watched my very first episode (Bridle Gossip). That episode is still one of my favorites, and Flutterguy always makes me chuckle.

About two. I remember first watching Sweet and Elite and being impressed, but not enough to tie me over. Then I watched Friendship is Magic - Part 1 and that's when I got curious enough to watch all the episodes to this point :P

Took three episodes to get me into the series.

I remember some friends linking me to the first episode way back in April 2011, and I thought it was entertaining but I didn't really like it; just seemed like another one of those cartoons that I would know about but would never really watch. It took an entire year before I looked at it again in 2012 due to a friend on DeviantArt telling me I should give it another chance, and so I did. I rewatched episode one and then watched episode two, and I still wasn't fully sold. I decided to go ahead and watch Applebuck Season, since my friend told me that was one of those episodes that gets a lot of people hooked, and, lo and behold, she was right; I freaking fell in love with the show after Applebuck Season and blew through Season One and Season Two in ten seconds flat in no time at all!

Of course, due to Applebuck Season being my first favorite, Applejack was my official favorite pony for a while, but eventually she became tied with Pinkie Pie with Rainbow Dash edging both of them out by a hair.

Regardless, that's my story, folks. Thanks for sharing all of yours as well.

• Brohoof 1

JUST ONE.

I watched... What was it?... Oh yes, the on where the CMC are journalists. (Sorry, I forgot the name and I usually just watch the episodes once.)

I liked the show, and watched another episode. I soon fell in love with it.

Ponyville Confidential is what you're talking about, which happens to be my least favorite episode to date. I actually hated nearly every pony in that episode.

If parts 1 and 2 of the season 1 premiere don't count as one whole episode, I'm guessing somewhere between 2 - 4. I might have even became a brony before I even started watching the show, but I don't remember very well.

It took 1 to get me into the series.  "The last Roundup"  was the one that started me on it.  Such a great episode.  The first thing I saw related to it was the death battle, Starscream vs Rainbow Dash. 

• Brohoof 1

It took 2 for me. I started with the season 1 two parter premier (I always start with season 1 when checking out a new show). I watched the first part, then tried not to watch the second part. But I was already being drawn in, even if I didn't know it. So I had to watch the second part to know what happened (took a few days to come around to it). It was in part two that I could already feel myself being drawn to Rainbow Dash, and when it was over, I knew I was going to like the show, so I accepted it and went on my merry way watching this "girls show". But unlike others, I didn't watch half, or a whole season in one night. I portioned the series out to make it last longer.

• Brohoof 1

After 6 episodes i realised i am in love with MLP. from the show on tv, to the community. :D

I even showed my friends MLP:FIN and they felt in LOVE with MLP from the same reasons XD.

After learning of the popularity of this show, which utterly confused me, I gave the show a chance.  I was not immediately a fan.  While the show was well done and had some funny moments it wasn't until Party of One that I truly realized I actually liked the show.  This being said there is nothing wrong with the rest of Season 1, it was just the culmination of Party of One that brought me fully into the fold.

Zero. Yes, you heard right. I learned about the fandom and read about bronies and the show before I decided to watch it. After I saw how bronies loved the show and why, I already knew I was going to like it even before I watched my first episode. I knew I was the kind of person who likes this stuff.

• Brohoof 2

Dragonshy is the episode that convinced me. I liked the first 5 episodes, but not as much as I do now, and they were only good enough to keep me watching (at the time). Than I watched Boast Busters and I almost gave up. Than I gave Dragonshy a chance and I fell in love.

I suppose I'd have to say I was a brony at the end of the first episode and only realized it part way through episode 2. I was interested enough to continue to part 2 rather than close the video and go do something else. The realization or "wtf factor" only hit me when I got roughly half way through part 2 and I just accepted it in gracious defeat.

There's actually a very convincing motivator on YouTube of "The Best of Rarity". It's about nine minutes long, and it took me about six minutes to decide I adored the character. However, I didn't (and still haven't) watched the seasons sequentially. I've actually never watched the first few episodes. I went around finding the best Rarity moments, and then branched outwards from there.

So roughly 2-3 episodes to decide I liked the show, but less than ten minutes to decide I liked the character. ;)

I voted 2-3.

By the end of episode 1 I'd decided the show wasn't shit, and by the end of the second I was a fan.  By the end of season one it was one of my top ten shows.

It's difficult for me to say due to the manner in which I watched the episodes.  After I watched the first two episodes, decided that I respected the series, but didn't watch another episode for perhaps two months.  The reason that I started watching again was because I was writing a story for a friend which involved ponies, and I wanted to get the characters right.  I think that I realized that I was a brony partway through the first season, but it's hard to tell.  My best guess would be either 4-6 or 7-10.  Then again, I've wondered if my return was really just an excuse to watch more ponies and not feel like less of a man for it, so it could have been during 1 and 2...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd seen the odd episode but wasn't really into it, then watched the daring do episode and then I saw Applebuck season which I thought was hilarious and watched some more, then I was hooked. Don’t actually remember when I became officially a brony though

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

The first day I watched it with my friend, I saw something like 10 episodes but I was pretty skeptical at the time. I mean... watch My Little Pony? okay...

But after a few days I realized I was still thinking about the show and couldn't get it off my mind, so I watched a few more off of netflix and fell in love with it, then I rewatched all the episodes that my friend showed me and realized how great they were too.

Aaaaand now I have long since been assimilated into the herd.

I regret nothing derpy_emoticon2.png

• Brohoof 3

One Episode. I watched one episode and immediately knew, that this was the best thing in the history of ever. One could even say, that I liked the show before watching a single episode as I discovered it through Memebase and through the memes I began to love the show and it's community as well, so I watched the first episode, it was even more awesome than I expected and after about 5 episodes I even screamed "This show is awesome! I am a brony!"

• Brohoof 2

One Episode. I watched one episode and immediately knew, that this was the best thing in the history of ever. One could even say, that I liked the show before watching a single episode as I discovered it through Memebase and through the memes I began to love the show and it's community as well, so I watched the first episode, it was even more awesome than I expected and after about 5 episodes I even screamed "This show is awesome! I am a brony!"

Ha, funny story man!

But you screamed that? Just randomly while you were watching the show?

Heh, guess no one else was around or else they would've asked what in the world was wrong...

For me, it was one. Have you read the 3rd paragraph in my profile yet? Oh, you haven't? Well, I'll just have to tell you the shorter version...

It was a dark starless night, silent so you could hear the crickets chirping.....

Me and my sister went by my cousin's house and she showed us MLP and then I fell in love with 'At the Gala' and watched the rest of season that night.

THE END

That's pretty much a summary of what happened.

Zero. Yes, you heard right. I learned about the fandom and read about bronies and the show before I decided to watch it. After I saw how bronies loved the show and why, I already knew I was going to like it even before I watched my first episode. I knew I was the kind of person who likes this stuff.

Man, that's awesome you became a brony before EVEN watching the show! And yeah, the fandom is one of the major part that made me a brony.

I should add another answer to the poll just for this case.