open Harmony Betrayed

Flareon

shades eyes shrunk as she looked at princess celestia and princess luna. she looks at starlight, then back at the princesses.

she bows and says "um... hello"

shade said it quietly as she was getting shy...

*i cant believe im doing this... i cant believe im doing this... what are they going to think of me... what are they going to think of me...*

@

Starlight giggled at Shade's concern and then looked back at Celestia and Luna who were both staring at her intently before they both gave a smile. "Don't be so shy Shade any friend of Starlight's is more than welcome here." Celestia said with a smile. Starlight put he wing against Shade "See Shade I told you that they would love ya." Starlight smiled as she looked over seeing Apple hiding and motioned him over. Seeing that he wasn't movingshe flew over to him "You don't need to be shy Apple they won't bite." Starlight saw the waitors bringing in the food.

An ominous voice echoed through Shade's ears and nopony elses everypony else was just laughing and having a good time. "FEAR"

shade looked around when that voice spoke to her... "what was that?"

shade looks at starlight "did you hear that?" she asks

shade contacts her minion * did you talk to me? *

the minion answered shade

*why are you..? never mine i just thought i hired something*

shade walked over to starlight...  

Apple Doom took a deep breath and quickly walked towards the Princesses. "Hello my name is Apple Doom, son of AppleJack! Aha, that wasnt so bad" Apple Doom then sat down and waited for a swift hoof across the head. I messed up, i just know i did. Well it was nice while it lasted Apple Doom nervously thought to himself.

Emerald actually felt a strange sort of rush at meeting the princesses. A lifetime of being raised by his mother had prepared him for a situation like this. 

"Princesses Celestia and Luna, I am deeply honored and privileged to have the pleasure of meeting you. I am Emerald, son of Rarity.

Yes, in some ways he was truly his mother's child.

He knew to behave and pay his respects, so he took the knee and bowed his head. This was going to be super uncomfortable for him. He stole a glance over at his parents and could see how uncomfortable his mother was too. It was nice to know that at least they shared that. Sometimes he felt so disconnected from his parents but this wasn't one of them.

Starlight looked over at Shade "I didn't hear anything why what's wrong Shade?" Starlight gave her a odd look but it wasn't long bfore she was back to paying attention to the party events. She watched as each of her friends introduced themselves to "Calm down everypony please this isn't a royal event so please feel free to speak your minds and have a good time." Celestia smiled as they started to eat. "FEAR" The same voice rang inside Shades mind, suddenly everypony was looking at her and it soon became apparent why she was changing into her real form.

shade coudnt control herself... she seemed to be changing on her own, but slowly... for a changeling to change slow it was painful,

she was suffering from the fire that burned and changed her.

*whats going on? whats happening??? arrggg... i cant control myself*

Celestia and Luna were quick to get up and ready their magic "You're not welcome here changeling now leave before we remove you from exhistance. Not only that but Twilight and the rest of the parents stood up and were ready to attack Shade as well as they watched her finish transforming into her changeling form. Starlight couldn't believe what she was seeing but it was coming true her new friend that she had rally started to like hanging out with was a changeling. She could see the panic in her eyes looking at everypony that was threatening her before she turned to Starlight. Shade had a look of plea on her face hoping that Starlight would defend her only to see Starlight back up and get behind her mother.

"I can help you young one find me just follow the aura that you felt earlier." The voice in her mind said.

shade got up from the ground after being burnt by the fire that changed her. she was a little dazed, but when she saw the ponies ready to attack her, she froze. * this is why i cant have anything nice*

her eyes filled with tears... " im.... im sorry... but im a halfling, i just wanted to forget about being a changeling and make some friends... il just remove myself"

shade slowly backed away towards the black aura

Apple Doom could not believe what he just saw. evil changeling? he thought to himself. he felt his anger rising. i thought something was off about that pony Apple Doom the yelled out "Throw this thing in the dungeon! Lock this thing away and throw away the keys!" Apple Doom did not care if he was out of line.

Emerald didn't like the looks of this. He stepped towards the vile changeling and entered the fighting stance he'd learned from his father, ready to protect his friends and family. However his mind was filled with doubt. Though he had no doubt that he would fight to protect them, he wasn't sure how much he could really do. Sure, the lessons his father had given him had gotten him through many schoolyard brawls and such, but what hope did he have against a changeling?

Edited by Alex-Kennedy

"Wow everyone calm down!" Jetersry called out charging between the group and the changeling, "Don't you hear her? She is only half. She didn't come here to cause problems. Are we going to judge something by how they look? She has been nice and kind to us so far, how can we do anything less to her." He knew he was taking an unpopular stance but he couldn't let all these others gang up on someone who hadn't done anything wrong. After all she couldn't help how she was born.

Apple Doom was furious with Jetersry's statement. "How are you going to defend this...this vile creature of darkness?! Did it get inside your mind?" Apple Doom wasn't about to show mercy. "Just because she is half of one means she's even more dangerous. She knows how to think like us.

Emerald nodded at Apple Doom in agreement.

"Yeah, changelings feed off of love; they're inherently evil! We can't trust it, even if it was nice to us before. That's how they get to you, they make themselves look like a regular pony and act all nice to lower your guard. Well, I won't fall for it."

He was flabbergasted. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "I can't believe you two! In fact I can't believe any of you! How can you be the elements of harmony but so quick to condem!" He looked to the Princesses with pleading in his eyes. He couldn't bring himself to look at the parents, he didn't even want to think how his parents were looking at him.

(edited)

@

Starlight was fighting her emotions inside something about this didn't feel right to her but she couldn't deny what was going on and what had to be done. Starlight stepped out in front of her mother and everypony else "That's ENOUGH!" She stomped her hoof down sending sparks of magic out. She turned to Shade giving her an evil glare "Run Shade...run away and never come back. I trusted you and you did you hid this from me Shade you're nothing but a monster." Starlight started charging magic in her horn ready to use it if she made the wrong move.

"Come find me little one they wont give chase and I can help you make things right. Follow the aura that only you can see to the corridor that you first felt it."

Edited by storm-fire

When he heard Starlight add her voice to that of the others he hung his head in despair. It didn't seem to be about fairness, rather old hatreds were raising their heads. He spared a glance at Shade with a 'I'm sorry' look. Then he sulked back towards the others. THere wasn't much point in standing is ground when everyone else was against Shade.

Shade looked at all the ponies... Then at starlight, " if you were the only halfling in equestria, you'd understand why I tried to hide this monstrous forum... But I can see that everypony is the same, they judge me for what I am, and not who I am."

Shade left the room, she made her way to the hall where she felt the black aura

Apple Doom felt like a jerk when he heard Shade's word. Maybe i was too hard on the thing. He quickly returned to his angry state. No i mustnt pity that thing. after all it is still of evil; even if half of it is evil. "Are we going to let that abomination walk away?!" Apple Doom was growling. After seeing Starlight's reaction he calmed down a bit.

@

"Yes let her go she won't be coming back any time soon." Starlight felt odd for saying something like that she'd never been one to feel so much anger towards another pony. She watched as Shade ran out of the dinning hall in tears but she didn't give another thought to her though as they sat back down once Celestia informed the guards to make sure that she was gone. The black aura seemed to flow out of the wall before the whole wall vanished letting Shade inside. Inside the small room were tons of sigil seals on the walls each one of them very faded. A suit of armor sat on a pony manachin on top of a large seal that was barely able to be seen "Break this seal girl and I can help you make everything right in your life." The voice spoke the door sealing behind to make sure she wasn't found by anypony.

"I want to go home," he sat there with everyone else but refused to look at anyone else in the eye, "I don't want to be here if this is how we are going to treat someone different." He tried to make eye contact with those around him but couldn't and ended up looking at the ground. He wasn't even sure if anyone would hear him.

After having calmed down, Apple Doom tried to comfort Starlight. He tried putting his hoof on her but was reluctant. Apple Doom feared it might upset her more. He heard a comment and tried to justify his actions but was too concerned for starlight

Shade contacted her minion

* everything was going so well... I had friends for once... Now I'm back to talking to you... Alone*

* I'm sorry... But your just the closest thing I have to a friend*

* I still can't believe I had a scourge... And just because I'm a halfling they think il feed on there love? I can't feed on love, I only... Why am I talking to you? Your just my minion..*

She cut communications with her minion and walked into a room

Shade looked around and then the voice spoke...

She charged her magic and shot the seal

@

Starlight started to cry when the fear started to fade back to normal the real world starting to fade back into the picture and Starlight put her hoof to her eye. "Why am I crying and where did Shade go to?" Starlight looked around not knowing what had happened to her friend but she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach that something had gone horribly wrong. Suddenly an earthquake hit heavily not enough to cause any damage but powerful enough so that it could be felt throughout Equestria. Starlight looked around at everypony none of them knew what had just happened even the Princesses.

With the seal broken the armor started to move on its own as the manichean faded away, the pieces of armor floating in the air. Red lightening coursed up from the ground as a figure started to appear slowly inside the armor before the lightening came together in a flash blinding Shade. When she opened her eyes she saw a black pony garbed in the armor. He was tall and his hooves and neck had swirled tattoos, his wings armored as well, his mane was a sinister red and silver, and his ears seemed to be on fire with two earrings one blue and one white. His face was marred with scars from battles his blue eyes catching Shades showing an intensity never before seen before he put his mask on. His mask had a red mist cloud in between the eye visors. He cracked his neck a few times "Aahh it's been sooo long since I've seen the real world. Thank you my darling for letting me out of that infernal sealing dimension. The names Kazin but for you call me Lord Kazin got it." He chuckled at the first part but when he introduced himself he was speaking in seriousness the sound of his voice augmented by his mask.