Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Zecora fanfic (Need some help

Shadow Chaser

So I had an idea.  I want to write a fanfic with Zecora.  But I want to cover something I don't think I've ever seen anyone touch on.  I want to cover the idea that she doesn't rhyme just because she wants to, but rather because she has to.  That some curse that was put on her as a child was what caused her to rhyme or face death.

But that's about as far as my idea has gone and I need some help.  I'm taking suggestions for how to get to her becoming cursed and how the journey takes her from her homeland of Zebrica, across the vast ocean to Equestria and how she comes to settle in Ponyville after finding a way to lift the curse.

So I want this to be sort of a brain storm, if you have an idea, or you read someone else's idea and it gives you an even better idea, don't hesitate to throw it out.  I will, of course, put it on FIMFiction and will be sure to credit everyone who helps me with this.  So anything you've got I'll be happy to hear!  Thanks in advance!

(You guys really helped me out when I was planning a LunaMac shipfic so I figured I'd rely on you all once again for some help.)

Edit:  Also, I have a first chapter written, but it's mostly just fluff to get into the actual story and not anything to do with the actual events of it all.  I'll happily post it if you guys want to read it. Posted here.

Edited by Shadow Chaser

I say, blame it on Discord!  He's always a good excuse, no?

Or somehow, she was punished by Celestia/the elements/whatever.

Or say it has something to do with her background, how she was raised - maybe that's what her parents spoke, and all she ever learned?

Delve into her backstory. Go back to Zebrica. Let's see a baby/child Zecora! THAT would be an interesting read.

I'd say stay away from Discord. She was born when he was still in stone, and honestly, it seems sort of like a cliche to me.

You could say she was cursed and banished by the other zebras for disgracing them somehow. It would work, since it's never clear how zebra magic works, or if it even exists. The banishment could also explain why she's in Equestria.

(edited)

Delve into her backstory. Go back to Zebrica. Let's see a baby/child Zecora! THAT would be an interesting read.

That's the plan! :D

You could say she was cursed and banished by the other zebras for disgracing them somehow.

I like that but the problem arises when I get to what she really did to get herself banished/cursed.  I was thinking some crazy old wizard living on the edge of her town that she upsets by accidentally destroying something precious of his.  Afterward he curses her with the rhymes that she has to speak in or she'll become ill and eventually die.  And once her people learn of the curse they banish her so as to not upset the wizard fella and Zecora has to travel a great distance to learn the magic required to cure herself.  Which is how she ends up in the Everfree Forest.  (I wanted to make this a longer adventure but it's seeming like more and more of a one shot.)

Edit:  If you guys are interested in the first chapter, I threw it up here.

Edited by Shadow Chaser