open Need for Heroes! (Revamp) Role Play

Octavia's Bow

"Speedy, did you tag this pony as a hero yet?" Sapphire asked.

Den shook his head, mumbling something. He eyed the other 'pony' and went back to looking at Demence.(Just an FYI, Den's a shaman by inheritance. He's not scolding, he's trying to figure this out. It's a puzzle for him that your character would want to be in a polluted city.)

Arrow gave Den a suspicious look...She felt like he new something. *How would he know ? I have barely even talked to him.* She thought.

Big shot shifted through his coat pocket for his key ring. "Far from it. I used to have a business partner who developed alot of my stuff. The poor guy died recently, but my tech guys managed to salvage some stuff from his old computer. We found some blue prints for a war machine called Gatasubal. It was originally meant for the royal guard, but it was too expensive to make. I, on the other hoof, had plenty of money to create a working copy and add a few modifications." he opened the door and stepped inside. The room was ill lit with a red light. There were three engineers at there own private terminals. Each computer was hooked up to a large, metallic machine with two short legs, a spherical body, and four long arms. The lower set of arms appeared to be tentacles, while the upper arms had large, three pronged claws.

"Isn't she pretty?" Big Shot asked. "I uploaded it with an AI we found in the doctors computer. We're ready to turn it on."

Slicer raised an eyebrow. "She looks...Really really really really really really powerful." He said, taking a few steps towards one of the machines legs and examining it very closely. "You are the one who control's it...er him...er her...or whatever you call it." He said, Looking back at Big Shot.

• Brohoof 1

"It's a damn robot! Of course I control it, It's new AI has facial recognition software." Big Shot said. "Alright, boys! Plug in the power cells!"

The engineers typed in a few commands in there computers. for a moment, nothing happened, but eventually a red light on the machine's "head" flashed on. It took two steps forward  closer to Big Shot, Shale and Slicer, then it held one claw up to its optical censors and flexed the individual fingers.

"This program enjoys having appendages." It said.

• Brohoof 1

"It's a damn robot! Of course I control it, It's new AI has facial recognition software." Big Shot said. "Alright, boys! Plug in the power cells!"

The engineers typed in a few commands in there computers. for a moment, nothing happened, but eventually a red light on the machine's "head" flashed on. It took two steps forward  closer to Big Shot, Shale and Slicer, then it held one claw up to its optical censors and flexed the individual fingers.

"This program enjoys having appendages." It said.

Slicer took a few steps back as the machine started up. "Wow...so do you have an specific plans for this...or are you just going to unleash it upon the city ?" He asked, Tearing his eyes away from the machine to look at Big Shot. *This seems like a bad idea.* *No...It seems like AN AWESOME IDEA.* He thought.

"And risk scratching up the paint? Forget it. This baby's gonna be my new body guard!" Big Shot said.

"This program does not approve of being referred to as "this" or "baby"." The machine commented. "It has not been given an identity, but it prefers to be called program. That is what the doctor called it."

"And risk scratching up the paint? Forget it. This baby's gonna be my new body guard!" Big Shot said.

"This program does not approve of being referred to as "this" or "baby"." The machine commented. "It has not been given an identity, but it prefers to be called program. That is what the doctor called it."

Slicer raised an eyebrow at Big then at the mention of a name, he clapped his hooves together and jumped up and down. "WE SHOULD NAME IT GLADYS...GLADYS THE PROGRAM." He said, happily. *Why Gladys ?* *Because its an awesome name.* *Ok then.* He thought, not clapping his hooves anymore but still happily pouncing up and down.

"This program objects. It prefers to be called program. It is a simple name." Program said. "It prefers simple." (It's important that it's called program, because the doctor never named it.)

Shale whispered something in Big Shot's ear. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot!" Big Shot said. "Program, stay here. Slicer, I got another thing to show you." He walked into the hallway again and unlocked the next door.

• Brohoof 1

"This program objects. It prefers to be called program. It is a simple name." Program said. "It prefers simple." (It's important that it's called program, because the doctor never named it.)

Shale whispered something in Big Shot's ear. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot!" Big Shot said. "Program, stay here. Slicer, I got another thing to show you." He walked into the hallway again and unlocked the next door.

Slicer raised nodded and followed Big Shot out the door. "So program huh ? That'll be a good way to protect yourself." He said, Stretching his wings. There were several satisfying cracks and Slicer grinned. "*Sigh* That's better." He muttered, wondering what the next contraption would be.

(I promise you that Demence and Mirror will have a chance to escape, sometime soon.)

Sapphire frowned, and teleported the Demncian-Blank thing to the cells. She then lead Speedy upstairs to get a brownie, while Den turned to Arrow, saying, "I would like to see you in my office. It's comfortable enough, and you don't have to. But the way you've been eyeing me, you might want to." He walked upstairs, and into a corner-office with his name on the door.

• Brohoof 2

Big Shot opened the next door, it lead into another hallway, but this one was different, the walls were lined with glass cages. Inside of the cages were various assortments of monstrous creatures. Big Shot spoke as he guided them through the hall. "At one point, I got so rich that I had to find a good way to spend my money. Collecting rare and valuable demons has become a bit of a hobby of mine."

He stopped at the largest cage. A furry, green, four legged creature the size of a van was prowling around in a small circle. It had a spiky tail and huge, sharp fangs.

"Allow me to introduce you to Hellen." He said. "She's big, ugly, smells like death and will eat a pony alive. Kinda like a wife, huh?"

"That is your wife, sir." Shale corrected.

"Really? Wow, how drunk was I?"

"Considerably."

"I bet."

(I promise you that Demence and Mirror will have a chance to escape, sometime soon.)

Sapphire frowned, and teleported the Demncian-Blank thing to the cells. She then lead Speedy upstairs to get a brownie, while Den turned to Arrow, saying, "I would like to see you in my office. It's comfortable enough, and you don't have to. But the way you've been eyeing me, you might want to." He walked upstairs, and into a corner-office with his name on the door.

Frey stood still in the loby. "What... what am I to do then?" He asked to anyone that could hear. He located the nearest couch and plopped down on it on his back. He blew some hair out of his eyes and let his left legs dangle over the side of the couch as he moped.

Edited by Pretty Koenma
  • Brohoof 2

(OOC: I know this kinda messes with my previous post...But Chaotic and I just talked it over so...READ ON.)

Arrow nodded and followed Den to his office. She closed the door behind herself and turned to look at Den. She ripped of her mask and tackled him in a hug. "It has been waaay to long, Den." She said, hugging him tightly.

Big Shot opened the next door, it lead into another hallway, but this one was different, the walls were lined with glass cages. Inside of the cages were various assortments of monstrous creatures. Big Shot spoke as he guided them through the hall. "At one point, I got so rich that I had to find a good way to spend my money. Collecting rare and valuable demons has become a bit of a hobby of mine."

He stopped at the largest cage. A furry, green, four legged creature the size of a van was prowling around in a small circle. It had a spiky tail and huge, sharp fangs.

"Allow me to introduce you to Hellen." He said. "She's big, ugly, smells like death and will eat a pony alive. Kinda like a wife, huh?"

"That is your wife, sir." Shale corrected.

"Really? Wow, how drunk was I?"

"Considerably."

"I bet."

Frey stood still in the loby. "What... what am I to do then?" He asked to anyone that could hear. He located the nearest couch and plopped down on it on his back. He blew some hair out of his eyes and let his left legs dangle over the side of the couch as he moped.

"Uh...Hello Hellen." He said. "So...Your wife is now a furry green monster thing ?" He asked, looking away from the strange creature to look at Big Shot.

• Brohoof 1

Big Shot smiled when he thought of a money raising idea. "Heres what I want you to do." He said to Slicer. "I want to make sure youre good enough to work for me so... I want you to go in there and kill Hellen bare hoofed!"

'This is perfect.' He thought. 'Theres no way he'll go in there, and when he refuses, itll give me an excuse to cut his pay!'

• Brohoof 1

Sapphire shook her head, "Nope, I just did." A noise was heard from the filing room as Sapphire closed the drawer. "You can just relax your hooves." She smiled gleefully, bouncing around the room with her brownies.

"Ooo, a question for the textbooks. Which is more important... How about we find out while we're under that drrrreadfully boring house arrest," she said grinning. She was happy he was smiling; it made her feel good.

Arrow nodded and followed Den to his office. She closed the door behind herself and turned to look at Den. She ripped of her mask and tackled him in a hug. "It has been waaay to long, Den." She said, hugging him tightly.

Speedy grinned at Sapphire after eating a cherry brownie.

"Hey, you. You're way too smart for me."

She hug tackled Sapphire.

"I guess that's why I love you."

"Oh, yes. Let's."

His smile grew.

"It's been on my mind, and I generally think, when I'm not distracted, that you're more important. I wanna see you prove that."

"That would've been the only summer we left the city. My parents didn't make much in the way of money..." They were dead at that point. My brother needed to get out of the city; the air quality was killing him. "What brings you to Manehatton? Are you starting a garden?"

Sapphire gave her a brownie grin, "You have a lot of reasons to like me." She tilted her head and frowned, "But you shouldn't belittle yourself to compliment me. You're better than me at tons of things! Like street-smarts. Den always tells me I lack common sense..."

Delphina blushed, "Let's just get home, before we start making presumptuous answers officer. I just wanna have some fun." She flicked his face with her tail and strutted into the apartment building, purposely swaying her hips.

• Brohoof 2

Sapphire gave her a brownie grin, "You have a lot of reasons to like me." She tilted her head and frowned, "But you shouldn't belittle yourself to compliment me. You're better than me at tons of things! Like street-smarts. Den always tells me I lack common sense..."

Delphina blushed, "Let's just get home, before we start making presumptuous answers officer. I just wanna have some fun." She flicked his face with her tail and strutted into the apartment building, purposely swaying her hips.

"Well, I'll give a little credit for saying- Mmm! Nope, nope."

She blushed very red.

"I mean, it's not an insult or anything... I- I didn't mean it that way."

Nightfall grinned. He was thinking about his previous choices and such. Sapphire would have been able to keep him happy always, but with Delphina, he felt like the happiness, when it did exist, was real.

Sapphire leaned over and kissed her, "And you are really really REALLY supportive of me, and I appreciate it a lot. Especially when Den is feeling guilty or sad, because when he feels that wy it gets really hard for me not to feel sad too..."

Delphina looked behind her,"Oh dear, it seems I am unprotected. Whatever shall I do, for my house arrest shalt be a danger without my officer. Oh, woe is me, for I seem to have left him behind." She put a hoove to her head in mock-faint, and went upstairs to their apartment.

• Brohoof 1

Big Shot smiled when he thought of a money raising idea. "Heres what I want you to do." He said to Slicer. "I want to make sure youre good enough to work for me so... I want you to go in there and kill Hellen bare hoofed!"

'This is perfect.' He thought. 'Theres no way he'll go in there, and when he refuses, itll give me an excuse to cut his pay!'

Slicer raised an eyebrow. "Um...She kinda look's like an angry hippo. And why are you making me do this ?" He asked, looking into the cage at the demon.

"That would've been the only summer we left the city. My parents didn't make much in the way of money..." They were dead at that point. My brother needed to get out of the city; the air quality was killing him. "What brings you to Manehatton? Are you starting a garden?"

Arrow's smile faded slightly and she let go of Den. "Actually...Its kinda the opposite. I was running really really low on money, I wasn't making nearly enough and a few ponies were saying that Manehattan is a good place to make money. There is almost always someplace looking for a job. And so I reluctantly came. Now, Before you ask why I am trying to be a hero. The other day I found a kid being attacked by some evil colt...on my first day here. So I figured I would help clean up the city...literally...This place is filthy." She said.

• Brohoof 1

Den shrugged, "You think this place is bad, go to the downtown residential district. That's where I used to live, before I got married, then divorced. The mare said she had to 'find herself,' and set sail across the Celestic Ocean." He sighed sadly, leaning back, "If I had the choice, I'd work the garden."

• Brohoof 2

Den shrugged, "You think this place is bad, go to the downtown residential district. That's where I used to live, before I got married, then divorced. The mare said she had to 'find herself,' and set sail across the Celestic Ocean." He sighed sadly, leaning back, "If I had the choice, I'd work the garden."

"So would I. But I am losing more bits than I am making. I left it to a close friend of mine. She said she would take care of it. I still own my house but the bank is threatening to take it." She said, sniffing and wiping a tear from her cheek. "It sucks...I sometimes think that if I am one thousand four hundred years old...why am I not the richest pony around  ?" She said.

• Brohoof 1

"You told me you speant a lot of it asleep. Sleeping doesn't exactly pay bills, and neither does being a hero. We'd offer a tax deduction, but we can't take your regular identities, and most are uncomfortable giving it. The best we can do is offer rewards, but if we make it to big, we have bounty hunter problems. You'd probably be better off just being a cop, but if you still want to be a hero, I'd try to find a job. I think there's a flourist in the east side..."

• Brohoof 2

"You told me you speant a lot of it asleep. Sleeping doesn't exactly pay bills, and neither does being a hero. We'd offer a tax deduction, but we can't take your regular identities, and most are uncomfortable giving it. The best we can do is offer rewards, but if we make it to big, we have bounty hunter problems. You'd probably be better off just being a cop, but if you still want to be a hero, I'd try to find a job. I think there's a flourist in the east side..."

"Yea...I suppose that's true. To be honest Den...I have no bucking idea what I am doing. Part of me thought this would be a good idea...something for me to do that's not hiding. But I honestly...I just don't know." She said, sitting down in the chair on the other side of Den's desk and putting her head in her hooves. "Maybe I should just go sleep under a tree again." She muttered.

• Brohoof 1

Slicer raised an eyebrow. "Um...She kinda look's like an angry hippo. And why are you making me do this ?" He asked, looking into the cage at the demon.

'Perfect'

Big shot blew on his right hoof and rubbed it on the outside of his jacket. "Well, if you can't handle her, I suppose I don't need to be paying you nearly as much as the contract was for, after all. Maybe half as much will do for someone of your talent. I was clearly overpaying. I'm just too generous sometimes."

Edited by Pretty Koenma
  • Brohoof 1

'Perfect'

Big shot blew on his right hoof and rubbed it on the outside of his jacket. "Well, if you can't handle her, I suppose I don't need to be paying you nearly as much as the contract was for, after all. Maybe half as much will do for someone of your talent. I was clearly overpaying. I'm just too generous sometimes."

Slicer glared at Big. "I never said I wouldn't do it...I was just wondering why. And there is no way i'm letting you cut my pay. I will fight her on one condition...You pay me the full amount and you let me play some music." He said, cracking his neck, legs and wings.

(OOC: I would assume you will be controlling Hellen in this fight.)

Den shook his head, "And what would that solve? You'd wake up one day starting over. Without any friends. Look, I can help you out, but I need to know what your plans are, at least for the near future. I can't help plan for something I know nothing about." He mentally shutSpphire out of his mind.

• Brohoof 1

Den shook his head, "And what would that solve? You'd wake up one day starting over. Without any friends. Look, I can help you out, but I need to know what your plans are, at least for the near future. I can't help plan for something I know nothing about." He mentally shutSpphire out of his mind.

"I know, you're right." She said. "My plan is pretty simple...I just need to make money so I can keep my house, I decided to try out this hero thing because...well I already said that. Maybe I should just get a job here. I don't like guns and I want to be able to use my powers." She said.

• Brohoof 1

"You don't have to use a gun to be a cop. You actually don't have to fight crime, either, if fighting's not your prerogative. Sapphire does a nice job over the radio when she isn't need in the field, knows her numbers very well, and builds most of our more advanced equipment. She can be a tad obsessed with brownies, but it's all for a good cause." Den looks Arrow over, "It's not dangerous, but it pays alright; enough for my kid to go to school."

• Brohoof 1