poisoning at it's finest

losing the battle

finally ready to

lie down and

die

And as the fumes filled

the air

no one seemed to care

I wrote this for my geography class.  I think it's pretty good.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 4

Well, yes, no one actually meant for it to happen. I don't know about government conspiracy theories around it.

Decent poem, I say.

Though there are a few spelling mistakes, so you might wanna go back and fix those. Unless they were intentional. Or unintentionally intentional. /Mindfck

(edited)

Well, yes, no one actually meant for it to happen. I don't know about government conspiracy theories around it.

Decent poem, I say.

Though there are a few spelling mistakes, so you might wanna go back and fix those. Unless they were intentional. Or unintentionally intentional. /Mindfck

Well, the thing is the government didn't evacuate the area until the day after. (at least in theory)  The radiation had already fallen, I will go back and fix the spelling mistakes, thanks.

Pretty good poem over all. If I could point out one thing, the formatting you picked was fairly odd and hard to follow, especially the spacing.

Yeah, I know.  I had the thing all spaced out very nicely and the thing went to hell when I put submit new topic... I'm in the process of fixing it though.

Edited by Dusty Soul

I really like this poem, I will freely admit that when it comes to prose I'm no expert but something about this struck a chord won't me. I do like that you've included a bit about the supposed cover up :) not many people know about that.

I really like this poem, I will freely admit that when it comes to prose I'm no expert but something about this struck a chord won't me. I do like that you've included a bit about the supposed cover up :) not many people know about that.

Thank you, yeah, I do believe it to be true, Chernobyl is one of those things I like reading about.  Ever since we studied it in class I've been researching it, and that's one of the things I came across.

Thank you, yeah, I do believe it to be true, Chernobyl is one of those things I like reading about.  Ever since we studied it in class I've been researching it, and that's one of the things I came across.

Your quite welcome :)

I got interested in it after playing Stalker, even went there on my travels (well Pripyat actually). It's quite an interesting thing to read about, especially when you take in the historical context of the time. Some of the off the wall conspiracy theories are amusing to read... I vaguely remember one about the towers you see around being used in a mind control experiment (told you it's off the wall).

But it is true they never told the firefighters etc about the radiation.

Edited by Fridge