Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any news on derpy?

Kitty Cat Moonshire

Has hasbro said if they're going to bring her back yet?

And how is she offensive? Even if she was supposed to be retarded (which she clearly isn't) isn't it more offensive to get rid of her, because that way, if someones disabled, it sends the message that they should change or go away, right?

• Brohoof 2

One of the MLP Staff.  (Lauren Faust, Meghan McCarthy...I can't remember who) said on their Twitter that:

A certain muffin-loving, gray pegasus will be coming back.

Or something like that anyway.  And who else but Derp-eh Hoof-Ves!

• Brohoof 3

(Quotes Applejack) "Exactly!"

This is what the world has come to: leaking huge fallacies that belittle people's self-esteem. Some have said that autistic people are stupid. But check this out, autistic people are the ones who have the unique hidden talents. Oh sure, they may have trouble with daily life, but still, they have a purpose in this world.

It's these issues that get me pissed. When a group becomes offended to the point that they want a character from a show removed just because of one little thing. I am completely against the removal of Derpy, you know why? She adds that last bit to the show. Everyone gets excited when they see Derpy. 

This is to show you how the world can be so cynical and easily offended by little things. If we just let it go and not be so disrespectful towards "different" people, the world would be a betetr place. 

One of the MLP Staff.  (Lauren Faust, Meghan McCarthy...I can't remember who) said on their Twitter that:

A certain muffin-loving, gray pegasus will be coming back.

Or something like that anyway.  And who else but Derp-eh Hoof-Ves!

Any source on that?

Anyway, I don't care if she comes back or not. I just think this whole Derpygate drama shook Hasbro very hard. Now that things seem to have settled down, maybe she could come back.

But, as said, I'm indifferent.

Edited by DeiStar

(Quotes Applejack) "Exactly!"

This is what the world has come to: leaking huge fallacies that belittle people's self-esteem. Some have said that autistic people are stupid. But check this out, autistic people are the ones who have the unique hidden talents. Oh sure, they may have trouble with daily life, but still, they have a purpose in this world.

It's these issues that get me pissed. When a group becomes offended to the point that they want a character from a show removed just because of one little thing. I am completely against the removal of Derpy, you know why? She adds that last bit to the show. Everyone gets excited when they see Derpy.

This is to show you how the world can be so cynical and easily offended by little things. If we just let it go and not be so disrespectful towards "different" people, the world would be a betetr place.

Yeah! And I dont think anyone autistic even cared! Why should they? It wasn't rude, it was cute!

And they better show her more. Shes too good to be a background character ^-^

Any source on that?

Anyway, I don't care if she comes back or not. I just think this whole Derpygate drama shook Hasbro very hard. Now that things seem to have settled down, maybe she could come back.

But, as said, I'm indifferent.

I saw it on Equestria Daily.  I could probably find it again if I tried.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/a-grey-muffin-related-pony-possibly-on.html

Aha.  D:  I fail.

But I thought what I saw wasn't something different some this...

Some twitter thing.

It'll be difficult to find, and I'm too lazy to try xD

What do you mean by bringing her back, exactly? She has been in S3 episodes, just not anymore speaking roles. As someone who doesn't care about Derpy, that seems fair. She doesn't special treatment compared to other background ponies, who have also only gotten one or even no speaking roles.

As it is I don't think anyone really has any concrete knowledge on the Derpy situation at the moment. She's had way less appearances in season 3 (I think only around 3 or 4) as compared to other seasons which is most likely so everyone forgets about the controversy last season. Right now I've seen both rumors that she's been canned for good and rumors that she's coming back in a bigger way in the future, soooo basically we have absolutely no idea what is going on. I don't think Hasbro would completely remove her from the show altogether though...not with the kind of massive backlash they got for editing her, imagine if they outright removed her? People would rage hard.

Twilight: Princess, I don't want to be an alicorn anymore. I want to stay with my friends in Ponyville.

Celestia: All right, Twilight. We'll pass the alicorn powers onto the next pony who comes in the room.

Derpy: *flies in and crashes into the wall* Oops, my bad...

Celestia: O.o

• Brohoof 4

Hasbro hasn't said anything either way about Derpy's existance in the episodes as of late. Even the quote above was from a voice actor about a /fan/ project. The cast and crew haven't talked about it (probably because something is keeping them from doing so), and nothing else about it is known.

A long laundry list claiming to be from someone "in" the crew posting anonymously on Reddit claimed they stripped Derpy completely in Season 3, being forbidden from showing her on screen, along with a laundry list of other things based on things that were already suspected or could've easily been infered, so this is pretty much accepted as fake (even if the things included have proven true.)

Thing is, if Hasbro wanted Derpy completely gone, she wouldn't still be in the show's opening, she wouldn't have been in the crowd of a few of the first few S3 episodes (as the Wonderbolts episode/Wild Fire ordeal shows, they can very quickly edit out characters when needed), and they /certainly/ wouldn't still be pandering to the brony market with the SanDiego Comic Con Fashion Style figure, the Funko figures, and all the items obtainable from Hot Topic and WeLoveFine. She's not gone, she still exists in merchandise at least. Show wise, until S4 comes about, she's still in the opening.

• Brohoof 1

Its possible that when Hasbro gave her a speaking role that they didn't like what they did with the character and moved her back into the background. Possibly trying to tone down the character itself until all the media for it went away. Then they can start bringing her back in to the spotlight. (I'm just speculating here. but Hasbro seems to want to continue to make money off of Derpy.) 

Well, all we can hope for now is that it REALLY is derpy.

Ive come to like her a lot more over the past few weeks, and how it came to be is a very odd story.

Okay

season 3 was still in development when season 2 was STILL airing. Due to the derpy incidence Hasbro got worried.

To keep thing safe, they removed her almost completely from season 3.

Okay now that things have seattled down a bit, we may see her in season 4. There are actually hundreds of ways we can see her.

As for an episode with her talking? Only one I can think of that may not cause another stupid uprising (jerks). We have an episode that's message is that it's okay to be different and that everyone is special and has their role in society.

Or something like that.

Anyway I live Derpy, but if for some reason Hasbro can't work her in the show anymore I'm okay. I'll stick to all the fan work out there. As long as fans still believe in Derpy, she will live forever.

I saw it on Equestria Daily.  I could probably find it again if I tried.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/a-grey-muffin-related-pony-possibly-on.html

Aha.  D:  I fail.

But I thought what I saw wasn't something different some this...

Some twitter thing.

It'll be difficult to find, and I'm too lazy to try xD

Checked out the story, and they updated it with the news that apparently Grey DeLisle (who happened to voice Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City, so, that's awesome for me!!!  B) ) was referring to a fan project in which she may or may not voice Derpy.  So, boo that it's not a canon related project, but, yay for an ambitious Derpy fan project, considering it is a rare fan project that attracts high caliber industry voice actresses!

As for canon Derpy news, the only that I've heard as of yet for Season 3 (and this may not even refer to her) was a comment that Sabrina "Sibsy" Albergheti recently made, in which she declared that she'd used, and I quote, "what little power" she has to throw in one of her favorite background ponies in the season finale (while specifying that it was not her own OC Wildfire).  Now, while this could certainly refer to any seldom seen background pony, such as Vinyl Scratch or Octavia, my money's on Derpy at the moment, because (1) I really want Derpy to reappear (I know, that's not really a good reason... buck it, yes it is!!!  :lol: ), and (2) I can't imagine that animators would have to use actual influence and clutch to get any of the other background ponies into an episode, aside from Derpy!  I'll leave the link to her comment below, which is found in the MLP wiki article for "Magical Mystery Cure" under "Production and Development".

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Mystery_Cure

Still, if it turns out she doesn't show up, as others have pointed out, since Season 3 was getting developed in the midst of or just after the Derpy controversy, and Season 4 on the other hand is going to be developed during a relatively calm period, there's a far better chance that Derpy will appear frequently in Season 4 then there ever was of her showing up in Season 3.

Edited by Batbrony

As it is I don't think anyone really has any concrete knowledge on the Derpy situation at the moment. She's had way less appearances in season 3 (I think only around 3 or 4) as compared to other seasons which is most likely so everyone forgets about the controversy last season. Right now I've seen both rumors that she's been canned for good and rumors that she's coming back in a bigger way in the future, soooo basically we have absolutely no idea what is going on. I don't think Hasbro would completely remove her from the show altogether though...not with the kind of massive backlash they got for editing her, imagine if they outright removed her? People would rage hard.

YOU'VE SEEN DERPY IN SEASON 3!?

Where? When? And with who? I could have sworn she wasn't in it...

Tell Me, TELL ME,TELL ME, TELL MEH! (Lol I love Rarity)

YOU'VE SEEN DERPY IN SEASON 3!?

Where? When? And with who? I could have sworn she wasn't in it...

Tell Me, TELL ME,TELL ME, TELL MEH! (Lol I love Rarity)

Well the one I can recall off the top of my head is at the end of Magic Duel when Twilight is showing off her magic Derpy is in the stands among the crowd on the right and left side (duplicated Derpy's lol?). She's also hidden on the train in the opening title sequence too but she's been there since season 2. I think there's one or two more places but I can't think of them right now.

I never saw Derpy as being mentally disabled; she always reminded me of someone I used to work with who was a total ditz and used to say and do really airheaded things. Like saying to someone who came in soaking wet, "Oh, is it raining?". To my mind, anyone who assumes that a person who acts like a bubblehead is mentally disabled is the one with the problem; it's like they assume that ditzyness = retarded which is really insulting. Some people are just ditzy and that's just how they are.