Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Strongs only reply was "LONG LIVE LUNA!!!! LONG LIVE EQUALITY!!!" this also got a response from the Lunar troops, fighting harder than they ever had before. This time, Strong did not hold back, it was time Solus learned it was unwise to cross paths with him. Strong drew back a foreleg, skidding across the stone and sending sparks toward Solus' eyes, he then thrust his foreleg forward, the steel spikes crashing directly into the chestplate of Solus with great force.

Toothless's ear twitched, hearing Solus's moral-inspiring speech in the middle of combat. He then turned and saw him, making his way through the crowd of chaos and battle.

"Solus!" Toothless cried out. "You go get Strong Hooves! I got your six!" He then moved directly behind Solus, and whipped a stray Lunar soldier moving in for an attack.

Haste looked at Solus and at the troops *I think it'll be better if I help the others* she turned which caught Draco by surprise, she and Draco fought the Lunar troops

The spikes managed to puncture through the plate itself but caugjt by the layer of chain hidden under.solus could feel just how close he was to being wounded if not killed by strong hooves initial attack.with his own quick swipe, the saber bounced off strong hooves armor.

Solus knew that with armor that thick,no light blade could do any harm no matter the force behind the swing. With another series of swipes it becomes clear that solus is aiming to cut the straps holding the armor together

Solus " many thanks for your aid,if you find a way to signal colonel swift and the fleet of pegasi do so,with them flanking we will crush these lawless Cretans here and now...until then slay every one of these scourge corrupting our way of life"

Solus turned his full attention to stronghooves,dodging and countering with great skill.

Edited by HailStorm

Strong was locked in deadly combat with Solus, making sure the blades hit only his armor, and not the straps that he was aiming for, Strong fought with the ferocity of a Manticore, unrelenting in his attack, his life of training showing that he was an unmoving force, "No such luck Solus" said Strong as he fought, "I have already sent word to our elite flying squad, The Shadowbolts for aid, your little squad will be helpless against them!"

The Lunar troops were beginning to attack Toothless in great numbers, jumping and striking with their blades. His excellent dragon skin armor helped greatly, but it wasn't going to hold up for long. Many white marks scarred Toothless's skin, and one even managed to draw blood.

"Aaargh!" He cried out in pain. Quickly opening up his wings, he managed to fling one off his back, and give him some more breathing room, but they soon began to close in again.

"Somepony? I might need a little backup here..." He tried to speak with a calm and relaxed tone, but worry and fear had tainted his voice. He felt like the entire world was coming down upon his shoulders, and he couldn't hold it up. He was beginning to feel scared... Very scared...

Solus tries to pull back for some breathing room of his own,growing exaused from his relentless assault on stronghooves.turning his stances more to defence rather than his favored of offensive he manages to stave off most of the heavy hits.

Solus"we are to confined here,we need to find and kill who ever is holding those fields up so we can fall back to a more favorable terrain.toothless,grab one of our casters and seek them out and do what your kind does to your prey...I can handle myself against the brutes until we get some space to really move"

Strong quietly curses under his breath and intensifies his attack, adrenaline and rage fueling his strength, he throws punch after bone breaking punch, trying to get through Solus' defense...

(Well I'm off to bed. Will continue tomorrow)

Edited by Strong Hooves

Toothless flies upward at a 90 degree angle, breaking free of the grasp of the horde of troops. One pony manages to hold on to his wings, but is then flung off by a heavy downward wingbeat. Hearing Solus's command, he responds, "I think I may know who's holding the shield up..."

He then looks to a particular hawk-like shadow beast on the ground below him...

(Gotta wait for Zanthak tomorrow)

Haste was still fighting the other ponies hoof-on-hoof, while Draco was fighting them off somewhere else, she was struck on her other wing by a spell from a Unicorn making her unable to fly, she dashed towards the pony and punched him, knocking him out, she still fought until the Lunar troops managed to get her surrounded Draco came and roasted a few to crisp, while the rest attacked him, both fought until they claimed victory

(I won't post for a while sorry)

Zanthak, in the from of a large shadow hawk, was still kicking pony butt, and some of the celestian soldiers were climbing on him trying to pull him down. He jumped 20 feet in the air and cannon-balled into the ground that made a large earthquake that rattled the battlefield. He saw a bluish ball of fire coming at him and suddenly flies up a couple meters to dodge it. He looked at the dragon flying in the air and sees that he is looking straight at him. He gets angry and flies up to him and tries to slice him with his big sword.

His eyes widening at the enormous sword slicing toward him, he juked to the left, but a small part of the tilt of the sword still managed to catch a part of his body, and sliced through Toothless's dragon skin armor easily.

"AAARGH!" He shrieked, blood dripping out of the wound. In all his life, Toothless had always been the top of the food chain. The best one out there. He now understood, that a mere dragon, may not be enough against the mighty Lunar Republic...

Did he even stand a chance against them? A wild, crazy thought passed through his mind. "If I surrendered, would I be able to walk away from this hell?"

Ooc:srry strong hooves I was busy today)

Solus managed to keep himself from stronghooves range but just barely.his goal was to work his way back to the forcefield and bolt into the open once it fell.once outside he would have the upperhoove,plenty of space for his blitzing tactics.being trapped in such close proximity to some pony so large his chances were dim.suddenly he had an idea

*lets keep them trapped,we can turn it into their grave.*

Inhale... exhale... inhale... exhale...

All Toothless could hear was the sound of his shallow breathing, the sounds of battle and conflict seemingly so far away... He could feel a burning sensation on the left side of his body, a consquence for not dodging away in time. The hawk-beast that was hovering in front of him seemed so massive... so large...

Unlike most other ponies who joined the war for blood and the sounds of combat, Toothless never wanted this to happen. All he wanted now, was to go back to normal. Before the war, before Nightmare Moon, before those damn Elements of Harmony... It was quite ironic to Toothless now, that what was suppose to bring balance and unity to Equestria, has only seperated them further away from each other than ever. What was Toothless really fighting for? Love? Freedom? Fluttershy? He didn't know... he was simply too confused to think straight.

"Toothless..." An echoed and distant voice spoke. It sounded similar to if someone was trying to speak to you while you were underwater. "Toothless!" He surely believed he was hearing voices in his head now... He felt like he was slipping into the realm of insanity, an endless abyss that he could never escape once he entered...

His mind was playing tricks on him... and Toothless could do nothing to defend against it...

To others on the battlefield, Toothless simply hovered in mid-air, frozen.

Solus realized that toothless was,for some reason disobeying his orders by not getting the barrier down.

Looking Back at his troops solus realized that his troops were getting overwhelmed,even his rally cry couldn't boost the rapidly decreasing moral or energy of his worn soldiers.their constant pulling back quickly got them crunched up and cornered

Several Pockets of solar forces drop their arms and surrender.

Solus grew furious

Solus. " why are you surrendering unto the enemy,you are proud soldiers of celestia,are you not? The sword and shield that protects a brighter tomorrow,does and will not give in to the monster that is this so-called republic who wishes to crush our superior ways...and you,dragon! toothless was it,obey! Stop waitsting time and get that barrier down,do not question MY authority!

Grunt "sir,we are cornered and growing fewer in numbers,sir every pony is starting to give in or trying to flee...we can't hold Ranks much longer,it's a lost cause!"

Solus "so be it! If this is a lost cause as you claim then so was my misplaced faith in you"

Grabbing hold of the grunt,solus threw him infront of strong hooves next punch,the already battered armor gave way to the spikes.the grunt collapse onto the floor.

Solus" well strong hooves you may have crushed my infantry but I will take great joy in knowing we will share this tomb. sure that the solar airforce or what remains will bomb this place upon first sight of any Luna forces leaving without being our prisoners...I know for a fact that hail is up there and he's just itching to put you in the dirt for kidnapping his sister,amongst other things"

Edited by HailStorm

Strong heard the last few words by Solus, his anger spiked sky high, with a hard punch, Strong punctured the armor again, twisting his foreleg so as to lock the spikes in his armor to prevent escape, he glared at Solus with fire in his eyes, "Big mistake mentioning those two Solus" he growled, he then landed a punch in Solus' stomach, lifting the stallion high into the air before slamming him to the stone ground with all his might, he then yelled at the top of his lungs, "SHADOWBOLTS!!! TAKE OUT ANY CELESTIAN AIR FORCE YOU CAN FIND!!! THEY DO NOT WIN TODAY!!"

Solus breath grew fleeting,as he lain on the cold floor he tried to get back up.though his will was strong his body was broke from the heavy trauma caused by strong hooves.solus was bleeding out,it was only a matter of time until he passed but he intended to use what little. Time he had to push strong hooves buttons

"Did...I hit a soft spot on the big bad strong hooves? Does he still have fe...elings. the so called friend hail who threw you aside like a real soldier...or maybe the other one, snow wasn't it...what's the deal with thar one exactly

-----------------------------------------------

Hail was helpless as he watched the shadowbolts decimate the air forces,they were armed for only moderate Aero combat against other standard Pegasi units. Hail himself,practically a flying fortress. Could not match the shadowbolts speed. His only hope was to tough out what he could until he could land,his chances of holding his own would be slightly better once he could manage not to get hit from evey direction. The colonel,though hardly airborne capable followed hail,knowing that they were helpless in the air now.

Strong couldnt even think about what he was doing, the comment from Solus pushing him past the point of rationality, "SHUT UP YOU WORTHLESS EXCUSE FOR A SOLDIER!!!" and with tha he began pummeling Solus with his cleeted horseshoes, making sure each hit was just as hard as the last.