Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2013 Toy Fair

Emerald Flame

You seem to be the only one upset about the toys. Yes, they're using the same models, but we still get them right? There are Derpy Hooves toys, a Doctor Whooves Shoulder bag and lots of other stuff. They're working on a movie with an IP for "older girls/fans", they're making Derpy, Octavia, Chrysalis, and countless other merch. Sure, the Fighting is Magic is upsetting, but we're repeating the Derpy Dilemma ALL OVER AGAIN. And if you're THAT upset about it, why bother to buy it? Seriously, calm down.

(P.S: You know you can make customs, right?)

First off, anyone, including myself is entitled to their feelings. So THERE. If I'm upset, I'm just going to be upset, deal. As far as the merch for older fans go, you have to learn a lesson in the magic of licensing. Hasbro didn't make those cool shoulder bags, a great website, www.welovefine.com and a fabulous team of artists is responsible for that. Hasbro? Not a hand.The vinyl figures of Dr. Whooves, Derpy, and RD? Funco. And Customs? Please dearie. I've been fixing Hasbro's toy mistakes with my own customs probably since before you've even known ponies existed. Just because I CAN make quality customs on my own doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see Hasbro make higher quality merchandise featuring their own characters from the get go as well.

If I'm mad, it's because I already watched this franchise practically DIE once because of the mistakes they made like this. And you'll just have to forgive me if I don't want to watch it go down that very painful road again. It was NOT pretty the first time.

(PS, And honestly, with the thousands upon THOUSANDS of dollars I've spent on Pony merch, I think I'm a little entitled to my feels. :))

Edited by Bunny_San

I happen to love queen chrysalis and so even if they did make a kinda crappy figure, they're at least trying to appeal to us. Yes, its true that some of those figures were...uh... :mellow: , but just look at that derpy, doesn't that just put a smile on everypony's face? I know that when this comes out, my wait for a queen chrysalis brushable will be over. Now we all just have to wait for hasbro to become REALLY smart and start making some discord figures...