open Pirate Adventure Rp! (Steampunk Edition)

Alex Kennedy

@,

Diamond chuckled and...after one more look up at the moon, she followed Harmonic below deck. "So what'll it be ? Blackjack, poker ?" She asked, levitating a deck of cards from a nearby shelf.

@,

Rain waited for the last moment until, he angled his antlers against Gladius's sword, then he flicked his head to the side in an attempt to disarm him.

@,

Gladius was barely able to hold on to his sword, but in doing so he lost his balance and fell over.

"Very impressive. I think you'll be quite an asset to the crew. Anyway, I think that's enough for now. I have a lot of paperwork I need to take care of, the downside of being an officer." 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Rain felt rather surprised that that had actually worked...but he nodded and held out his hoof to help Gladius up. "I was going to get some shuteye...where exactly are the crew's sleeping quarters ?" He asked, moving towards the hatch that led below deck. "I am assuming they would be below deck." He chuckled. "But where exactly ?"

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~

@,

Gladius got back up and headed down below deck.  

"Right, let me show you the way."

He led rain down through the ship for a while until they arrived at the crew quarters which were, like everything else on the ship, of exceptional quality.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get some work done before I go to bed."

• Brohoof 1

@

"Hmm..." Harmonic mused over the thought of what games he could possibly beat Diamond at "I think blackjack, I might actually stand a chance there." he chuckled as he pulled over a pair of chairs to a table in the corner of the room. 

"The usual wager? 50 bits?" 

(Gotta say, this'll be interesting to see how we can play cards in a role play...)

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Alright then...Goodnight sir." He said, walking over to an empty bed.

@,

(OOC: We could try to actually play...like in real life...but that may be a little difficult. Also its been a while since I have played black jack so forgive me if I make a mistake.)

Diamond nodded and sat down at a small table in the infirmary. "Sounds good to me." She said, using her magic to shuffle the cards. She magically placed two cards in front of Harmonic and two cards in front of herself.

Dinghy came stumbling up the plank to the deck, unaided by the dim moonlight and hindered by his inebriation.  The donkey took longer than he expected to get back to the Vermilion Sky, having gotten lost in the narrow streets of Trotuga.  He had his pistol drawn as he did then, having to shoot a few ruffians in a dark alley looking to take advantage of the drunken sailor on his way back to the ship.  

The donkey's sight was wobbly; he could barely keep his footing (hoofing?).  It had been long since alcohol had took this much out of him.  In a sudden moment of nausea, Dinghy hurled is head over the side of the ship, and began to vomit profusely.

"Damn," he cursed, "I can't be reckless like this.  Not 'ere, not now."

He wiped his mouth with his hoof, holstering his pistol with the other.  The donkey peered long into the town of Trotuga, sparsely lit with nightlife under the veil of the pale moon above.

"Bloody navy."  He muttered.

@,

(It's not going to be easy haha, I think we'll just have to improvise...)

Harmonic grinned at his cards, having an ace in his pair straight off the bat was as good as it was going to get. He flipped his second card - 3. "Are you feeling lucky, cap'n?" he winked. "I'll have another, when you're up for it - and uh, make it a good one"

• Brohoof 1

@,

Diamond grinned and looked at her cards. A queen and a 4.

She flipped another card over and placed it next to Harmonic's hand hoof. "Well. Need another card or did I win already." She joked, sticking out her tongue.

(OOC: Maybe we should just do a time skip and roll a die to see who wins. i'm easy.)

@,

(I just spent like 10 minutes trying to think of something interesting to say but...it didn't work.)

"That's a 6, i'll take it. That leaves me on 20 and i'll be staying right there. Let's see if your luck holds out cap'n." he chuckled again, feeling confident about his luck this time. It might actually be the first card game he comes out of bits up.  

Diamond grinned. "Not bad not bad...but not good enough." She said, as she pulled a seven from the top of the deck.

After a few minutes it was the last round. Diamond had an ace and a ten and was waiting to see if Harmonic wanted another card or not. "Before we finish...you have gotten much better at this game. And I am going to have to be more careful around you." She said, grinning at him.

• Brohoof 1

@

There was a trace of frustration in Harmonics cardplay now, but he was so used to being robbed by Diamond he almost didn't care anymore. He licked his lips, looking at his cards - 9 and 6. "No way I can win, being forced to draw, but I may as well give it my all." he sighed. They had reached the point in the game where they where just taking their own cards now - taking his final card from the deck he hesitated to look - a king. "Bugger it" he cursed, half laughing as he flung his cards on the table. 

Sliding his bits across onto Diamonds side, he noticed something...different about her. He couldn't quite put his hoof on it, but something about her made his eyes linger for a moment longer than he would have liked. 

He shook his head with a cough "Well, what's that, 40 in a row now?" he joked with a nervous laugh "One day ma'am, one day."

Copper slammed another empty bottle down on the bar. He wasn't even a little dizzy yet. "Curse my tolerance" he muttered. He stood, paid his tab, and walked out of the Drunken Manticore. 

Trotuga was lit by flickering street lights that illuminated the run down shops and houses. Copper stopped outside the shack where the faux weapon dealer lived, the lopsided door was hanging open and askew on its hinges. Copper took a deep breath and walked into the shop.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

@

There was a trace of frustration in Harmonics cardplay now, but he was so used to being robbed by Diamond he almost didn't care anymore. He licked his lips, looking at his cards - 9 and 6. "No way I can win, being forced to draw, but I may as well give it my all." he sighed. They had reached the point in the game where they where just taking their own cards now - taking his final card from the deck he hesitated to look - a king. "Bugger it" he cursed, half laughing as he flung his cards on the table. 

Sliding his bits across onto Diamonds side, he noticed something...different about her. He couldn't quite put his hoof on it, but something about her made his eyes linger for a moment longer than he would have liked. 

He shook his head with a cough "Well, what's that, 40 in a row now?" he joked with a nervous laugh "One day ma'am, one day."

Diamond couldn't help but smile as she noticed his lingering eyes. "You keep em." She said, sliding the bits back across the table. "If I take them now...you're gonna run out of bits and we wont be able to play again." She said, winking at him, then she put all her bits back into her coin purse.

• Brohoof 1

@

Harmonic looked at the bits on the table, unsure whether or not to take them. She won them fair, but...she was giving them back. Hesitantly, he scooped them up and placed them back into his bag. "Oh...um. Okay. Are you sure ma'am? I mean..." he stood up and bowed his head. 

"If you'll excuse me, i'm going to get some fresh air before I hit the hay for the night." he turned around and took a step forward, his leg gave out from underneath him, and he tumbled into the door. Painfully crawling his way back up he grumbled "This is going to get old, quickly."

@

Harmonic looked at the bits on the table, unsure whether or not to take them. She won them fair, but...she was giving them back. Hesitantly, he scooped them up and placed them back into his bag. "Oh...um. Okay. Are you sure ma'am? I mean..." he stood up and bowed his head. 

"If you'll excuse me, i'm going to get some fresh air before I hit the hay for the night." he turned around and took a step forward, his leg gave out from underneath him, and he tumbled into the door. Painfully crawling his way back up he grumbled "This is going to get old, quickly."

(OOC: Romantic situation...GO.)

Diamond quickly ran over to help him up. "You alright ?" She asked, picking up the bits that had fallen over the floor. As she stood up with the bit's levitated around her...she found herself face to face with Harmonic. "I uh...heh heh."

• Brohoof 1

@

(Oh...my...)

It was funny thing, that under all his time in service under Light Diamond, Harmonic Tranquility had never paid much attention to her looks, always preferring to look into the distance or at the floor when they spoke. This was the first time he had properly looked her in the eye for any amount of time. Clearly he'd been missing out. 

Being completely unsure what to do in this awkward situation, he realised he had been staring into Diamonds eyes and quickly turned away with a pronounced gulp. It was all he could do to turn away, he was leaning against the wall as it was and his leg wasn't letting him go anywhere in a hurry. 

He chuckled nervously, his eyes caught in a bind between trying to get another look at her, and trying to avoid staring. "I...i'm alright, it's just a..." trailing off into a halt mid-sentence, he didn't realise he had lost the battle with himself and was now staring into her eyes once more. 

• Brohoof 1

@

(Oh...my...)

It was funny thing, that under all his time in service under Light Diamond, Harmonic Tranquility had never paid much attention to her looks, always preferring to look into the distance or at the floor when they spoke. This was the first time he had properly looked her in the eye for any amount of time. Clearly he'd been missing out. 

Being completely unsure what to do in this awkward situation, he realised he had been staring into Diamonds eyes and quickly turned away with a pronounced gulp. It was all he could do to turn away, he was leaning against the wall as it was and his leg wasn't letting him go anywhere in a hurry. 

He chuckled nervously, his eyes caught in a bind between trying to get another look at her, and trying to avoid staring. "I...i'm alright, it's just a..." trailing off into a halt mid-sentence, he didn't realise he had lost the battle with himself and was now staring into her eyes once more. 

After a moment of this, Diamond approached him and without a trace hesitation...she kissed him. She put her forelegs around him and closed her eyes, just wanting to enjoy the moment...which she hoped wouldn't end with him freaking out at her or something...

• Brohoof 1

@

(Why are all my characters in a similar situation to this?)

Harmonic's eyes opened wide and he recoiled slightly at first, either because Diamond had put her forelegs on his injury, or because he was again unsure of what to do - probably both. He didn't want to bolt and mess things up, but he wasn't too sure if he was comfy with this or not. He just stood there, and very slowly let himself settle into the kiss, leaving his eyes open as he stared off into the distance once more. 

@

(Why are all my characters in a similar situation to this?)

Harmonic's eyes opened wide and he recoiled slightly at first, either because Diamond had put her forelegs on his injury, or because he was again unsure of what to do - probably both. He didn't want to bolt and mess things up, but he wasn't too sure if he was comfy with this or not. He just stood there, and very slowly let himself settle into the kiss, leaving his eyes open as he stared off into the distance once more. 

After a moment...Diamond broke the kiss. She adjusted her coat and flicked her mane out of her face. "That was...um...very unprofessional of me." She said, standing up straight, blushing slightly. "My apologies." She said, shuffling her hooves slightly and taking a few steps away from Harmonic.

@,

Still rigid from uncertainty, he stood there with a slightly red cheeked look on his face, before he coughed and shook himself loose.

Ignoring the pain in his shoulder, he kept his attention on Diamond. "Professional? We're...we're pirates." His mind flashed back to his conversation with Fiera earlier when he made it clear he didn't see himself as a pirate.  "Diamond..." he hesitated a moment "it's...there's no need to..."

He looked at the floor and composed himself "ma'am, we do things for a reason. It's safe to assume that you wouldn't have made that move if there wasn't a desire to do so. There's no need to apologise for...our desires." He then made an attempt to give a smile - and not his normal smile that speaks volumes about his bodycount, but a warming smile. 

@,

Still rigid from uncertainty, he stood there with a slightly red cheeked look on his face, before he coughed and shook himself loose.

Ignoring the pain in his shoulder, he kept his attention on Diamond. "Professional? We're...we're pirates." His mind flashed back to his conversation with Fiera earlier when he made it clear he didn't see himself as a pirate.  "Diamond..." he hesitated a moment "it's...there's no need to..."

He looked at the floor and composed himself "ma'am, we do things for a reason. It's safe to assume that you wouldn't have made that move if there wasn't a desire to do so. There's no need to apologise for...our desires." He then made an attempt to give a smile - and not his normal smile that speaks volumes about his bodycount, but a warming smile. 

Diamond smiled slightly. "Our desires. Well i'll take that as a straight answer." She said, jokingly punching him in his good shoulder...Softly of course. "I think we better get to bed." She said, walking towards the door.

After a few minutes of tossing and turning. Rain got off the bed and lay down on the floor next to it. "I wont be getting used to that any time soon." He muttered, closing his eyes.

• Brohoof 1

@

He looked at the floor, still not overly confident with his feelings. He was...happy, at the events that had just unfolded, but at the same time he was confused. He hadn't felt an embrace like that for as long as he could remember...and from his captain? The mare who saved his life at least twice now? Something felt wrong about it all. 

"I'll get the crew to set up a night watch, I have some uh...some things to sort out in my room before I hit the hay."

He reached into his cloak to grab the bag of herbs he bought, but they weren't there...

• Brohoof 1

The shop was almost pitch black and  the only light was filtered in from the street. Copper fumbled with a match and struck it on a wall, causing it to sputter to life. "Hello?" He called as he walked all the way into the store, the building stayed quiet. Suddenly something caught his eye, sticking out awkwardly from behind the counter at the edge of his match-light bubble. Coming closer he realized that it was a ponies hoof, he leaned around the counter and found the body if the shopkeeper. From the looks of it he had taken a stray bullet to the head during the scuffle earlier. The con-pony was evil, but Copper couldn't help but pity his bad luck.

Unsure of what to do, Copper dragged the body out of the shop and left it by the side of the road where the garbage man would dispose of it. Copper yawned and suddenly realized how tired he was. He re-lit his match and walked back into the store to look around, in one corner of the room he saw a small bed. He didn't like the idea of a dead man's home, but it was better than sleeping on the streets. Copper climbed into the bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

@

He looked at the floor, still not overly confident with his feelings. He was...happy, at the events that had just unfolded, but at the same time he was confused. He hadn't felt an embrace like that for as long as he could remember...and from his captain? The mare who saved his life at least twice now? Something felt wrong about it all. 

"I'll get the crew to set up a night watch, I have some uh...some things to sort out in my room before I hit the hay."

He reached into his cloak to grab the bag of herbs he bought, but they weren't there...

Diamond nodded and was about to climb the ladder that led up to the deck unitl... "You ok ?" She asked, watching him reach for something that wasn't there. "You lost something ?" She trotted over and looked around for something maybe laying on the floor or...just something out of place.