Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Pirate Adventure Rp! (Steampunk Edition)

Alex Kennedy

@

Harmonic watched as Goldseek walked on, and he silently followed. He wasn't a conversationalist, as Fiera had earlier pointed out, and he preferred to keep quiet in new areas. Not that he was concerned what other ponies may have thought about him, he just didn't want to have to kill anypony for getting the wrong idea. 

Instead of talking, he just silently eyed the area, making a mental note of any particular landmarks and all the turns they passed or took. 

Diamond trotted into the tavern and sat down at the bar. "I'd like a glass of your finest wine please." She said to the bar tender who nodded and trotted off to a small room at the back.

*Maybe I should have heard Beacon out...no. He has screwed me over way to many times.* She thought, looking around at the other ponies in the bar.

@,

They took a few turns down the street until Goldseek noticed a sign that seemed to signify a herbalist. "Here we go. Would you like me to wait outside for you?" He didn't have anything better to do, so he was fine with anything at the moment. "Oh, and try not to kill everypony here. You're not the only pony who wants to have fun."

@

"My thanks, although it matters little to me should you choose to wait outside, or enter with me. I cannot rule your decisions." He stated as he stepped past Goldseek into the herbalists. "Such an out of place structure...how curious" he mused as he looked over the stock for what he wanted.

After about 5 minutes of heavily weighing up his options - what he could afford and what he needed, followed by another 5 minutes of mentally making a note of what he had back on the ship, what he needed, what he was going to be using the most of and several other factors, he made his purchase. To most ponies it would look to be a simple bag of leaves and roots, but to him...it was a variety of toxins and nerve poisons that he was only too eager to put to use. 

@,

Goldseek poked his head into the store after about 15 minutes. "You done yet?" Goldseek asked. "Ooh. What's in the bag?" He added, noticing the bag of plants. He asked the question half from curiosity, half from fear of who it was for. I mean, chances it was for him were rare, but, to Goldseek's surprise, plants seemed to be the main cause of his pain.

@

Now on his way out the store, bag of herbs in his mouth, Harmonic grinned at Goldseek's question. "For nosey or rebellious ponies. And for those who's time has come." He flung the bag under his cloak, and it just seemingly disappeared, much as everything else did that went under there. 

"And yes...I have finished now, we may venture forth." 

@,

"Very well." He smiled, still curious about the contents of the bag. He looked around and set off again, this time heading for the weapon-smith. They passed by the bar, where the captain was currently. He started to worry when he didn't see the smith, but then picked up the pace when he noticed the sign. He checked behind him to make sure Harmonic had kept up, then pushed open the door, entering the building.

@

"Not just a pretty face then I see" Harmonic laughed. "Go ahead, I remember you saying you wanted to come here first, so you should be served first. I'll be browsing their wares." With this, he trotted to one side of the shop, far away from the owner, and began looking at the array of weapons on the walls. "One would think it dangerous to leave such creations in the open." he said quietly as he levitated an axe much larger than his own down to his eye level. 

Goldseek nodded and walked up to the keeper and handed in his two scimitars. "I want these sharpened ASAP. And don't try to rip me off. I'll know." The shop keeper simply nodded, and went out the back to sharpen the blades. While waiting for his weapons, he started to browse the store's contents. When the storekeeper called him up again about ten minutes later, he was feeling something was suspicious. He took his scimitars back and returned them to their respective sheaths.

(OOC: Would getting mugged here be a little off topic, or is it fine?)

@

((I would imagine we can pretty much do what we like, so long as it's nothing totally story changing))

"That was fast" Harmonic noted as he turned around, approaching the shop owner. He pulled out his axe and lay it on the counter. 

"Make it happen." He growled. The shopkeeper looked at him a little gone-out.

"B-but it's already sharp?" He replied, unsure of what to do.

"Make. It. happen." Harmonic repeated, an edge of anger in his voice. 

The shopkeeper quickly took the axe and disappeared into the back. 

"What's wrong Goldseek? You look distracted."

Edited by Creeping Dusk

@,

(OOC: I probably read that OOC post wrong, but wutever.)

"Something seems off. One can only sharpen a sword so fast, let alone two. Don't worry. It's probably nothing." Despite this, he kept his guard up, ready to unsheathe his scimitars as soon as possible. He noticed movement in the corner of his eye. Which was odd, as he had thought they were the only ones in the store.

(OOC: Edit: Last post of the night.)

Edited by ~Regular aRegularPony~

@

(Edited it, probably makes a bit more sense now)

"It's always good to trust your instincts. I very often find my initial perception of a situation is very often the correct one. As a species we have a tendency to look past what we know, only to see what we would like." He replied, teasing his magic over his guns. He hadn't seen anything himself, but he was weary and eager to act. "Are you...displeased with the quality of your blade?"

@

Storm took another drink before gently placing his glass down. "Well that sure is an interesting story Shock. Mines quite different from yours I'm afraid." Storm looked into his glass and let out a low sigh. This was something that wasn't easy for him to say. "Well lets see I lost my parents when I was 10 to a band of pirates. After that I took up a life of crime stealing from everypony since nopony would take me in. I ended up starting a guild and boy were we the best there was." Storm chuckled at the last statement before getting a slightly depressed look. "But we got careless one day. I mean we knew being the most wanted criminals in town had its risks but we were the best we didn't think anyponny could stop us. One of our crew pulled me and my marefriend in the group away, he said he needed to talk. We thought it was sketchy but by the time we figured it all out and got back to the hideout everypony was dead. It didn't stop there the law waited for us and.my marefriend sacrificed herself so that I could escape." Storm finished the rest of his drink in one gulp before slamming it down on the table. "Once I'm strong enough I'm going back to kill that motherbucking traitor and the captain of the guard as payment for what they did."

The donkey trotted along the unfamiliar streets of Trotuga, guided only by the sparse directional signs posted along side buildings.  He spotted a few faces from the Vermilion Sky mingling about, checking shops and perusing through various odds and ends offered by street vendors.  His eyes came back to focus down the narrow street before him.  He noticed a brown earth pony making his way out of an old, seemingly abandoned building, with a look that Dinghy could only identify with as disgust.  The donkey did not think anything of it, and proceed down the street, following near illegible signs for the "Drunken Manticore".  He sung a verse of an old sailing shanty to himself as he finally came upon the tavern:

" I be sailin' by day

'an be drinkin' by night.

A fine ale in me hoof

will cure this 'ol sailpony's blight."

He made his way to the bar, humming the rest, making no eye contact with anyone else.

Edited by Halfblood

Diamond couldn't help but look at the bright orange pony sitting at another table.

He was talking about his life and how terrible it is. She smirked and sipped her wine which the waiter had just placed on the counter next to her. *Oh his life is so dreadful.* She thought, sarcastically.

@,

"Actually, I didn't check my weapons..." Almost immediately after unsheathing his swords, a dagger flew right over his shoulder. "Well, it seems we're not alone." He walked over to the blade and picked it up, studying it. He then threw it in the general direction it came from. "Not much point hiding back there, is there? How about you come out here?" He realized the mistake he made when he looked back to his scimitars to find they were blunt. "Buck." He watched as twenty or so ponies came from out the back of the sword-smith. Bandits. "Oh, you guys again?" He sighed.

@,

"Oh" Harmonic cracked his neck "this should be fun" he said with a laugh. "Friends of yours Goldseek? Something you're not telling us?" He asked, lifting his pistols up in front of him, facing the bandits. "It's your move guys, I have no plans on being mugged here today, but making a name for myself is a different matter." He laughed again, a slight alteration in his tone now - he sounded a little more insane. 

@@

Copper shook his head, things just kept getting worse and he couldn't take it any more. Finally giving in to the urge he decided to put aside his distaste for alcohol and pick something up at the Drunken Manticore, a strong cider perhaps.

It wasn't till he past through the market on his way did he find a problem. A huge gang of ponies had completely blocked of the road by the fraud weapon smith store, the place probably didn't have a whetstone in the basement, and if it did the shopkeeper certainly didn't know how to use it. Copper realized the only way around the gang was through, although that was like asking for a death warrant. He took a deep breath and tried to sound braver than he was. "Excuse me, but could you take this folly elsewhere? This is a street you know!"

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Shock took another sip and sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear about that. Well, if you ever find either of them, I could lend a hoof or a sword., if you know what I mean."

She took a gulp of her drink, and took a straw from her armor's pocket. She folded it into a bendy straw and put it in.

@,@,

Harmonic heard the stallion calling out, and evidently so did the other ponies. They went from standing there trying to be intimidating, and some of them turned around to look at the newcomer. Harmonic lowered his head and chuckled "wrong move" *bang - bang* he fired both of his pistols, downing two of the muggers immediately. He then rolled forward, smashing a vial of poison into one of their faces, sending him into violent spasms as he collapsed. Harmonic then had to jump backwards to avoid a swinging sword from slicing him open, sending him a little off balance as he slid back beside Goldseek. "You're up handsome, provided you can handle a blade, that is."  

Edited by Creeping Dusk

@

Copper dived to the side as gunshots fired from the other side of the group. 'Why does everything have to result in violence with these people?' He thought to himself trying desperately to avoid getting hit by stray bullets.

Cowering to the side of the mayhem he quickly he snapped open his briefcase and pulled from it an ornate clockwork revolver. He had no idea how to use it, but it was better than nothing if someone turned their hostility against him, something that was destined to happen if he couldn't get out of this mess.

@,

He smiled. "Like I said, I've been here before. Now then, at this point, I may as well be killing them with a butter knife." He said, gesturing to his blunt scimitars. "Not that I've never done that." He added, swinging at one of the bandits with his weapons. It knocked the pony out, but wasn't as satisfying as an actual kill. He kicked the attackers sword into his hoof, dropping one of his scimitars. "Much better." He exclaimed, swinging at yet another of the ponies.

Edited by ~Regular aRegularPony~

@,

It took Harmonic about 5 seconds to reload both of his pistols and fire them off again. He really shouldn't be enjoying this as much as he was. Letting his guns flop back by his side, he quickly jumped over one of the ponies and bucked him in the back of the head forcefully, sending him hurtling to the ground. 

Hearing a loud noise that he probably should have recognised he suddenly felt a burning sensation in his left shoulder. Looking over at it, he realised he had just been shot. "Well I can imagine that to be quite painful at the best of times" he said, his voice quite flat. Taking out a pair of kunai from his cloak, he threw them at the bandit with the gun and stabbed him in both of his shoulders. "Not so nice is it?" 

Edited by Creeping Dusk

Copper backed against a wall as one of the gang ponies approached him. He frantically waved the small revolver at the unwavering pony. "Stay back! I will shoot! I am... Really dangerous and... Crazy!" He rambled as the pony just smirked and walked towards him, sensing Copper's cowardice, slowly drawing a cutlass from his side as went to brandished it in Copper's face. With no other options Copper squinted his eyes shut and fired the weapon.

A loud bang signaled it safe for Copper to open one eye. The threatening pony lay on the ground, gurgling as he choked on his own blood. The shot had gone directly through his chest and from the looks of it punctured a lung. Copper bent down and put the revolver against the dying ponies head, putting him out of his misery.

He looked up. There was only a small number of gang ponies left and thy were preoccupied with the the two that had fired the first shots. Copper shrunk back praying he wouldn't be noticed again, he wanted no more blood on his hooves

• Brohoof 1

Diamond glanced out the window at the sound of gunshots. She couldn't help but smile. Just a little ways down the road there was a large group of bandits approaching Harmonic and Goldseek. She picked up her drink and stepped just outside the door to watch. "Oh I do love a good fight." She muttered, swirling her wine around in the glass.