Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies Changing The Definition Of Masculinity

King

Watch this first, then I shall provide my personal insights into the matter.

This is simply one of the best explanations of the Brony community i have ever seen. This guys definitely knows what he is talking about.

There is nothing "wrong" about the Brony community.

We run charities,make music,art,videos and animate things.

We Liven up the world with Love and tolerance (Hopefully) and (imo) we are one of the kindest communities out there right now.

Some ponies ruin this by spamming pony pics, giving us bad names, but in my eyes we are kind people with a passion for a show that teaches values that we can only wish for the world to hold close.

"Everypony Equal"

"Love and Tolerance"

"Friendship Is Magic"

We aren't a bunch of silly immature men and women....

We are Bronies...

And Im proud to say it, and to be one ^_^

• Brohoof 2

What's unmasculent about ponies? I have no idea, and we are NOT changeing it, because it deserves to stay the same. Just cause a few million people like a show about horses and their AWESOME adventures, it atomacically assumes that the term masculinity has to change? Makes no sense.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

(edited)

The sooner society at large gets over its tiresome fixation on binary gender divisions in popular culture, the better. I note three things about the "masculinity" discussion as it relates to MLP:FiM.

-Exactly 100 percent of the people questioning the masculinity of bronies have never, ever watched a frame of the show.

-Exactly 100 percent of the people questioning the masculinity of bronies have no idea just how large and diverse the fandom is, and haven't even realized that they probably know people that ARE bronies.

-*Most* of the people questioning the masculinity of bronies have absolutely no problem at all with girls liking male-targeted entertainment. ("A girl that likes first-person shooters and Batman movies? THAT'S SO AWESOME, RIGHT???")

The entire discussion is based on faulty premises and blatant double standards. Best to just not pretend that the "masculinity" question is a valid one; we all know it's not.  B)

Edited by Bhending the Rules

The video is a pretty darn awesome explanation of the community for the uninitiated, but I look forward to the day when these sorts of videos are no longer necessary.

To paraphrase Mystique from X-Men: First Class: "Brony, and proud!"

Well considering many bronies are here because of the show (like me) which makes it wrong to target those who is here for 'the plot' which many of those who watches the show are, for me i watch it for the plot... The happiness and generaly the hope it gave me... Thats why we stick together like one we share the happiness in each of us.

Regardless of what anyone thinks.. others still view the show as childish and immature. Given, they (the haters/older crowd) don't have "time" to listen..

I personally dont mind it, as im a fan of the show and will enjoy it.