Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All for one and one for all

Titan Rising

I'm curious what this age old quote means to you guys.  I always liked it but I guess I never really interpreted it as seriously as I do now.

To me it is the essence between friends.  It means I will give everything for you, and I know you all will give everything for me.  In life and in death to fight alongside one another no matter the consequences.  For "friends" to believe anything less, I think, is an insult to the bond they pretend to have.

I almost feel like a poet.  Na just kidding, I am a literary genius.

I guess some people might just believe in the "all for one" part or the "one for all" part, but when I see people advocating just one or the other I just think to myself...

35849892.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, I interpret the quote like this. "We all fight for freedom, and once achieving this freedom we all get a bit of it." It's a pretty good quote IMO.

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

All the members of a group support each of the individual members, and the individual members pledge to support the group........
Basically it means All have one common goal, that all are working for, so they will work together to reach that goal. It's a great motto for teamwork and the ability to get things done if all on a team work for it.

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno" is the Latin phrase that it originated from.

I think of it like this....

If we devote ourselves to being there for others, than they will be there for us....

Dunno why, but I always liked the quote ^_^

(edited)

All the members of a group support each of the individual members, and the individual members pledge to support the group........

Basically it means All have one common goal, that all are working for, so they will work together to reach that goal. It's a great motto for teamwork and the ability to get things done if all on a team work for it.

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno" is the Latin phrase that it originated from.

Really? I thought it originated from the three musketeers in france lol.

With respect to teamwork I think it sort of highlights the idea that you're only as good as your worst member.  Or something like that. Basically everyone should try to help make everyone better.  [not advocating communism]

I think of it like this....

If we devote ourselves to being there for others, than they will be there for us....

Dunno why, but I always liked the quote  ^_^

But...  that makes it sound like you only do things so other people will be there for you lol

Edited by Hollowshield

Really? I thought it originated from the three musketeers in france lol.

With respect to teamwork I think it sort of highlights the idea that you're only as good as your worst member.  Or something like that. Basically everyone should try to help make everyone better.  [not advocating communism]

But...  that makes it sound like you only do things so other people will be there for you lol

Alexandre Dumas used it as the motto for the 3 Musketeers. But it has been around for awhile. At is the official motto of Switzerland at least I remember it was. I know it appears in several other languages like in French. My french is not great anymore. Its probably something like "Un pour tous et tous pour un" Ah my French, maybe a Canadian can help me out with that. :D

• Brohoof 1