Alicorn Issues [Don't worry, this isn't about Twilight]

The Ponyville Critic

If you are wondering, this section is for feedback and suggestions for MLP Fourms.

However, to answer your question, many people are against Alicorn OC'S, so I'd refrain from it :)

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think it would be that bad.There are probaly alot of allicorns around equestria who hide in the shadows that don't wanna be royalty. I mean, out of all the allicorns in equestria,only 4 of them? I doupt that.

I don't think it would be that bad.There are probaly alot of allicorns around equestria who hide in the shadows that don't wanna be royalty. I mean, out of all the allicorns in equestria,only 4 of them? I doupt that.

Alicorns are generally depicted as overpowered... Which is why most people do not like Alicorn OC's. There are 4 on the show for a reason-they are supposed to be overpowered royalty.

That's my opinion on the matter. Please, don't. Just make a pegasus, earth pony, or unicorn.

So long as it's well written and with checks to keep it in balance, I doubt anyone would care if it was royal or not. I don't mind alicorns, so if you want to make one go ahead. Just pay attention to its background, personality, and strengths and weaknesses, you don't want to make a Mary Sue afterall.

You know I have been thinking about this.

What if there is an Alicorn out there who is considered royalty, but doesn't want to be royalty. If its written well an episode can be done about it, but at the same time I feel that it seems unlikely.

Well, the only issues are they are basically overpowered in people's minds, that's why they say don't use alicorn OC's. Good thing it is not about Twilight, and well basically alicorns are overpowered. That is the only issue I see.

My fanfic has an alicorn OC, but he's not overpowered and gets horribly pwned by the baddie. The mane six eventually go on to defeat the baddie in the end.

I think that it is possible to write a good alicorn character, but you must be careful cuz you need to be even more vigilent than when you write an earth pony, pegasus or unicorn; basically, you have to make sure you haven't created a Mary Sue. Your alicorn can't be all powerful and with no faults.

My Alicorn grew up in Manehattan with parents who didn't exactly love her. So she was never able to learn to use magic or fly and nobody could understand how she was an Alicorn so they avoided her, she never had any friends. It's kinda sad and not at all overpowered.

I think it's sort of been confirmed, but at the same time, not really? All we've heard them say, in response to Twilight getting wings is "You look like a princess." However, the only alicorns we've seen thus far are princesses. That doesn't mean that the only ones who can be alicorns are princesses, necessarily. I don't think the lore is defined enough to say whether there could be a non-royal alicorn.

Also, my OC is an alicorn.

FANMADE_RD_deal_with_it.jpg

I don't do alicorn OC's. Just because they're totally unoriginal  and the show has never explained what it means to be an alicorn. Neither of the originals (Celestia and Luna) are really relateable characters. Cadence is a little better but still kind of vanilla and overpowered. So there's not really a place to start from, you just have to make something up.

I wish they'd never made the word "alicorn" canon, to be quite honest with you. It just sounds wrong.