Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Misleading Movie Trailers

8bitBrony

Have you ever seen a trailer for a film and then see the actual film and notice the trailer isn't even close to how the film really is or it's just not as good as you thought was going to be?

For me it's The Sprit

When I saw the teaser trailer for the first time, I got really hyped for the movie I thought It was going to be the most awesome thing ever.
Then a year later it finally came out in theaters, I finally got to see the movie I waited so long to see
but instead of a awesome movie, I got the worst movie of all time.

The trailer may have been misleading, but it was 100 times better than the actual movie.

I don't know about any real trailers, but here's an epic re-cut trailer for The Shining that makes it seems like a feel-good family comedy.

Imagine showing this trailer to someone who hasnt seen or heard of The Shining, then showing them the actually movie, That would be the funniest thing ever.

Seven psychopaths

The trailer made it seem that the movie was a feel good dark comedy. but in fact its just not. it is funny but is not the focus like the trailer portrait. I got a hipped for a comedy and I got a good story based movie with half the jokes spoiled.

and then also

The Raven

One of the biggest let downs. The trailer made it seem like a Sherlock homes-est smart movie. Could not be further from the truth. Makes me sad just thinking about it.

Flight of the Living Dead, it didn't really give the feel that zombie movies would give me. I have basically seen a lot of zombie movies but, that one disappointed me.

Tangled.

The trailers made it seem like a crazy comedy fairy-tale spoof trying to be the next Shrek. It was nothing like that, t'was actually a genuine fairy tale Disney movie I actually enjoyed!