Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Adventures in Ponyville

Umbral Noir

"Well, Sport," DJ said. "Although I hope your team does well in the match tomorrow, I still have to support the Yankees today!" he chuckled. "I did come from here, so I have to at lest support them today! I still hope your team wins tomorrow though!"

Sport chuckled, "It's all good DJ. I'm just gonna sit back and have a good time and thank you. Can't wait to get back on the field."

On the way, DJ spotted a pony that was selling nachos and salsa, as well as fizzy drinks. "Awesome!" DJ said. He went over to the salespony and bought himself a large drink and large nachos. When he came back, he grinned at his friends. "Well, all I can say is... I love food!"

Flare overheard them talking about baseball. "I really dont care who wins to tell the truth like I said im not a big fan of baseball" Flare said as he saw DJ come back with food. "Well at least someone can get something to eat..." Flare said as he heard his stomach grumble. "I should have gotten a job before this even started so I would at least have some bits" Flare said as he got up. "I'll be right back" Flare said as he left the stadium. "I just need to trot around a bit" Flare said as he trotted around the streets of Manehattan.

Sport smiled as he went to purchase a soda. "Who doesn't DJ?" Sport said and they all laughed. They got to their seats and all sat down. In between Sport was Twinkle Bloom and DJ and in front of him was his coach and some of his teammates. "Oh hey coach!" Sport said. "Sport! Glad to see you here! How are you and your friends?" Coach Pony LaRussa asked. "Pretty good! Here to scout too?" He asked. "Yeah, he just got here about an hour ago." Apple Pujols said. "Cool!" Sport said. "You have a good time and be ready for tomorrow kiddo." Coach said. "You bet!" Sport said. "Oh by the way, do your friends need tickets for tomorrow's Cardinals-Yankees game?" Coach asked. Sport then thought, "I hope Flare comes back soon. Don't want him missing the game."

((100th reply on the RP))

Edited by Sonicrules831

DJ was looking forward to the game. It had been a while since he had been to a baseball game, and he was now about to see his favourite team playing a match! Even better, he had a full box of nachos and a large fizzy drink sitting next to him. What could be better?

DJ had been a fan of baseball since he was a young colt, when his father first took him to see a game the Yankies were playing at their stadium. He loved being part of the large crowd for once, not standing on a stage playing records in front of them all the time! He had always been a dedicated supporter of the Yankies, but now he wondered whether he should support the Yankies in tomorrow's match, or Sport and his team. He decided to pick friends over favourites, since his friends were very dear to him.

DJ turned to Sport. "So, Sport. Who do you think will win the game today? Personally, I'm hoping for the Yankies. What do you think?" DJ asked him. 

Flare still hadn't come back. DJ was wondering if Flare was going to make it back in time, because the game started really soon!

• Brohoof 1

DJ had been a fan of baseball since he was a young colt, when his father first took him to see a game the Yankies were playing at their stadium. He loved being part of the large crowd for once, not standing on a stage playing records in front of them all the time! He had always been a dedicated supporter of the Yankies, but now he wondered whether he should support the Yankies in tomorrow's match, or Sport and his team. He decided to pick friends over favourites, since his friends were very dear to him.

DJ turned to Sport. "So, Sport. Who do you think will win the game today? Personally, I'm hoping for the Yankies. What do you think?" DJ asked him.

"Hmm, the Orioles came off a pretty good season last year beating Dodge Junction in the WildCard round. The Yankees, although some players like Mike Mulessina, Derek AppleJeter and Andy Petipony are getting old, they have some gas left in their tanks." Sport told DJ. "Should be a good game though. I'll root for the Yankees if you want." Sport said with a smile. "I don't mind if you root for the Yankees. It's not my decision it's yours. Root for anyone you want. You're still my friend." Sport told DJ giving him a brohoof.

"I wonder where Flare is, the game is starting really soon." DJ said. "I'm not sure. His seat is getting cold. I'm just saying." Sport said. "Maybe he had to do something really quick, I don't know." Twinkle Bloom said.

A few minutes later, Andy Petipony came on the mound for warmups. Nate McCloud led off for the Orioles. Jason Haymmel started for the Orioles. Adamule Jones hit a 2-Run homerun in the 1st. Then Travis Hayfner drove in Alpony Rodriguez and Curtis Granderpony in for a 2 RBI in the 5th. Nate McCloud drove in an RBI in the 5th. Andy Petipony went 7 innings with 7 strikeouts and 3 Earned Runs. Joba Champerpony came in to pitch in the 8th and Poniaro Rivera closing out the 9th after Verpony Wells hit a homerun in the bottom of the 8th. The Yankees won 5-4 over the Orioles. 

DJ was happy seeing his team win. Sport and DJ bro-hugged. "Congrats on the win, lets see what happens tomorrow." Sport said. "You bet man!" DJ said. "Alright Sport. I will see you in the morning and be ready to play." Coach LaRussa smiled at Sport. "Definitely coach!" Sport said. "Now we gotta find Flare." DJ said. "Yep, I know he isn't hooked with baseball, but ya know." Sport added.

Edited by Sonicrules831

"I wonder where Flare is, the game is starting really soon." DJ said. "I'm not sure. His seat is getting cold. I'm just saying." Sport said. "Maybe he had to do something really quick, I don't know." Twinkle Bloom said.

Flare went around talking to other people he met when he came here once. "It's been forever since I last saw him...I was surprised he remembered" Flare said as he left someplace that his old friend used to live.

DJ was happy seeing his team win. Sport and DJ bro-hugged. "Congrats on the win, lets see what happens tomorrow." Sport said. "You bet man!" DJ said. "Alright Sport. I will see you in the morning and be ready to play." Coach LaRussa smiled at Sport. "Definitely coach!" Sport said. "Now we gotta find Flare." DJ said. "Yep, I know he isn't hooked with baseball, but ya know." Sport added.

Flare headed back to the stadium seeing that the baseball game was over game was over. "Was I really gone that long...wow" Flare said before he ran into someone. "Sorry....what was wrong with him" Flare said looking behind him a bit before he started walking again till he saw Sport.

• Brohoof 1

Flare went around talking to other people he met when he came here once. "It's been forever since I last saw him...I was surprised he remembered" Flare said as he left someplace that his old friend used to live

Flare headed back to the stadium seeing that the baseball game was over game was over. "Was I really gone that long...wow" Flare said before he ran into someone. "Sorry....what was wrong with him" Flare said looking behind him a bit before he started walking again till he saw Sport.

"Hey Flare." Sport said. "Sorry I was gone that long. I met up with a few ponies I met before and such. Sorry." Flare said. "It's ok bud, I know you're not into baseball, it's ok. You can see me play the Yankees tomorrow. No worries!" Sport said smiling. "Thanks because I really don't have any money." Flare said. Sport gave him 50 bits. "How's that? That should help you for now until we get back to Ponyville. I hope it's enough." Sport said.

Flare smiled and thanked him. Then Sport turned to DJ, so DJ what do you want to do now. Should we head to a hotel and rest?" Sport asked DJ.

"Hey Flare." Sport said. "Sorry I was gone that long. I met up with a few ponies I met before and such. Sorry." Flare said. "It's ok bud, I know you're not into baseball, it's ok. You can see me play the Yankees tomorrow. No worries!" Sport said smiling. "Thanks because I really don't have any money." Flare said. Sport gave him 50 bits. "How's that? That should help you for now until we get back to Ponyville. I hope it's enough." Sport said.

Flare smiled and thanked him. Then Sport turned to DJ, so DJ what do you want to do now. Should we head to a hotel and rest?" Sport asked DJ.

“Well,” said DJ, “I was thinking of going back to Ponyville this evening and come back by train in the morning. I… uhhh… have some stuff to do… Oh! That’s right! I was gonna bring some of my records back from my apartment here in Manehattan over to Ponyville. I just don’t have time to do that normally. There’s a good hotel just down the street from here, if you would like to go there. “The Galloping Saddle.” It does great breakfasts! I’m afraid I’ll have to go if I’m to catch the next train to Ponvyille, but I’ll see you all again tomorrow! Bye everypony!”

DJ trotted off to his small apartment in the main part of Manehattan. After he had picked up a few of his favourite records and put them in his saddlebags. He looked at his watch and saw the time. “Oh hay!” he thought. “The train leaves in 10 minutes!” He dashed outside, took off and flew quickly to the station.

• Brohoof 1

“Well,” said DJ, “I was thinking of going back to Ponyville this evening and come back by train in the morning. I… uhhh… have some stuff to do… Oh! That’s right! I was gonna bring some of my records back from my apartment here in Manehattan over to Ponyville. I just don’t have time to do that normally. There’s a good hotel just down the street from here, if you would like to go there. “The Galloping Saddle.” It does great breakfasts! I’m afraid I’ll have to go if I’m to catch the next train to Ponvyille, but I’ll see you all again tomorrow! Bye everypony!”

DJ trotted off to his small apartment in the main part of Manehattan. After he had picked up a few of his favourite records and put them in his saddlebags. He looked at his watch and saw the time. “Oh hay!” he thought. “The train leaves in 10 minutes!” He dashed outside, took off and flew quickly to the station.

"Ok, we'll stay the night there then. See you in the morning DJ." Sport said. As DJ left the others went to the Galloping Saddle and got rooms. Sport, Twinkle Bloom and Falre got one room and SkyeRibbon and QuickJet stayed in another room and Windy and Elyssa got separate rooms.

When he got back to Ponyville, DJ unpacked his records had something to eat and got ready to go out. It would soon be sundown. He went outside and flew back into Ponyville.

When he landed, he trotted up to Vinyl Scratch's front door. "Come on, DJ." he said to himself. "You can do this!" He then raised his hood and knocked against the door.

He heard a "COMING!" shouted from upstairs followed by the sound of hooves making their way towards the front door. The door opened, and there was Vinyl Scratch. "Oh, hey DJ!" she said, smiling. "I didn't expect to see you again so soon!"

"Hey Vinyl!" he replied. "I was just wondering..." he hesitated, scratching the back of his head with his hoof. "It's such a nice evening... that I was wondering if you wanted to come for a walk with me?"

"Sure!" Vinyl replied happily. "It's a nice evening. I'd love to! Lead the way!" So they began to trot off down the road together. "So, what's new with you today, DJ?" Vinyl asked him. "Done anything interesting?"

"Well, I was down in Manehattan today with my friends," DJ replied. He then told her the whole story up to his kidnapping. "So you did what?!" Vinyl said to him as he told her about the torture room. "That's hilarious! I can't believe someone would fall for that! You sure seem to get into quite a lot of trouble," she said, laughing.

They had now reached a small hill overlooking Ponyville, with Canterlot in the distance. The sun was beginning to set. They both stopped to look at the beautiful scene. " Wow!" DJ said as he propped his sunglasses up on his forehead. "Princess Celestia is sure doing a fine job tonight! The sunset is amazing!" He then remembered the gift he had bought Vinyl. "Oh, Vinyl, I almost forgot! I saw this in Manehattan and thought you might like it." He took out the necklace he had bought in the shop in Manehattan and gave it to her.

"Whoa! DJ, this is awesome!" Vinyl exclaimed. "Thank you so much!" DJ blushed, but the glow of the sunset hid it from Vinyl. "I'm... umm... glad you like it, Vinyl." DJ replied.

After they had been walking for a while and talking to one another, they finally went back to Vinyl's house. As DJ was leaving, Vinyl turned to him and smiled. "Thanks, DJ. I really enjoyed that walk. I hope we can do it again some time."

"No problem!" DJ replied. "I'm glad you enjoyed it! I would love to do this again too!"

"Well, goodnight, DJ." Vinyl said. She walked up to him and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "See you soon!" She smiled at him, turned around and trotted inside. As she closed the door, DJ's mouth fell open. He stood there, as still as a statue, before he raised a hoof to his cheek. Did she just...?

After a few moments standing like this, he turned around spread out his wings and flew off home. As he was flying, a wide grin spread over his face. He then spun in the air and cried out "She likes me! She really likes me! Yippee!" The day could not get any better than this!

• Brohoof 1

((D'awwww))

Meanwhile Sport and Twinkle Bloom were in their room relaxing with Flare. Sport looked outside the window, he could easily see Yankee Stadium in the distance. Twinkle Bloom walked up to Sport. "Hey sweetie?" She asked. "Yes?" Sport replied. "You ok?" "Yeah I'm fine." Sport said. "Just tired." "Are you sure?" She asked. "Yes." Sport replied. "Well, Central Park is over there. Wanna take a walk through there?" She asked. "Sure." Sport smiled. "Hey Flare, wanna come?" He asked. "Ok." He said. Sport also invited the others to come.

So they all went to Central Park and took a nice relaxing walk through the park in the sunset. They came to a resting point at a large lake. Sport and Twinkle Bloom sat on a bench looking at the city lights as they began to light up. "Wow Twinkle Bloom, this was a great idea!" Sport said. "I know right? It's nice to get out of the hotel and see the city." She said. "I couldn't agree more." Sport said blushing. They looked at each other and then kissed. Windy Runner caught them and proceeded to go "WOOT!" They let go. Twinkle Bloom felt a little embarrassed but Sport played along. He turned to him and smirked. "Ahh, good timing." He said as they laughed. Twinkle Bloom then giggled a little.

They got back to the hotel later on and went to bed. The next morning, they went downstairs and ate breakfast. Afterward they went to the train station to meet up with DJ. Sport in the mean time went to Yankee Stadium to prepare his afternoon matchup.

• Brohoof 1

So they all went to Central Park and took a nice relaxing walk through the park in the sunset. They came to a resting point at a large lake. Sport and Twinkle Bloom sat on a bench looking at the city lights as they began to light up. "Wow Twinkle Bloom, this was a great idea!" Sport said. "I know right? It's nice to get out of the hotel and see the city." She said. "I couldn't agree more." Sport said blushing. They looked at each other and then kissed. Windy Runner caught them and proceeded to go "WOOT!" They let go. Twinkle Bloom felt a little embarrassed but Sport played along. He turned to him and smirked. "Ahh, good timing." He said as they laughed. Twinkle Bloom then giggled a little.

They got back to the hotel later on and went to bed. The next morning, they went downstairs and ate breakfast. Afterward they went to the train station to meet up with DJ. Sport in the mean time went to Yankee Stadium to prepare his afternoon matchup.

As Flare woke up he went outside and looked up into the sky. "I haven't flew in a while maybe I should" Flare said as he went downstairs and got breakfast. After that he went with the others to the Train station. "I guess we heading on back to Ponyville now" Flare said.

DJ woke up. This had been the first time he hadn’t been dreaming about the creature for a while. He had had the best night’s sleep, with dreams about himself and Vinyl. He trotted downstairs and had a quick breakfast, before flying to the train station. He was just in time to catch the train before it left for Manehattan.

When the train arrived at Manehattan, DJ hopped cheerfully out of his carriage. There he met the group at the platform. “Hey guys!” he said to them cheerfully. “Did everypony get a good night’s sleep?” He seemed overly cheerful this morning, a permanent grin on his face. Yesterday had been one of the best days of his life, nothing could have spoiled it for him. Even being kidnapped hadn’t been too much of a problem for DJ!

DJ was looking forward to the game. One of his best friends was playing a tough game against his favourite baseball team. While he was a big Yankees fan, DJ was supporting Sport this time, because he would rather his friend to win the game than the Yankees, even if they were his favourite team.

• Brohoof 1

The group arrived to Yankee Stadium, Sport was already there for batting practice. After his round, he went to the fans that came from Ponyville to sign autographs. "Hey Sport! Over here!" DJ said. "Hey guys!" Sport said high-hoofing them and kissing his wife. "I'm glad you all came." Sport said. "Game starts in an hour, after the game you all can head back with the team if you want." Sport said. "Sounds good!" DJ said.

The stadium continued to fill. It was game time, a rematch from Opening Day! The Ponyville Cardinals vs. the Mannehattan Yankees, two historic baseball clubs clashing. Mike Mulssina has the start for the Yankees, Sport will leadoff in right field. The Yankees took the field. Sport stood at the batters circle looking at Mulssina, one of the most dominant pitchers, yet he was nearing the end of his career as well. "Alright kid, just continue what you're doing." Coach said. "Got it!" Sport answered with confidence. Sport walked up to the plate. "Alright, play ball!" The umpire said. Mulssina readied his throw, wound up and threw. Sport dug back and swung, CRACK! The ball went flying the deep center field. He ran past first, to second and stopped for a double. "Way to go Sport!" DJ yelled. "Great hit!" Twinkle Bloom said. Jon Jay walked up to the plate, he attempted to bunt. As Mulssina wound up, Sport took off and by the time Jay hit it, he was halfway to 2nd base and made it easily. Apple Pujols hit into a double play but Sport scored to make it 1-0.

In the 3rd inning, Sport was back up again. The score was 1-1 after AdamsApple Wainwright gave up a homerun to Alpony Rodriguez. Mulssina threw the first pitch too low to call a strike. Ball. The next pitch was down the middle but inside. Ball 2. The next pitch was a slider that never moved. Sport saw it and took advantage by sending the ball into the left field stands for a leadoff homerun. 2-1 Cardinals. Wainwright then proceeded to shut the Yankees offence down by not giving up a hit since. Sport came back up with a 4-0 score in the 5th. Coltos Beltran hit a 2 run RBI in the 3rd. Mulssina finally managed to settle down on Sport. Ball, Strike, Ball, Strike, Ball. 3-2 count. The pitch was inside but Sport still managed to get a piece of it by sending it just past DerekApple Jeter for a single.

In the 8th with a 5-0 score, Sport came right back up on the first pitch and slammed it to the center field wall. He ran all the way to third but was held up. He didn't know this, but he just became the first rookie to hit for the cycle on Opening Week and in ELB history. The crowd gave him a standing ovation. He looked at the scoreboard and saw his accomplishment. "Nice job kid." Alpony Rodriguez told him. "Thanks." Sport said. He felt speechless, he just raised his helmet like usual hitters do after a homerun. "Way to go!" DJ said. "I'm proud of you sweetie!" Twinkle Bloom said. Sport smiled. The scored ended 6-1 Cardinals. Sport was player of the game.

As the stadium cleared out, his friends and wife came onto the field. "That was incredible!" Windy Runner said. "Thanks, I didn't even realize I was going for the cycle." He chuckled. Then, one of ELB's biggest reporter, Canni Soda came to interview him. "I'm here with Sport, who has become the first rookie to hit for the cycle in ELB history! How do you feel?" She asked. "It feels amazing. I just told my friends here that I didn't even realize it until the announcer said it. I was like, 'Really?'" He laughed. Then catcher Yadier Mulina ran up to Sport and gave him the biggest rookie tradition in ELB history. PIE TO THE FACE. They all laughed. "I always wanted this to happen actually!" Sport laughed. "Congratulations Sport and keep up the good work!" She said. "Thanks!" Sport said wiping the pie off his face. "I love those moments!" DJ laughed. "Yeah." Sport smiled.

Afterwards, they all cleaned up and boarded the train back to Ponyville, it was 4:39pm. They all sat together and talked. "So Sport, when's your next game?" Flare asked. "The Crystal Empire Reds come to Ponyville tomorrow for 2 games. Should be fun. They're off to a good start in their first year back. They were the Crystal Mountain Reds until the Crystal Empire came back. First team to ever form in the ELB." Sport said. "Wow! I hear Joey Coltto is really good!" Twinkle Bloom said. "Yeah, he was 2010 MVP." He replied. Later on, the train arrived at Ponyville and they got off. "See you guys later!" Sport said. "See you bud!" DJ said. "Catch you later!" Flare said. "If you all want to hang at the Cider Barrel again tonight, just let me know!" Windy said. Sport and Twinkle Bloom went home and napped for an hour.

Back in Ponyville, as the group disbanded, DJ went off home. The game had been great, and Sport had played fantastically. DJ was feeling great. It was a beautiful sunny day, the birds were singing and DJ was looking forward to spending the day with somepony in particular…

He went home and had something to eat. He then took a shower and got ready to leave. He then thought of one of his records that Vinyl might like. He then went outside and flew off to Vinyl’s house. When he knocked on the door, a grey earth pony with long black hair opened it. “Yes?” she said in a sophisticated tone.

“Oh!” DJ exclaimed. “I was, uhh... looking to see if Vinyl Scratch was in. Did I come to the wrong house?” The grey pony laughed. “Oh, hahaha! Sorry! I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Vinyl’s housemate. My name is Octavia.” A small smile spread across her face. “I’m guessing you’re the pony who Vinyl’s been talking non-stop about then. Hold on, I’ll get her for you.” Octavia walked back into the house. “Vinyl! Your coltfriend’s here!” Octavia called out, laughing as she did so. DJ blushed at this. When Vinyl came to the door, DJ saw that she was also blushing.

“Ummm… hey Vinyl!” DJ said, trying to break away from the awkwardness created by Octavia. “I thought I’d just drop by!” Vinyl smiled. “Cool!” She said. “Would you like to come in?” As they went inside, they heard the sound of a cello playing upstairs. “Oh, that’s just Octavia,” Vinyl explained. “She’s a very ‘refined’ musician. Our taste in music is really different, but she’s still my best friend.”

DJ then remembered the record. “Oh, Vinyl! I brought you this. It’s one of my favourite records: “Discovery” by Daft Pony. I hope you like it!” He then gave Vinyl the record. “Wow! Thanks! I love Daft Pony!” she said. “How about we play it on my sound system? I wanna try it out right now!” Vinyl and DJ trotted over to the sound system and Vinyl used her magic to put the record on the turntable.

As the record started, they listened to the songs one by one, nodding their heads to the beat, smiling and enjoying the music. Then, the third song came on. DJ realised what the song was, since he has been listening to this album a lot. It was his favourite song, "Digital love". The music started, as DJ closed his eyes, smiled and began to sing along to the song. 

"Last night, I had a dream about you.
In this dream, I'm dancing right beside you,
And it looked like everyone was having fun, 
The kind of feeling, I waited so long...

Don't stop, come a little closer, 
As we jam, the rhythm gets stronger.
There's nothing wrong, with just a little but of fun, 
We were dancing, the whole night long. 

The time is right to put my hooves around you,
You're feeling right, you wrap your hooves around to,
But suddenly, I feel the shining sun,
Before I know, the dream was all gone."

At this point in the song, DJ opened his eyes and found Vinyl staring deeply into them.

"Oh! I don't know what to do, about this dream and you! I wish this dream comes true..."

They looked into each other's eyes, as they leaned closer to one another. The two ponies closed their eyes their faces got closer and closer together, then...

"Well, you two seem to be having fun!" said a voice behind them. Vinyl and DJ both jumped, and Vinyl fell over, knocking the record off and stopping the music. "Oops, sorry!" said Octavia. "I didn't mean to interrupt you two in, whatever you were up to! Carry on, you make such a cute couple!" Octavia grinned and trotted back upstairs to play her cello.

"Well..." said Vinyl, slightly embarrassed by Octavia's interruption. "Uhhh..." said DJ, also feeling rather embarrassed. "Maybe we should take a walk..." Vinyl agreed as they both trotted outside into the warm afternoon sunshine.

DJ and Vinyl trotted through Ponyville, talking and laughing in the bright sunny weather. A few ponies passed them by and giggled or smiled knowingly to one another as they saw them together, but the two didn't even notice. 

They then came to the hill they had stopped at the day before to watch the sunset. There, they sat on the grass and talked about their favourite music, hobbies and friends. DJ learned that Vinyl and Octavia had been good friends for a long time, despite their very obvious differences, and that they were nearly inseparable.

Vinyl asked DJ at one point what it was like to fly. "Well, it's certainly fun to be able to fly and travel anywhere really fast, but I prefer the ground." he replied. "Why's that?" asked Vinyl, slightly puzzled. "Some of my best friends are earth ponies and... unicorns." he told her, smiling. 

The sun was starting to set, it again cast a beautiful orange glow over the landscape. Celestia must have known it was a special day for DJ, because the sunset was even more beautiful than the day before. "Vinyl." DJ said. "I've been wondering, what did Octavia mean earlier, about, you know, us? She said you had been talking a lot about me." 

At this Vinyl blushed, she propped up her sunglasses and looked at DJ with her sparkling red eyes. "Well..." she mumbled. "Yes?" asked DJ. "Well, first could you take off your sunglasses, DJ?" she asked him. He took them off and she looked into his icy blue eyes. "Well..." she continued. "You see, it's like this..." Vinyl then closed her eyes and kissed DJ. His eyes widened in surprise, but slowly closed as the shock wore off. They stayed there for a few seconds before Vinyl broke off the kiss. 

"Wow... Vinyl, I had know idea you liked me this much..." said DJ to her. Vinyl blushed and smiled at him. "Of course I do, DJ. How could I not like you?" 

When DJ heard this, he smiled. "If that's true Vinyl, would you like to maybe go out with me?" Vinyl's eyes lit up. "I would love to!" she said, as she looked at him happily. They smiled at each other, and began to trot happily back into Ponyville, as the first stars began to appear.
  • Brohoof 1

Meanwhile, Sport woke up from his nap. He felt refreshed. Twinkle Bloom woke up as well. "Hey sunshine, how are you." Sport said snuggling her. "I'm good. You?" Twinkle Bloom said smiling. "I feel refreshed." Sport said. "I'm going over to my animal care center to take care of the animals." She said. "Ok, I'm probably gonna go on a walk. Maybe hit the cages." Sport said. "You should go to the Cider Barrel. You can meet plenty of fans and make you a good pony for the community." She said. "You sure?" Sport asked. "Yeah, I'll meet you there later if you want." She said. "Ok." Sport said. "I think Pujols, Beltran, and Mulina will be there." Sport added. "Ok, have fun sweetie. I'll see you later." Twinkle Bloom said kissing him. "

Sport set out to the training facility, right next door to Ponyville Stadium. As he walked, many ponies were cheering for him. "Way to go rookie!" One said. "Good job Sport, you're doing a wonderful job!" Mayor Mare said. "You were great out there!" An orange earth pony with a cowboy sat said walking by. "Thanks." Sport said. Many fillies and foals even went to him asking for autographs. Sport was glad to do so. He arrived at the batting cage, no pony was there except for Coach LaRussa and a couple other coaches. "Hey Sport! What brings you here?" Coach asked happily. "I thought I keep my game up with some hitting practices." Sport said. "That's fine kid. You can do it for a few minutes. Make sure not to ear yourself up ok?" He said. "Got it coach!" Sport said. "Alrighty, keep up the good work!" Coach said.

After spending a few minutes working on hitting as well as pitching. Sport walked out of the place. The sun was beginning to set. He saw a couple of his teammates walk in the Cider Barrel. Sport followed and walked in. There were other games going on the TV's at the place. "Sport!" Yadier called. "Glad you can make it!" "Thanks Yadi, my wife's coming soon too." He said. "Sounds good!" He said. "Hey man!" Apple Pujols said. "Hey Pujols." Sport said. "Glad you could come, it's good that you get to interact with fans. Take a seat and have some cider man. It's on me this time." Apple added. Sport ordered Windy's favorite again. "Hi!" A blue pegasus with a rainbow mane said walking up to him. "Oh, hey. You look familiar. I think one of my friends mentioned you. Is it Rainbow Dash?" He asked. "The one and only!" Rainbow said. "You must be the one and only Sport, the 16 year old rookie for the Ponyville Cardinals!" She added. "Yep, nice to meet you. I hear you're quite the athlete." He said. "Aww yeah! I want to be a Wonderbolt! Have you heard of them?" She asked. "Of course. They're really good!" Sport said. Twinkle Bloom then walked in. "Hi sweetie!" She said giving him a big kiss. His teammates teased him, "D'awwww." They said. "Oh, you guys." Sport said laughing. "Hey, you're Rainbow Dash!" Twinkle Bloom said. "Yep! Nice to meet you. Are you two dating?" She asked. "We're married." Sport said smiling. "Aww, you two look cute together!" Rainbow Dash said. "It's always good running into another famous athlete." Sport said. "Definitely! I'll come by your game tomorrow. I hear Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are gonna be there!" Rainbow Dash said. "Cool! I've heard about them all over the news when the marriage happened." Sport said. "Yeah, that was a crazy week." Rainbow Dash said.

Sport started to greet many fans and sign autographs and take pictures with them. After a couple hours, Sport and Twinkle Bloom left for a nice walk. Then he saw DJ walking with Vinyl Scratch. "Hey DJ. How's it going?" He asked.

• Brohoof 1

After spending a few minutes working on hitting as well as pitching. Sport walked out of the place. The sun was beginning to set. He saw a couple of his teammates walk in the Cider Barrel. Sport followed and walked in. There were other games going on the TV's at the place. "Sport!" Yadier called. "Glad you can make it!" "Thanks Yadi, my wife's coming soon too." He said. "Sounds good!" He said. "Hey man!" Apple Pujols said. "Hey Pujols." Sport said. "Glad you could come, it's good that you get to interact with fans. Take a seat and have some cider man. It's on me this time." Apple added. Sport ordered Windy's favorite again. "Hi!" A blue pegasus with a rainbow mane said walking up to him. "Oh, hey. You look familiar. I think one of my friends mentioned you. Is it Rainbow Dash?" He asked. "The one and only!" Rainbow said. "You must be the one and only Sport, the 16 year old rookie for the Ponyville Cardinals!" She added. "Yep, nice to meet you. I hear you're quite the athlete." He said. "Aww yeah! I want to be a Wonderbolt! Have you heard of them?" She asked. "Of course. They're really good!" Sport said. Twinkle Bloom then walked in. "Hi sweetie!" She said giving him a big kiss. His teammates teased him, "D'awwww." They said. "Oh, you guys." Sport said laughing. "Hey, you're Rainbow Dash!" Twinkle Bloom said. "Yep! Nice to meet you. Are you two dating?" She asked. "We're married." Sport said smiling. "Aww, you two look cute together!" Rainbow Dash said. "It's always good running into another famous athlete." Sport said. "Definitely! I'll come by your game tomorrow. I hear Prince Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are gonna be there!" Rainbow Dash said. "Cool! I've heard about them all over the news when the marriage happened." Sport said. "Yeah, that was a crazy week." Rainbow Dash said.

Sport started to greet many fans and sign autographs and take pictures with them. After a couple hours, Sport and Twinkle Bloom left for a nice walk. Then he saw DJ walking with Vinyl Scratch. "Hey DJ. How's it going?" He asked.

DJ and Vinyl smiled at them. “It’s going great, Sport. Better than great!” DJ said, smiling. “Vinyl and I are going out now!” DJ was over the moon. He had discovered that the pony of his dreams really wanted him to be her coltfriend. This day was the best day of his life! “Anyway,” DJ said, still beaming. “How are you and Twinkle Bloom getting on? Are you ready for tomorrow’s game Sport?”

DJ and Vinyl smiled at them. “It’s going great, Sport. Better than great!” DJ said, smiling. “Vinyl and I are going out now!” DJ was over the moon. He had discovered that the pony of his dreams really wanted him to be her coltfriend. This day was the best day of his life!

"You two are going out now? Way to go DJ!" Sport said giving him a brohoof. " Awww, you two look so cute together!" Twinkle Bloom said. "Thanks!" They both said.

“Anyway,” DJ said, still beaming. “How are you and Twinkle Bloom getting on? Are you ready for tomorrow’s game Sport?”

"Twinkle and I are doing just fine. We were at the Cider Barrel with a few other Cardinal players just hanging out and greeting the fans." Sport said with his hoof around Twinkle Bloom. "I happened to meet Rainbow Dash there." Sport said. "I've heard of her!" Vinyl said. "She is one of the best athletes of all of Equestria!" She added. "I've heard. I heard she's performed the Sonic Rainboom!" Sport said. "Heck yeah!" She said. "Hmm, he seems happy. Good, I'm happy for him. He's a good friend." Sport thought to himself smiling. "Anyway, I'm definitely ready for the game against the Reds." Sport said. "Bronison Arroyo is a pretty decent pitcher, he's got that curveball that can really move. And their closer, Aroldis ChapPony. He can throw 103mph! But if he doesn't move those pitches, even I can hit them out." Sport said. "103mph!?" DJ asked. "Yeah, he's pretty good. But, I'm confident that the team can beat anyone, it's a long season." Sport said feeling confident. "Who's playing you after the two games against the Reds?" Twinkle Bloom asked. "The Cloudsdale Dodgers, on the road." Sport said. "Cool! Good luck bro!" DJ said. "We'll be there rooting for you!" DJ said. "Cool, thanks!" Sport said.

"Twinkle and I are doing just fine. We were at the Cider Barrel with a few other Cardinal players just hanging out and greeting the fans." Sport said with his hoof around Twinkle Bloom. "I happened to meet Rainbow Dash there." Sport said. "I've heard of her!" Vinyl said. "She is one of the best athletes of all of Equestria!" She added. "I've heard. I heard she's performed the Sonic Rainboom!" Sport said. "Heck yeah!" She said. "Hmm, he seems happy. Good, I'm happy for him. He's a good friend." Sport thought to himself smiling. "Anyway, I'm definitely ready for the game against the Reds." Sport said. "Bronison Arroyo is a pretty decent pitcher, he's got that curveball that can really move. And their closer, Aroldis ChapPony. He can throw 103mph! But if he doesn't move those pitches, even I can hit them out." Sport said. "103mph!?" DJ asked. "Yeah, he's pretty good. But, I'm confident that the team can beat anyone, it's a long season." Sport said feeling confident. "Who's playing you after the two games against the Reds?" Twinkle Bloom asked. "The Cloudsdale Dodgers, on the road." Sport said. "Cool! Good luck bro!" DJ said. "We'll be there rooting for you!" DJ said. "Cool, thanks!" Sport said.

DJ and Vinyl waved goodbye to Sport and Twinkle Bloom as they trotted back to Vinyl’s house. The two were so happy to be together. When they returned to Vinyl’s house, DJ said to Vinyl, “Vinyl, I’m so happy to be with you!” She smiled back at him. “I’m really happy too, DJ! Today was wonderful!” she kissed DJ and they talked for a short while before Vinyl went inside and said goodbye to DJ. As DJ went home, he grinned to himself. “I must be the luckiest colt in the world!” he thought to himself. “I’m so glad I decided to come to Ponyville!”

• Brohoof 1

The next morning, Sport woke up for his 3pm game against the Crystal Empire Reds. "Morning cutie." Sport said to Twinkle Bloom and giving her a kiss. "Hi Sporty." She said cuddling him. "Ready for your big game?" She asked. "Yep." Sport said. He then proceeded to take a shower and go downstairs for breakfast. Twinkle Bloom met up with him. They had breakfast and talked for a while.

At around noon. They went to the stadium. As they walked there they ran into Prince Shining Armor, Princess Cadence and Princess Twilight. "Hey! It's Sport!" Shining Armor said. "Hello, pleasure to meet you all!" Sport said shaking their hooves. "I wish you all a good game." Sport added. "Thank you! Same to you all." Princess Cadence said. "Hi Sport, how are you?" Twilight asked. "I'm doing good Twilight. You?" Sport asked. "The usual." She said. "Wow! It's an honor meeting royalty!" Twinkle Bloom said in a cute tone and SQUEEing. They all smiled. "Sorry." She giggled and blushed. "It's ok." Shining Armor said with a smile. "Well I gotta hit the field. I'll see you all after the game!" Sport said. "Definitely. Nice to meet you." Cadence said.

Lemon Lynn will pitch for the Cardinals. He was in the bullpen warming up as Sport was working on fielding.

Flare was walking around Ponyville unsure of what to even do he wanted to head to Cloud scale but he doesn't want to fly at all today he thought of seeing the pony windy talked about so he could get a job. "What should I even do...maybe I sh-" Flare was interrupted by hearing classical music from a distance. "Who would be playing music right now...I wonder if I should go and see who it is" Flare said as he followed the sound of the music. "Sounds like Marezart...didn't think any one really liked classical music" Flare said as he trotted pasted DJ without even noticing him and went passed a few other ponies. "Sounds like its Moonlight Sonata" Flare said as he stopped where he was and heard the music even louder. "It must be nearby.....but I don't see anyone playing a...chello it sounds like" Flare said as he trotted around looking for the source of the music. "It must be over there" Flare said as he headed towards a concert hall that...doesn't have a lot ponies inside just one which is the one playing the music. "She must be the one playing..

If she van play this well why is no pony here then"

• Brohoof 1

Meanwhile, the stadium was full and it was game time for one of the biggest rivalries in the ELB, the Crystal Empire vs. the Ponyville Cardinals. Lemon Lynn took the mound and Sport took right field as usual. Shin-Soo ChooChoo led off with a single and Zach Coltzart sac bunted him to 2nd. 1 out, 1 on. Joey Coltto stepped up. Lynn threw and Coltto hit it long to Sport. Going, Going, Going. CAUGHT! Sport robbed Coltto with a wall climb. The crowd roared in cheer. Sport threw it back and waved to the crowd. Bondon Phillips struck out and JayBruce Stallion grounded out.

Bronison Arroyo was pitching for the Reds. The Reds were always to Crystal Mountain Reds, they are the oldest team in the ELB. Sport led off as he walked up to the plate. He got in his stance. Arroyo wound up with his leg kick and threw. Down low for a ball. 1-0. The next pitch was a bit high but Sport hit it for a double. "Nice shot kid." Phillips told Sport. "Thanks Bondon." Sport said. He then proceeded to steal third and succeeded. Sport scored on a JonPony Jay sac fly. Pujols struck out, Holliday grounded out and so did Beltran.

Next time Sport was up was in the 3rd. He led off. The score was still 1-0 Cardinals. Sport was in stance. Arroyo threw. Strike one looking. The pitch was hard location to tell. Sport took a deep breath and got back in his stance. Arroyo threw the ball a little too high. Ball one. Arroyo threw the next pitch, his curveball that completely threw Sport off. Strike Two swinging. The next two pitches were balls. Then the next pitch came, fouled past the 3rd base foul line. The next pitch. The curveball, STRIKE THREE swinging. The crowd encouraged him however. "It's all good Sport! Get 'em next time!" "Shake it off kid!" Some were saying. "Well you can't get on base everytime." Sport said to himself. "It happens kid, it's all good." Coach told him giving him a pat on the back.

He came back up in the sixth with a 1-1 tie. Arroyo still on the mound. "Watch the curveball!" Jose Oquendo, the third base coach said. Sport nodded. The crowd cheered for him. One was on first and third with one out. The first pitch was crushed to center field driving both runners home. Sport hit another double. "Yay!" Twinkle Bloom said.

Sport hit a single in the 8th. The Cardinals were up 3-2. Jason Motte closed the game out with the win. "And the Cardinals win!" The announcer said. "Good job kid!" Joey Coltto told him. "Hey Joey, nice to see you again!" Sport said. "Yeah man! You're looking good so far. Keep it up, see you later man." Joey said. "Take care Joey." Sport said. "Good job Sporty!" Twinkle Bloom said kissing him. Sport blushed. "Thanks honey." He said. The sun was beginning to set. Sport and Twinkle Bloom kissed lip to lip until Apple Pujols and Yadier Mulina gave him a Ponyrade bath. "Good one!" Sport said laughing. "Oh boys!" Twinkle Bloom said giggling. Shining Armor, Cadence, and Twilight Sparkle walked up to them. "Way to come up big there!" Shining Armor said. "Thanks good game!" Sport said. "Good job Sport. Good luck tomorrow night!" Twilight said. "Thanks." Sport said. "Did you like that that Ponyrade bath?" Cadence said chuckling. They laughed. "Y-Yeah." Sport said feeling a bit embarrassed. "I love her, you know?" Sport said smiling.

• 2 weeks later...

((Yeah, yeah, I've been gone a really long time. What can I say? IRL takes up a lot of time. Don't worry, I have a great reason for why you haven't heard anything from Windy in a long time!))

"Whoah... Dude, where am I? And why is there a ringing in my ears...? Wait, I'm at home, that's good... I think... What happened? Last I remember, we were all celebrating DJ getting away from those goons safely, and some sketchy bro offered me some suspicious looking pills... Said they were 'athletic enhancers...' Enhancers my flank! I probably was tripping the whole rest of the trip AND on the return!" jumping out of bed, where he had somehow wound up safe and sound despite being, well, totally out of it, Windy began cleaning himself up. He looked horrible, and felt like it too. 

Heading out of his house, Windy squinted at the harsh sunlight, and began running around town at a light jog to clear his head of any residual hallucinogenic effects. However, the run also served to tell him that absolutely none of his friends were in town at the moment, not Fondue, not any of his new friends, and not Elyssa, whom Windy figured he probably had some explaining to do to. After a few circuits of town, Windy stopped in the middle of the main street, realizing that since none of his friends were around, he might as well get some food, considering he had absolutely no idea when his last decent meal was. Sitting down at a nearby open-air cafe, Windy began to eat a huge serving of food to offset his ravenous hunger.

"Well, at least my priorities are still in order. Food first, find friends later..."

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Renegade got off the rain to Ponyville. New town, new life. Now...where to find a house? Renegade walked from the train station to the town hall and entered the building. "Hello?" he called out. Just then, he saw a mare at the front desk. "Oh, hello. I was wondering if there were any houses available." "Oh. Houses? I think we have some vacant ones somewhere. Let me go ask the mayor just to make sure." The receptionist left, leaving Renegade at the front desk. While he waited, Renegade took out a bag of gummy bears. He opened the bag and began eating.

A few minutes later, the receptionist came back. Renegade was barely done with his candy. "So, are there any houses available?" the unicorn asked. "Why, yes." the receptionist replied. "Let me show you the ones we have." The mare guided Renegade to a map of the town and showed him a few houses. Whiçh one to choose, Renegade thought. Looking at the houses, Renegade pondered his choices. Finally, he chose a house on the main street. Walking out of the town hall, Renegade felt satisfied. He was going to like it here.