Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Return Of King Sombra: Ruler Of The Shadows

Feather Gem

(edited)

OC TOPIC:

The Return of King Sombra: Ruler of the Shadows

post-9999-0-84443100-1365248596_thumb.png

By Huussii

The horn was lying in the same place that it had been laying for hours.  No one seemed to notice it, or maybe they just didn't care.

Maybe that's why no one noticed as the shadows rose from the ground, curled around it, and pulled it down into the ground.

It was years later that Discord returned and wreaked havoc upon Equestria and a chain of unforgettable and unpredictable events took place.

And two years after that, a whole new chain of events will take place.

"Celestia."

Princess Celestia raised her eyes from the book she had been studying.  She turned to Discord who stood at the door of the study with hunched shoulders and saddened eyes.

"What is it Discord?  What time is it?"

"Late.  Celestia..." Discord sighed.  "Its been a long time..."

"Give her time, Discord.  I'm sure she'll come back eventually."

"What if she doesn't?"

"Then that's her choice."

"But..." Discord started.  Then he changed his mind and went silent again.

Celestia turned away and moved her snow white hoof to switch the light off, plunging them into darkness.  But they could both see clearly.  Celestia turned back to Discord and began towards the door.

"It is late.  Go to bed.  I can't stop you from doing anything Discord.  We both already know that," she said as she walked past him.  She glanced at him as she walked to her room.  "You've really changed Discord.  You've forgotten how to smile.  I wish you'd see that everything's fine.  But I can't make you see anything."

Luna carried the young foal into the room that twinkled with tiny lights of the mobile hanging above the crib.  The mobile had tiny moons and stars on it.

Luna went to the crib and pushed down the bars in her glowing blue magic.  She placed the foal gently inside the crib and pulled the bars back up.  She smiled gently at the foal and touched the bars with her hoof.  The foal touched its hoof to hers.

Luna whispered a goodnight and then left the nursery.

Edited by Feather Gem
  • Brohoof 1

Yavolin entered the nursery and looked at the foal then went over to Luna and kissed her."I see the foal is asleep". he smiled softly but the fact was he was still the son of Discord and he didn't know if this would mean that Discords family is now close to the throne.

It was a wonderful life living in canterlot, there was food 24/7, she was clean, she practically had her own student to teach, and the best friend in all of equestria. Even if she saw discord as a father she still had a real mother and father too look for. She knew they where out there and she wanted to find them, but it would mean going back to her old way of living. Living in trash cans and dumpsters, also she would need to start in manehatten, she did not want to cross the theves guild again, and manehatten itself would bring back lots of bad memories. She finaly desided that she needed to do this, but she needed to do it alone. She didnt want discord or anypony to follow her.

One night she snuck out of the castle and made her way to manehatten. Once she was there, her horn started glowing and gave her a vision on what happened to her, how she ended up in the guild. She already knew what happened, and it made her sad. Her horn told her to go to fillydelphia, so she went there.

Once in fillydelphia, her horn told her where her mother was, she knew where she was and began to think what to do when she goes face to face with her. She thought for some time, thinking about forgiveness... But then all the memories of all the struggles she had in her past got the best of her, it awoken the chaotic side of her element.

She came face to face with her mother and sopke. "Do you rember me?" She asked,

"I... Well... You do look familiar" replyed her mother.

"Maybe this will make you remember" shade said as she changed into her changeling forum.

"Wait, your... My... My first..."

"Yes that right... The one you through into the sewers to ROT."

After a long conversation shade was still angry... But didnt let her anger get the best of her. "I just want you to know that you are a terrible mother and that this is what you deserve." She said as her horn started to glow and magical green spiks appeared around her. The spiks charged towards shades mother, but stoped before impact. "As much as I hate you, you will not die by my horn." She said before leaving.

Shade kept her chaos in order, but it eventually took her over, she when to the cave that she and discord camped in before everything when ok. She was going crazy she was smashing the walls and casting dangerous spells, once she thought about destroying equestria she tryed to fight back her chaotic side, she wasn't doing well so she turned herself to stone to keep equestria safe from her.

She stayed as stone for years to come.

• Brohoof 1

Two Years Later:

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it isn't polite to stare?" Discord said, hovering above the young filly who he had caught staring at him while he was flying about.

"What are you?" the filly asked.

"I take that in offense that you don't know.  I am the Master of Chaos and Disharmony!  I am Discord!" Discord laughed.

"Show off," the filly said, turning and walking away.

Discord made a face and watched the filly walk away.  "What?  Honestly, this generation is dreadful."

Discord smirked and raised a talon, ready to snap it and make it rain chocolate milk on the young filly.

"Discord!"

"Waah!" Discord gasped, spinning around.  "I wasn't going to do anything!"

Celestia stared at him.  "I...wait, what were you going to do?!"

"Er...nothing..."

"Midnight!" Luna called out the window.  "MIdnight!  Where have you gone to?"

Midnight had run off that morning.  He was growing older a bit faster then a regular foal.  He always went off by himself, searching for adventure.  Luna let him, thinking that she couldn't stop him if she tried.

And now it was getting late.  She had raised the moon and he still wasn't back yet.

Two years have passed and shade is still a statue in the cave. In there she had thought for a long time and calmed herself down. But it was still like talking to a harmony side of her and a chaotic side of her...

She felt messed up and didnt know what to think. Then she talked to herself about freeing herself, but even if she wanted out she coudent... Not untill she is discovered.

"Listen, Discord.  Luna is worried.  Midnight hasn't come back yet," Celestia said patiently.

"So?"

"So, I want you to go look for him."

"Don't you have magic, Celestia?  Why do you always put it on some pony else?"

"Discord, I cannot waste my magic on a thing like that when some pony else can.  I'm a princess.  I have more important things to use my magic on."

"Why should I?"
"Because you can look wherever you want."

Discord stared at her for a moment and then turned and flew into the air.  "Great!  I'll go now!" he grinned as he flew off into the night.

Celestia shook her head and sighed.  Perhaps I should have worded that better.  He'll never find Midnight.

Yavolin was out looking for midnight

"Listen, Discord.  Luna is worried.  Midnight hasn't come back yet," Celestia said patiently.

"So?"

"So, I want you to go look for him."

"Don't you have magic, Celestia?  Why do you always put it on some pony else?"

"Discord, I cannot waste my magic on a thing like that when some pony else can.  I'm a princess.  I have more important things to use my magic on."

"Why should I?"
"Because you can look wherever you want."

Discord stared at her for a moment and then turned and flew into the air.  "Great!  I'll go now!" he grinned as he flew off into the night.

Celestia shook her head and sighed.  Perhaps I should have worded that better.  He'll never find Midnight.

Yavolin went out looking for his son apparently Midnight has gotten his attitude for adventure. Yavolin liked go off by himself at times but most of the time it was a soul searching trip that took days to complete.Yavolin began to call out."Midnight! were are you"?

Discord flew and slipped through the trees of the Everfree forest.  He quite liked the forest.  Not many other ponies did.  He liked how everything there was naturally chaotic, rather then having those ponies control every single detail.

He flew for a long while.  Then he spotted the figure of a small pony.  He looked over at Midnight who was staring up at a mountain.  Discord flew over to him.

"Hello," Discord smiled.

Midnight jumped and turned.  When he saw Discord he calmed down a bit.  He had never seen Discord when he was being evil except when he was too young to remember much.  He wasn't afraid of Discord.  He didn't really like him though.  He did remember how he tried to hurt his mother.

Midnight pointed up at the top of the mountain.  Discord looked.

It was his mountain.  His home.  The one he had shared with Shade.

Discord sighed.  It had been two years since his last request to look for Shade.  He had listened to Celestia's advice.  Because despite how much he hated her, she was right.

"Want to have a look?" Discord asked.

He picked up Midnight and flew up to the top of the mountain.  He flew into the cave and glanced around and darkness, walking further inside.  He bumped into something and something fell to the floor.  He glared down at it, annoyed.

"Shade...?" Discord whispered.

Shades statue was on the ground after discord had knocked it over. Shade felt that little fall, and the stone began to crack. The statue was cracked up and started to glow. An explosion of magic and shade was laying where the statue was, she looks up but her vision was blurry. She thinks she sees discord and midnight. She try's to speak but faints.

Discord flew and slipped through the trees of the Everfree forest.  He quite liked the forest.  Not many other ponies did.  He liked how everything there was naturally chaotic, rather then having those ponies control every single detail.

He flew for a long while.  Then he spotted the figure of a small pony.  He looked over at Midnight who was staring up at a mountain.  Discord flew over to him.

"Hello," Discord smiled.

Midnight jumped and turned.  When he saw Discord he calmed down a bit.  He had never seen Discord when he was being evil except when he was too young to remember much.  He wasn't afraid of Discord.  He didn't really like him though.  He did remember how he tried to hurt his mother.

Midnight pointed up at the top of the mountain.  Discord looked.

It was his mountain.  His home.  The one he had shared with Shade.

Discord sighed.  It had been two years since his last request to look for Shade.  He had listened to Celestia's advice.  Because despite how much he hated her, she was right.

"Want to have a look?" Discord asked.

He picked up Midnight and flew up to the top of the mountain.  He flew into the cave and glanced around and darkness, walking further inside.  He bumped into something and something fell to the floor.  He glared down at it, annoyed.

"Shade...?" Discord whispered.

(occ: really gem stop ignoring my post.) Yavolin heads to discords cave to see that Midnight was there and sure enough he was."Midnight there you are, you have worried your mother sick  now come it's time to go home". Yavolin wasn't pleased with his son and his actions.

(You climbed up the mountain? xD)

Discord stared down at Shade, his jaw dropped in shock.  He turned and hoofed Midnight straight into Yavolin's arms and then dropped to his knees beside Shade.

Midnight stuck out his tongue and smiled up at his father innocently.

Discord checked Shade's pulse and then lifted her up into his arms.  He turned to the cave entrance and flapped his wings, flying out of it, completely ignoring Yavolin.

Shade opened her eyes as she was in discords arms. She looks at him as a tear roles down her cheek. "d-dis-cord..." Was all that could escape her mouth. 2 years ago she weakened herself by casting dangerous spells on herself, and spending 2 years as stone dosnt help her restor her loss of energy. But 2 years isn't as bad as 1000 years, 2 years is nothing compaired to what discord had to go through.

Yavolin sighed and began to take his son home but as he flew he looked at his son in his hoofs and spoke."Why didn't you come home toy your mother do you realize how much danger you put yourself in"?  Yavolin started to understand how his step father was to him.

Discord looked down at Shade as he flew.  "Don't speak," he said simply.

He flew until he reached Canterlot Castle.  He didn't know exactly if he was going to get help or if he would try and help Shade himself.  But he decided that he should ask Celestia.  He flew into her bedroom through her window and found her asleep in her bed.  He almost yelled to wake her, but decided against it for Shade's sake.  He poked her with his tail.

"Celestia."

Celestia awoke immediately.  Years of a number of horrendous happenings did that to you.  Celestia sat up straight and looked over at Discord, her mane a mess for only a moment, before fixing itself and flowing through the air.

"What is it, Discord?" she asked, rubbing an eye.  Then she saw Shade in his arms.  Her eyes widened and she stepped out of bed.  "Is that...?"

"I found her."

"I wasn't in any danger!" the young foal protested.  "I'm strong and brave!" Midnight grinned.  Then he paused for a moment.  "Is Daddy angry?" he asked quietly, frowning up at his father.  "Is Mommy angry?"

Shade looks at Celestia, "cel...est..ia.... I'm....." Was all that shade could say. She looks at herself, she was a mess. She was scratched up from casting spells and from being stone.

Shade didnt know what to think of herself, she felt like a failer, but didnt know what she failed at.

Discord looked down at Shade as he flew.  "Don't speak," he said simply.

He flew until he reached Canterlot Castle.  He didn't know exactly if he was going to get help or if he would try and help Shade himself.  But he decided that he should ask Celestia.  He flew into her bedroom through her window and found her asleep in her bed.  He almost yelled to wake her, but decided against it for Shade's sake.  He poked her with his tail.

"Celestia."

Celestia awoke immediately.  Years of a number of horrendous happenings did that to you.  Celestia sat up straight and looked over at Discord, her mane a mess for only a moment, before fixing itself and flowing through the air.

"What is it, Discord?" she asked, rubbing an eye.  Then she saw Shade in his arms.  Her eyes widened and she stepped out of bed.  "Is that...?"

"I found her."

"I wasn't in any danger!" the young foal protested.  "I'm strong and brave!" Midnight grinned.  Then he paused for a moment.  "Is Daddy angry?" he asked quietly, frowning up at his father.  "Is Mommy angry?"

He sighed."No but you worried us sick, i am just glad i've found you and i am sure your mom will be to". he huged him tight and went on flying back to canterlot, all yavolin wanted to be was to be a better father then Discord and his step father. Yavolin could see canterlot from a distance but he was still had a long while before he could get home.

Celestia watched Shade.  "We have to get her to the nurse," she said.  "Take her to the nurses office."

"Why is it always a nurse.  Where are the doctors?"

Celestia looked at him.  She paused for a moment.  "I...uh..."

"Too long," Discord said, walking out the door.  "Don't care."

After he reached the nurses office, he placed Shade onto the little bed in the room and waited for Celestia and the nurse to come.  The nurse would be sleeping, but she had her own room in the castle.  

"Okay!" Midnight smiled, putting his hooves around Yavolin's neck and hugging him.  He looked over to where Canterlot was and then back at the Everfree forest. 

I walked far!  I like walking! the foal thought to himself.

Yavolin  was trying to get back to canterlot but he found him self trying to stay awake , he didn't know how late it was but it had to be at least be midnight. Canterlot was still fair away but he pressed onward to his home , he knew luna was waiting for midnight to come home.

Shade laid on the bed she looks around and remembers the last time she was in here... The time when yavolin poisoned her. She looks at discord and still try's to talk, "d-dis...cord.... You.... Found..... Me" she said still struggling to talk, even tho she had a lot on her mind, she couldn't speak it.

Midnight was used to staying up late because of his mother.  But he still found himself getting sleepy.  He rubbed his eyes with his hooves and yawned.

Discord nodded, watching her intently.  "Yes.  Yes I did," he said.

The nurse and Princess Celestia came into the room.  Princess Celestia stood a bit away, giving them room as the nurse went to work, checking the usual things a doctor would check from a patient.

After that was finished, the nurse asked gently; "Are you in any type of pain?  Do you know if anything is wrong?"

Luna stared out the window of the nursery.  The small twinkling lights sparkled around her and made soft bell like noises.

Luna was getting more worried.

(OOC: villan97, would you still like to play as Shining Armor?)

(Errm.... No)

Shade looks at the nurse, "n no... I... I just... Feel.... Tired and... Sore..... Cough* cough*... I found her.... I found her.... But I didn't end her... Then I felt me return...... So I turned myself into stone..... How long have I been missing for?" She asked

Shade felt some of her strangth come back, but she still felt sore.

Yavolin could finally see canterlot and he hoped Luna could hear him."Luna, i got him and i am making my way home with him now". he hoped she could hear him from a distance so couldn't worry about Midnight being lost, yavolins wings started to fail him he tried to stay awake the best that he could. 

"Two years," Discord said automatically.

The nurse looked a bit worried.  "Well I think what you really need is just some rest.  And some...uh...do you..." the nurse stuttered and then glanced at Princess Celestia.  She mouthed the word 'food'.  Princess Celestia nodded.  "Oh.  I'll...get you a little bit of food and some water," the nurse said, hurrying away.

Luna didn't hear him.  But something in her heart told her that Midnight and Yavolin were okay.  So she went looking for her sister.

She found her by following the voices and light coming from the nurses office.  Luna entered the room and saw Shade and Discord.

"Oh.  You found Shade.  Hello Shade..." Luna said.  "Discord...were you not looking for---"

"Yeah, yeah.  I found him."

"Where is he?"

"With your husband, somewhere around the Everfree or something."

"Oh.  Tia, I'm going to go find them and make sure their okay."

"Alright Luna.  Be careful though.  Track them if you can," Princess Celestia said reluctantly.

"Yes, sister," Luna said, turning around and flying out of the room.  She flew into the closest room with a window and flew out of it.  She began towards the Everfree forest, her sharp eyes searching for her beloveds.

Shade shifted onto her side, "only two years? I was hoping at least 500 years..." When Luna walked into the room, shade looks at her and thinks about midnight, "well, at least I'm here to train midnight... How is he doing?" Shade asked as her stomach started to growl. "I think I'm getting hungry." She said.

Yavolin started looking for a place to crash land. he saw a patch of grass and started to go towards it."Midnight we might not get home till morning , we'll have to sleep in the everfree for tonight lets hope Luna doesn't get to worried about us". he landed softly in the grass and placed Midnight down.