Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Return Of King Sombra: Ruler Of The Shadows

Feather Gem

"500 years?" Discord almost growled.  Then he paused for a moment and then got up to leave the room.

"Where are you..." Celestia started.  Then she shook her head and let him go.  She turned to Shade.  "Midnight is doing well.  He's quite advanced for his age but he does get into mischief often."  He must have gotten it from his...grand...father.

The nurse entered the room a moment later, holding a tray with a glass of crystal clear water and a simple daisy and lettuce sandwich.  The nurse moved a small table on wheels to the bed and placed the tray on top of it for Shade.

"There you go.  If you do not finish your food it will be alright.  But try to finish your water," the nurse said.

Midnight nodded, yawning again as he was placed onto the grass.  He rolled onto his back and looked up at the beautiful night that had been created by his equally beautiful mother.

Luna continued towards the Everfree.  When she reached it she realized her work may be cut out for her.  The Everfree forest was quite a big place.  Tia had asked her to track them, and perhaps that was best.

Luna's horn began to glow as she tracked.  The glow from her horn started out of it, slowly flowing towards an area of the forest.  Luna followed it, knowing it would lead her to Yavolin and Midnight.

Yavolin layed next to Midnight and fell asleep, he knew this area will but not of the creatures that lived inside of it. He loved Midnight but ever what happened that day when he died from miscarriage something sparked in Yavolins soul that he would anything to keep his special foal safe from harm and be the father that Discord was never was to him.

Shade ate the sandvitch (XD) and drank the water, she yawned and, "I think il go to bed now.... Il be ok in the morning... I hope" she said getting off the bed. When her hooves touched the ground she felt a bit wobbly, she looks at the ground then makes her way back to her room.

Midnight curled up against his father.  The brave foal fell asleep almost immediately, knowing that he would be protected from any dangers by Yavolin.

Luna followed the glowing beam across the tree tops until the beam stopping growing.  She flew down through the trees to see if it had found Yavolin and Midnight.  And it had.  She saw their figures laying on the ground.  She heart skipped a beat as she wondered if they were alright.

Luna landed down onto the grass in front of them.  They were only sleeping though.  They were fine.

The nurse watched Shade nervously.  She stepped forward and reached a hoof out towards Shade.  Princess Celestia stopped her.  "Shade's used to such things.  No need to worry yourself," Celestia said with a small smile.  Then she frowned.  "I, on the other hoof, must know worry about the draqoniqus..."

Yavolin kept midnight close to him as he slept  peacefully, he didn't know Luna was standing in front of him. He remembered something about his mom though, he remembered a song that he heard when he was just a foal. In his sleep he began to sing softly."Under the stars, under the moon sleep peacefully my beloved son. For the dawn shall come again". that was all he remembered about the song.

Shade walked down the hall and went into her room. She sat on the bed and looked at herself, she seemed fine but she knew that something was wrong with her, like something inside her was trying to break out. She desided to sleep on it and hope that it would go away in the morning.

She layed down and went to sleep.

Her dreams where filled with darkness and hatrid, it felt cold. Shade looks around and sees nothing, nothing but memories about her past. Even tho she put the past behind her, it still manages to haunt her. But another thing came up, she saw herself, but just looking at her. Shade was getting creeped out she started to run, but it started to follow her, she kept running but couldent get away from herself.

Outside her dream shade was restless, tossing the blanket and pillows around.

As Luna watched them, Yavolin began to sing.  The beautiful song caused Luna to smile.  And so she decided that she wouldn't be going home yet.  And neither would they.  Luna went over to them and laid down beside Yavolin with Midnight between them.  She closed her eyes.  She hadn't slept through the night in a very long time.

"Discord!" Celestia called.  "Discord!"

She didn't receive an answer.

"Oh, come on, Discord!  Really!  Where are you?!"

"Hi."

Celestia turned around, nearly bumping her nose into his.  She stepped back.  Discord had been standing right behind her, his neck bent over so that his face would be right in hers.

"Discord."

"What."

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"Why...not?"

"Shade."

"Are you going to say a sentence with more then one word?"

"No."

"Discord, you stubborn foal.  I can't just not leave you here without saying anything.  You're more unstable then I had been two years ago."

"So?"

"Now you're just going that on purpose."

"Yes."

Celestia furrowed her brow together.  Sometimes she wondered why she ever even bothered.  And then she'd remember she was the princess.  And Luna certainly wasn't helping much anymore.

And Cadence was probably too young.

• Brohoof 1

yavolin shortly after a while woke up and saw Luna laying down asleep, he gave her a soft kissed and  fell back to sleep. He smiled softly as he slept, his foal took mostly after him. Then slowly his smile faded he will probly take after his so called father Discord.

Shade was still trying to run away from herself, she eventually turned around and charged at herself. When she made contact, she woke up.

She casts a calm spell on herself, she got out of her bed and looked out the window, she felt that something was coming but didnt know what. She desided that she would make a trip the the crystal empire sometime soon to feed on the crystal hart.

Shade left her room to find discord, she wondered how he felt about her being stone for 2 years, but she needed to talk to him. She saw discord and Celestia talking, so she walked up and, "discord" she said to get his attention.

Luna decided to visit a dream while she was asleep, and she chose to visit Midnight's dream.  He had a sweet, foal dream.  An innocent, naive dream.  It was wonderful, a break from the other dreams she visited.  She enjoyed his dream.  And when Midnight saw her and realized it was a dream, he changed it to something even better.

Discord smirked at Princess Celestia.  He absolutely loved toying with her.  She was the best to toy with.  He reached forward and flicked at her mane just to annoy her.  Celestia took a step back as he did and gave him a look.  Then Discord's ear twitched as he felt a presence behind him and listened for the presence to make a sound.  When it did, it said his name.  It was Shade.  Discord turned around.  Celestia took this chance to move further away from the irritating creature.

"Hi!" Discord said, keeping up with his one word sentences.

Shade raised an eyebrow. "Oh come on discord... Is hi all that you want to say to me? Really... Iv been gone for 2 years and all you can say is hi?" She ranted... Shade couldnt talk to discord when he would only talk with one word sentences. She turned to Celestia "anyways... Where's Luna? I need to talk to her about... Stuff..." She asked.

Yavolin began to dream about his mother, there was still unanswered questions about her and Discord. Why did discord leave her why did he want to have a foal if he really didn't want one? All of these questions began to bug him he needed answers but he didn't know how to get them.

"Yes!" Discord smiled.  Then he changed his mind.  "Er...no."

"Luna?" Celestia said.  "She went off to find Yavolin and Midnight.  I'm not sure when she'll be back," she frowned, looking towards a window.  "Its very late, but Luna barely knows the meaning of that word."

Luna smiled at Midnight and then decided to leave him alone in this dream world.  She waved goodbye and left the dream, going to find another.  The first one that popped up in front of her was usually a dream of some pony close to her.  And it was Yavolin's dream.

Luna ventured inside.

Yavolins head was a mess of questions upon questions, his dream contently changing with each unanswered thought and question. he looked at Discord who was smiling at and laughing as he was unable to answer all of these then it hit him."LUNA"! he awoke he had a plan which involved  her.

Luna got thrown out of the dream and back into the hallway of dreams.  Luckily, it didn't hurt since it was all simply a dream.  Luna was confused for a moment, then she realized Yavolin must have woken up.  And his dream was a bit nightmare like.  She had better see if he was alright.

Luna opened her eyes and sat up.  She looked at Yavolin.

Shade sighed, "guess il wait till morning..." She said turning back to discord. "What eltse do you have to say? How about; Iv missed you shade, shade... Why did you run off, or how about; what happened shade?" She ranted to him some more. "Don't you what to know what happened while I was away?" She asked.

Yavolin looked at Luna."I know you can visit dreams but can also look at the memories of another"? he wanted to know becasue he wanted to visit Discords memory of him and his mother.Yavolin didn't care if that was an invasion of privacy he had a right to know seeing how Discord wouldn't tell him.

Discord put his talon to his chin and tapped it, as if to think about it for a moment.  Celestia sighed.  "Honestly, Discord..." she said, turning around and walking away.  "You take nothing seriously."

When Celestia turned the corner, Discord smirked at Shade.  Then he tackled her, hugging her tightly.  "What the buck happened!?"

Luna tilted her head and shook it.  "No...no I can't.  Unless they have a dream of those memories I cannot.  But if the pony thinks of the memory enough, they have a 75% chance of dreaming about it," Luna said.

Shade smiled, "oh you... You just love keeping a reputation around Celestia don't ya!... Ok... Il tell you....." Shades mood instantly changed from happy... To dark and serious. "I left to go find... Her... My mother... It took some time but when I finally confronted her, I... I... Just didnt know what to do... I felt anger and wanted to kill her, but... I didnt... I left and went to the cave... And I don't know what happened... I just went crazy and... Well... The next thing I know I'm in your arms..." A small tear roled down her cheek. "I'm sorry I left... But I kind of felt that I had too" she said.

Yavolin had to think for a second, there had to be away for Discord to actually tell him, but the problem was that Discord didn't like him. he sighed deeply."Luna is there any other way to look at the memories"? if there wasn't he'll make a away no matter the coast.

Edited by Choas_Bringer-Bob

Discord smiled.  And when her mood changed, his changed as well and he stared at her, concerned.  He listened closely as he spoke and then nodded slowly.  "Yes..." he said.  "That probably was a...good thing to do.  Celestia would be proud," Discord said, turning his head, smirking at her sideways.  "But I'm usually not one for those sort of things.  But good for you," he said, slightly more serious.

Luna sat there for a moment, thinking.  "Perhaps...perhaps you could just go up to Discord and ask him?  Just keep asking him before he goes to bed.  He'll be thinking of it then, and maybe when he dreams, he'll dream of the past," Luna said.  "I'm not sure if it would be on the first night that it happens but you could always try."

Shining Armor was the one that sat up first, followed closely by Princess Cadence.  They looked at each other.

"Do you hear anything?" Shining Armor whispered.

Princess Cadence nodded.  "What is it?"

"I'm not sure."

Then they froze for a moment as they heard it again, this time clearer. 

I don't appreciate thou both taking my kingdom as if it were your own.

Yavolin sighed and looked at Midnight,"Luna look over my son for me". he teleported to canterlot in hopes of talking to his so called father, he planned on saying how better of a father he was, but he knew Discord didn't care. Yavolin was in front of Discord has he looks him in the eye."You didn't love her enough thats why you left her isn't it Discord"?

Shade sighed and said, " well, at least I found my mother... Now I just need to find whoever my father is... Seems like my magic only wanted to tell me who my mother was... I don't have the slightest clue who my father is... But I guess in due time il find out one way or another." Shade yawned.

She looks at yavolin who started talking about... Stuff... "Il leave you two" she said as she started to walk away. Shade made her way to the rooftops of the castle, she laid there and looked at the sky. She felt cold and had a feeling that something is returning, and it wasn't herself.

Yavolin ignored shade and kept his mind on Discord, he didn't know why he loved his mother all the way to the point to where he wanted to have a foal."Maybe it was all a joke to you, love her then leave her. Maybe thats the plan for shade maybe you just want her to love you has a father then you leave her like you did with my mother".

Luna nodded and blinked as a flash of light accompanied Yavolin as he teleported away.  Luna tilted her head at her son and stroked his mane, smiling softly down at him.

Discord looked as a pony appeared.  He stared at Yavolin as Shade left.  He just stared at him, almost as if he was playing a game.  He didn't react beyond a blink of his eyes. 

Princess Cadence rose her head and jumped out of the bed.  Shining Armor jumped out of it at the same moment, as if they were one.  They lowered themselves, to pounce if needed as they searched with their eyes for the one who had spoken.

As if a cats position would help you.

They exchanged a worried look.

Face the facts, young royals.  You were never meant to rule at such an age.

"And you were?" Shining Armor growled. 

"We rule the Crystal Kingdom much better then you ever did!" Princess Cadence agreed.

Oh, is that so...?  Then you must have everything planned out?  Tell me then...you will rule when you are gone...?