Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, I figured out Derpy's cutie mark.....

SkyeRibbonPwny

(edited)

post-9480-0-90167100-1365485653_thumb.png

We all know and love Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Do, Whichever you prefer.

I actually prefer "The Derpster."

Anyhoof,

I think I have found one more facet of Derpy's cutie mark. 

And I say "one more," because cutie marks do not have a singular meaning, they are as multifaceted and have as much depth as a pony's life and personality. 

Rainbow Dash doesn't make lightning, does she?

Fluttershy doesn't exclusively care for butterflies, does she?

No, a cutie mark is a symbol that can be interpreted many different ways as there are many different talents and quirks that can share that same symbol. The cutie mark may represent your talent, but it goes deeper than that, it reflects who the pony actually is.

Derpy is no exception to this reasoning.

Now, there has always been a lot of debate on what exactly the lovable grey mare's Cutie Mark actually means. There have been many good speculations, many bad ones, although the key word is many,

i.e. Derpy is Lauren Fausts Bubbles reincarnate...

post-9480-0-31334100-1365485663.jpg

Derpy has very bad gas....

post-9480-0-89901900-1365485669_thumb.jpg

Derpy uses an excessive amount of bubble wrap due to her job as a mail mare...

post-9480-0-45673300-1365485674.jpg

This facet...I like it. Another!

post-9480-0-32501200-1365485677_thumb.jpg

But I believe there is another, and one that since I have made it my head-canon, has made Derpy, my Derpster, just that much closer to my heart.

Derpy IS a bubble.

Whoa, Skye, Wait, I thought the bubbles weren't the only facet.

No, they aren't. Its a MAIN facet though, and the most obvious of them.

Derpy is a treat, such as bubbles are for children, and the greatest treat on the show by far.

Derpy floats around, waiting for us, silly, off in any which way, almost hiding. Hiding until we strain ourselves on the very tippy toes of our sight to reach out and find ---pop--- Derpy the bubble. And when we accomplish our goal, we relish in absolute delight, the very simplest of delight.

And much like a bubble, Derpy is there one moment....

post-9480-0-49708800-1365485679.jpg

And gone the next....

post-9480-0-68375400-1365485692_thumb.jpg

But we can always bring her back with a little communication, a little material, 

just like a little breathe through the soap on a bubble wand.

And she will treat us to delight every time.

post-9480-0-63474100-1365486563_thumb.png

For My Derpster, I love you.

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny
  • Brohoof 24

Oh my god. I loved this.

Also, where did you find that Derpy plush? Totally want it. (Unless it's like $500 or some crazy shit like that.)

Um, it was actually a picture a fellow brony friend of mine sent me a while ago. I could try and find the maker f you like, though <3 Idsn't it just the cutest widdle thing? <3

post-9480-0-43839800-1365488884_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

My headcanon is that Derpy got her cutie mark after mixing vinegar and baking soda, and discovered her talent is chemistry. She works as a mailmare to pay her way through university and get her doctorate someday soon. :P

• Brohoof 2

I also think it's because she has a bubbly personality. I can think of many meanings for her cutie mark but I wonder if they really made it with a meaning? I love the powerpuff girl idea.

• Brohoof 2

Thought I'd draw Derpy. Y'all like it?

I could do better, but I haven't slept since...I can't remember at this point. And the only reason I'm awake is because if I sleep now, I'll miss work. Cannot afford to miss work again. So I'm desperately trying to keep myself up a little longer.

Also, I only spent two or three minutes on it. It felt longer.

Anyway...thoughts?

post-14404-0-63320900-1365560445_thumb.jpg

Hm...upon closer inspection, I've realized this may not be the appropriate forum to show off my art. Blaming it on the lack of sleep. How would one delete a post?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...That is very in depth... I like the idea of her always using bubble wrap, since I love that stuff like a five year old. But the whole appear and disappear thing I really like as well. Especially since we are constantly searching for her nowadays.

• Brohoof 2

Wow

Just wow

One of the most profound ways to tell what her cutie mark ment

I always thought it was for her bubbly personality

Anyways I cannot find any contradictions with your statement

So

Approval!!!

(approval for my head-cannon)

• Brohoof 2

I thought The Derpster has bubbles for a cutie mark because she's a bubblehead. Isn't that why she's also blonde?

Whatever the reason, I personally like her voice in this:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There's one more aspect of these bubbles ;-)

And I like the voice of Derpy used in the

animated series.

There's one more aspect of these bubbles ;-)

And I like the voice of Derpy used in the

animated series.

Omigosh I do too. I've actually met the guy who play the Doctor, and he's really  brilliant and quirky. He's a lot of fun to talk to. ^w^ AAAh that video is super super cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SkyeRibbonPwny

Loved it, all the points and everything you stated about them. Especially with the reasoning behind "Where's Derpy?"

Though I sometimes call her the "Derpinator" :P 

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifderpy_hooves_by_mlpazureglow-d3g1t5p.png

We all know and love Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Do, Whichever you prefer.

I actually prefer "The Derpster."

Anyhoof,

I think I have found one more facet of Derpy's cutie mark. 

And I say "one more," because cutie marks do not have a singular meaning, they are as multifaceted and have as much depth as a pony's life and personality. 

Rainbow Dash doesn't make lightning, does she?

Fluttershy doesn't exclusively care for butterflies, does she?

No, a cutie mark is a symbol that can be interpreted many different ways as there are many different talents and quirks that can share that same symbol. The cutie mark may represent your talent, but it goes deeper than that, it reflects who the pony actually is.

Derpy is no exception to this reasoning.

Now, there has always been a lot of debate on what exactly the lovable grey mare's Cutie Mark actually means. There have been many good speculations, many bad ones, although the key word is many,

i.e. Derpy is Lauren Fausts Bubbles reincarnate...

attachicon.gifbubbles.jpg

Derpy has very bad gas....

attachicon.giffart.jpg

Derpy uses an excessive amount of bubble wrap due to her job as a mail mare...

attachicon.gifbubble2.jpg

This facet...I like it. Another!

attachicon.gifbubblewrap.jpg

But I believe there is another, and one that since I have made it my head-canon, has made Derpy, my Derpster, just that much closer to my heart.

Derpy IS a bubble.

Whoa, Skye, Wait, I thought the bubbles weren't the only facet.

No, they aren't. Its a MAIN facet though, and the most obvious of them.

Derpy is a treat, such as bubbles are for children, and the greatest treat on the show by far.

Derpy floats around, waiting for us, silly, off in any which way, almost hiding. Hiding until we strain ourselves on the very tippy toes of our sight to reach out and find ---pop--- Derpy the bubble. And when we accomplish our goal, we relish in absolute delight, the very simplest of delight.

And much like a bubble, Derpy is there one moment....

attachicon.gifthere.jpg

And gone the next....

attachicon.gifgone.jpg

But we can always bring her back with a little communication, a little material, 

just like a little breathe through the soap on a bubble wand.

And she will treat us to delight every time.

attachicon.giftalking_derpy_plush_single_image_by_evilsugar-d4ori3m.png

For My Derpster, I love you.

What game are those screenshots of? :3 Looks very interesting and fun; is it only for Android (evidently the platform you're using)?

• Brohoof 1

It's just called "My Little Pony". I thought it was just an iOS game, but clearly I'm wrong. Anyway, it's made by Gameloft, so that should help you find it.

Oh, and feel free to add me if you do. ToxicNinja78, just like my username here. Though it seems to have issues, so tell me if you do add me.

• Brohoof 1