Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

hello everypony

skysweep

Hello. Im skysweep, a brony form Singapore. I have been interested in science and psychology for a long time, but have slowly been doing more artwork recently(all of it pony-related)

I have been a brony for 2 years now, but only today did I manage to pluck up the courage to join and post on a forum.(People say my personality is a strange mix between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, hence my brony activity in my school but so little online)

My first encounter with the fandom was with my friends. I found them discussing about the show one day, and i was extremely skeptical about it. ("What happened to you lot?") That was when they thought it would be very funny to turn me into a brony, considering many knew i was a very serious faced scientist. Result? I got hounded across the school every lunchtime. I had resorted to travelling around with my fingers in my ears and closing my eyes whenever i saw them around.(Let's just say that did not end well...) But what finally drew me in was not my friends trying to tie me to a chair, but my own curiosity.(The reality of scientific thought...)

And so here I am, 2 years later. being a brony has given me life changing experiences and even saved me from a horrible demise. I can be no prouder to say i am a brony, and that it has made me the person i am today.

yes, it is. *sigh* my fluttershy side has kicked in, it took me half an hour to write that post. i do not know why i am so open to the fandom in the real world, but so cooped up and nervous online. maybe some advice for the forum noob?

• Brohoof 1

2 years, that's longer than me! But welcome to us, I'm sure you'll find something entertaining on here.

yes, it is. *sigh* my fluttershy side has kicked in, it took me half an hour to write that post. i do not know why i am so open to the fandom in the real world, but so cooped up and nervous online. maybe some advice for the forum noob?

Well if you need it there's the FAQ

http://mlpforums.com/page/faq

The rules

http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

And other help files

http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

My name is Nayru and welcome to our forums!! I suggest going around the forums and meeting new people! That is defiantly the best way to get rid of any anxiety!  laugh.png

If you ever need anything, or have comments, questions or concerns, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help out!

thanks for the warm welcomes. now that my vigour has returned, i can say that my scientific skills help me in dealing with hater logic and philosophy. I tend to leave them drowning in their own arguments. So i would be willing to help counter any arguments a hater might throw. just ask, and leave me some time to think. (Is this going little too far for my first posts?)

Hey, don't worry about it! All of us were noobs at one time, and I see new people join all the time! Just hang out, and be yourself. Find some topics that interest you.