Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord might be a cenocroca?

A. Hesediel

So I was doing a research about mythological creatures, when I red this ''cenocroca''; intrigued I decided to read something about it, and I found just one page on Wikipedia available only in the italian language. This ''cenocroca'' (this is the italian word for the creature, I still don't know what is the english word for it) is described with this characteristics:

-it has a human voice;

-instead of the teeth, it has only one solid bone;

-it has a lion's fauces and chest;

-the body of a donkey;

-the horns of a steinbock;

-an horse's feet but divided like the foot of an ox;

-it never moves its pupils and always looks straight ahead.

As you can see, some characteristics recall the appearance of Discord, even if his wings, lion and eagle parts aren't mentioned, and the cenocroca used to be considered as an hybrid between a dog and a wolf in ancient times, this creature recalls some of Discord's features. And also one of Discord's famous words used is ''Arrivederci!'', which is italian like the cenocroca. So, concludingwhat do you think that there could be a relation between this mythological creature and Discord?

I've always seen 'Draconequus' as a specific type of subspecies for the species Chimera, which is a creature made up of numerous body parts. But that's fairly interesting, the tooth thing in-particular is a tad specific too, so it makes you wonder. I imagine it may have been numerous things they based him off of.

• Brohoof 1