Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Equestrian Exploration Team and the unfortunate event (Survival) CONT.

harmonyplus

@, Novella squinted and looked about a bit flustered at Selune's question.

"Well..I...I'm not sure...To tell you the truth I have no idea why it's so interesting. I just want to swim out to it and fade into it... It's just so pretty." She stammered quietly and broke her gaze at the horizon a bit. She stared down at the sand, blushing a bit. She was kind of disappointed in herself and embarrassed because she was distracted so easily. 

Compass didn't understand why everypony was covering their faces. 

"Well, I heard yelling, so I came. It's that simple." She calmly replied. Compass had caught a very quick look at Gearbox's eye. She did not understand why it looked like it did."

"What's up with your eye?" she asked.

((OOC: Oh, I'm so sorry! It happened again! That was still me posting, not my sister. I wish I was a bit more careful...))

( I still have a ton of room left, so can I ask a question? How can I improve my roleplaying? Is it good enough as it is? What do you recommend I try doing?)

(edited)

@@harmonyplus,

Plague stopped moving when she spoke of his eye, "I have something i'm also hiding from everypony other than Gearbox." Sighing for a moment he turned around to stared her in the face. "We both have something to hide from others. Mine is my face with all the cuts and the dark past that comes with it." Taking a seat on the ground as he spoke. "I don't like talking about my past but I'll answer a few questions if you wish to ask."

Edited by Plague Doctor

(edited)

@@harmonyplus,

Gearbox sighed, slowly lowering his hooves to show his eye.

It was clearly brass in construction, and other then the black glass iris, it was a bronze plate, with slits to move in different ways.

"It's how i see." He said solemnly. "I lost my eye many years ago, and this was my replacement." He said, lifting his head up so he could look compass in the eye.

"I didn't want to show anypony. That's why i had the goggles." He said, waving his hoof in the general direction of the cave.

Edited by MyLittleCell

@,@@harmonyplus

"But they're broken." He sighed. "And now i have this...Stupid rag to cover my eyes."

He shook his head.

"Plague knew." He said, nodding to him. "But he kept my secret." And i kept his. 

Gearbox knew they both had other secrets, but he knew it wasn't the time. Having shown her this has been likely traumatizing enough, he thought.

@@MyLittleCell,

"If it means anything I lost my mask in the forest due to some events that happen this morning." Hearing a faint scream coming from behind. Checking his eye for a read from one of his birds, but only a static feed came through, "Forgive me if i seem on edge...just somethings have come back to haunt me." His mechanical eye turning red. "This isn't good...i can't see out of the eye anymore."

Compass was rather scared, but not that surprised. "Well, okay. You know, it said in your application sheets that you had some injuries. I should of guessed that's what the mask and goggles where for." Compass then turned towards Plague. "The poison from that thorn could still have effects of him, you know. Do you know any about anything that could help?" she asked in a serious manner.

@@Toxic Widow"Is something wrong? Wait... were you daydreaming? It has happened to me. I've learned the hard way how to distinguish truth from lies. One day i remember when i snapped out of my day-dreaming i realized i had been casting spells to enhance my daydreaming. It terrified those around me... and so i left."

@@harmonyplus,

"Well yes and no...unless i know the effect of the poison i really can't treat it, but we could always just give him anti-venom." Pulling out a small vial of anti-venom. "This is my last bottle of this stuff, so unless we go explore around this place looking for supplies all the medicines with be limited most of my supplies were washed away or destroyed." Tinkering with his eye as he spoke.

@@harmonyplus@,

Gearbox ignored compass' question to look up at plague.

"Is it your eye? or..." He didn't want to say it, but he forced it out. "Is it your crow? Did something happen to him?"

Gearbox knew that crow was doing a lot for them, and he didn't want another pair of eyes going missing.

@@MyLittleCell,

"I don't know...there are many factors that could be the problem, but some of my crows have gone missing lately...i doubt that anything happen to him it's just has to be something with my eye. I'll mess with it once I get back to the cave for now I'm going to try and find my mask." Handing the vial of anti-venom to Gearbox.

@, "No..I'm sure I'm not daydreaming..This is real. I mean it feels real.. Maybe it's just the island again. Playing tricks on me. Or maybe I just stayed up too late last night." Novella replied, thinking aloud. She turned her back to the ocean, trying not to fall under its spell once more.

@@Toxic Widow,  "If you need to sleep i would be glad to sit by you and guard you. I think i got my fair share of sleeping . I really wouldn't mind! To be honest you seem like you need it, you wouldn't want to be in bad shape anyways when the time comes. *Sigh* We really need to find out what's wrong here if we're ever to get back. Well we ARE an exploration team afterall!"

@, "I don't sleep. It's just nerves. Have you guys found out anything else?" Novella asked, changing the subject. She really didn't want to talk about sleep. It's not that she wanted to sleep, but couldn't get any, it's that all of this talking of sleep made her feel like no one was doing anything. She kept thinking about what she would want the characters to do if this was an adventure novel. When she looked at what they were doing...She was slightly disappointed.