Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament (FULL!)

Literally Snails

Radio looked at the bored in the waiting room and saw she was already lined up with another match. She frowned, Don't give a pony much of a break... I wonder if they'll make us fight all night, or if they'll let us sleep. Is there even a night here? She looked around for something to drink.

@ragestar "What's with all the haste to end this so quickly??!" Artemis asked as she tried to quickly run from him coming at her in flames. She tried to shoot him quickly when he came down. "What is he so sorry for?" Artemis thought as she tried to shoot her arrow at Crimson.

Crimson saw that the attack failed and used a blast of fire to slow his impact, and roll saftely to the ground, he then dodged the oncoming arrows, and stopped, breathing heavily he looked sadly at his opponent, "your pretty damn good, but your swordsmanship needs work though" he frowned, "sorry for the rush, I wanted to finish this quickly, and since only one Of us may leave here alive then I should tell you why" he ignited his hoof, "I'm here to use the wish to bring my sister back... and fullfill a promise a made to a freind... to try and spare anypony I fight!!" He yelled with tears in his eyes, but your persistance is making it hard for me to keep both of their promises! But I don't expect you to give up... no... infact I would prefer you fight with all you have... either way, I won't be keeping one pf these promises!" He lifted his flaming hoof in front of him, and smiled devilishly, "sorry for the sobb story, I just wanted to tell sompony that incase I don't survive this, so now... if you don't mind let's finish this!!" He yelled in glee, rushing her with flaming punch.

@ragestar Artemis dodged his attack. She felt a little sorry for him. "So that's why..." She thought. "All right. I'll fight with all I got! I won't hold back!" Artemis said as she smirked. She tried to shoot at him quickly another time. "Let's do this then.,," Artemis thought.

Crimson smiled as he dodged an arrow, "I should tell you... I haven't used every trick I've got yet!!" Said crimson, as he put up his hoof and flames swurled around his feet, as they were beginning to take shape, after a few moments the flames solidified into thousands of flaming spiders, that were now making there way towards artemis. Crimson grinned evilly, "watch it, they may be small, but they burn like a bitch when they bite!!!"

@ragestar Artemis was scared. "I must not show weakness." Artemis thought. She quickly dashed back and shot arrows at as many spiders as she could. She also used her unicorn powers to throw some spiders away from her. She also managed to try to shoot a arrow at Crimson.

Crimson quickly dodged the oncoming arrow, and ran towards artemis, he then jumped into the air above her and made a slicing motion with his hoof that sent a large flaming gust at her "CRIMSON GALE!!" He yelled, "maybe the spider thing was a bit extreme, but it was nececary to distract her, I need all the time I can get if I want this next move to work!" He thought.

@ragestar Artemis noticed Crimson. Artemis dodged Crimson's attack away from the spiders quickly and lifted Crimson with her unicorn powers. She also lifted the spiders with her unicorn powers and tried to shoot Crimson and his spiders. "I have to try to end this quickly. That's what he wanted...Right?" she thought.

Crimson saw his attack fail, and felt himself lift higher into the air, and stop, now being held in place by artemises magic, he then saw her notch an arrow, and let it loose. The arrow was seemingly aimed at his heart, but just before the arrow could hit its mark, he telaported behind her, and used his normal hoof to try and merely knock her unconcious, "its over.." whispered crimson into her ear. "Youll wake up with a splitting headach, but At least you'll be alive." He thought.

(edited)

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint felt himself being pulled through space as he disappeared. Acting quickly, he fed his own magic into the fire and managed to reappear several feet away. His lance was stuck in Rune's now scaly hide, and electricity surged through him. The dragon simply grinned, however, seemingly unaffected. The wound in Swordpoint's side filled him with pain.

"Unholy abomination... You are so sure of yourself. You think that his screams will stop me? No, I am doing him a great favor." In truth, Rune's screams were haunting. Every one reverberated through Swordpoint's mind, filling him with pain and remorse. Okay... What do I know about him? So far, he can breathe fire... and use a teleportation flame. He can't seem to feel pain, and his hide is thick and scaly. He continued to size up his opponent. His horn... The dragon cannot use magic. And now that his little teleportation rune is out of the way, he will have a difficult time getting me back inside the circle.

Swordpoint's eyes glowed gold, and his lance disappeared from Rune's hide and reappeared in his hoof. The tip was covered with blood.

Perhaps if I keep distance between us... I can defeat him with magic.

Edited by Justin_ZW

@ragestar Artemis ran as quickly as she could. She turned around quickly and tried to shoot him again with her bow and arrows by holding him with her unicorn powers. "I need to think of something else to beat him if this doesn't work..." Artemis thought quietly. 

Crimson used his unicorn magic to once again teleport away from her attack, and put some distance between himself and artemis, "damn she's more persistant than I thought! When will that bucking thing fini-" he stopped, as he felt a burning sensation in his mid-section, he smiled, "if this doesn't work...." he thought darkly, as he rushed forward oncemore, seemingly in an attempt to hit her with a flaming hoof, but insteade he once again jumped above her and exhaled, but insteade of breathing fire, he breathed a wave of some form of burning gas, that soon spread its way around the arena, "check...." said crimson sadly.

@ragestar Artemis tried to quickly dash away from it. Then, she put up a force field with her unicorn magic. "I can't give up now!" she thought. Then, she started lifting her arrows with her unicorn magic and tried to stab Crimson with them. "I hope this will work" Artemis thought.

Crimson barely dodged most of them, but one arrow managed to pegg him in his left leg, but he quickly pulled it out and rolled to the away, once he was a safe distance away, he looked up at artemis with determination in his eyes, "do you feel the burning sensation in your lunges yet? It hurts doesn't it? This gas has other special abilities, besides just stinking like ass, its also highly flamable, and poisoness, but don't worry, its not deadly, it just makes you pass out, but either you let it do its job and put you to sleep, or I blow this entire arena sky-high, I'll survive, and so will most of the audience that aren't in the front row, but you won't be so lucky" he lifted his right hoof infront of his face, "all it takes is one spark, and its all over! So what's your next move?" He asked warily.

(edited)

@

"Hmmmph, if you don't want to visit my keep I'll jusst have to go myself and bring back a toy for usss to play with. But first I don't want there to be any accidental count out do I?"  And with that he let out a little puff of fire, the fire swirled in place forming tight ball it swirled with colors.  Every color in existence moving through it and it simply held in the air, floating above the arena. Knightfall closed his mouth ending Rune's screams and when he spoke again his voice was soft, comforting and as sweet as sugar.  Still the quite voice reached everyone watching, as if he was whispering into there ear and his forked tongue was tickling the inside of their mind.  "Do you see thisss fire?  It is beautiful isn't it?  So mesmerizing, you just can't look away can you?"

Some members of the audience gave mumbled monotone answers of "yes..."  "Good. Good. Don't look away, focusss on the flame.  The flame is all that matter all that exisstsss.  I want you to ssstay perfectly sssstill and look only at the flame as long as it isss there nothing else matterssss.  There is no match, no fight, no concern, no count out.  Understand?"

Silence, complete silence from everypony around arena. "Heh, heh.  Goood. I'll be right back, but you won't even know I wasss gone."  And with that he lifted his hoof in front of his mouth and let a breath of the green flame on to it.  The flame caught and raced across his body leaving nothing behind.  His body disappearing into the smoke.

Edited by Fivefs

@@Fivefs, Standoff looked to one of the screens and had to make sure the picture wasn't broken. All movement in the arena had stopped, and Knightfall was gone. He ran out and tried to figure out a course of action. All of the ponies in the arena seemed to be hypnotized, including the ref. Lovely.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Fivefs

Swordpoint realized what the dragon was doing, but the realization came too late. He became transfixed by the strange orb, feeling all of his thoughts and desires wash away. Stop! a voice in his head called. You must not look! Turn your head! Close your eyes! The voice grew fainter and fainter, however.

Swordpoint dropped his lance, and it fell toward the ground. Before it hit the ring, it stopped, floating in mid-air. It began to glow and float back toward Swordpoint.

"This flame..." Swordpoint said dreamily. "It is more beautiful than anything..."

"More beautiful than a rainbow?" a familiar voice called. At once, Swordpoint's thoughts returned. He quickly turned away from the swirling flame. His lance floated in front of him.

"C-Celestia?" he asked, confused. It is not possible... How could she be speaking to me?

"It is well that I gave you the armor and lance. It seems that they have already saved your life."

Swordpoint reached his hoof out to the lance. "How are we speaking? Is this the work of your magic, my Princess?"

The voice echoed again. "Yes. It is an enchantment I placed upon the lance when you told me about the tournament. But there is little time, and you must heed my words."

Swordpoint nodded. "Yes, Princess."

"The villain you face is no longer Rune Breaker. He is an ancient dragon by the name of Knightfall. He has completely overtaken Rune's body, although Rune is still trapped inside."

Swordpoint closed his eyes and felt a pang of fear. "...Can I save him?"

"...I'm sorry," she replied, the sadness in her voice standing out. "But I do know this. You are stronger than Rune Breaker, both physically and mentally. I am sure that Knightfall means to take your body for his own. You must not give him the chance."

Swordpoint's stomach squirmed at the thought of the evil dragon occupying his body. "I will not, Princess. Thank you."

An image of Celestia flooded into his mind. She stood tall, bearing a kind smile. "Good luck, Swordpoint."

The glow of his lance dissipated, and he hastily grabbed it before it could fall to the ground. I suppose that I can only await his return, now... And if I am left with no other choice... I will destroy myself before I allow him to take me.

His resolve strengthened, Swordpoint closed his eyes and waited for Knightfall's return.

Edited by Justin_ZW

@, @@Fivefs

Standoff knew what to do. He hoofed it down the stairs, knocking over as many ponies as possible on the way down (a lot), and got into the ring. Not acknowledging Swordpoint, he located the ref and promptly punched her in the head, breaking the spell. Acting fast, he got out of the ring before the stunned mare got up.

@ragestar "Should I give up?" Artemis asked herself. She didn't know what to do. She ran away to the other side of the arena. She used her unicorn magic to make the strongest force field she could. She made more arrows fly at Crimson. "I said I wouldn't hold back." she thought.

(edited)

@

Swordpoint heard the sound of hoofsteps and opened his eyes. He saw the other pony from the lobby running toward the hypnotized ref. What is he doing...?

The pony punched the ref in the face and hastily retreated. I see. Well, this is no longer about the tournament. Even if they disqualify him, he'll just destroy them. But that was a noble gesture, Standoff, and I will not forget it.

Edited by Justin_ZW

Crimson quickly dodged the oncoming arrows, and ran up to the magical barrier, and jumped into the air oncemore lighting his hoovs on fire and forming a large flaming mass, after a few moments the mass took shape into that of a dragon, and pounced down upon artemises berrier at full speed, "block this!" yelled crimson, landing in a roll on the ground, "you've fought bravely..." thought crimson sadly.

@ragestar Artemis moved away from the dragon. She ran quickly with the force field still up. She threw the arrows as quickly as she could at Crimson. "Wow! that's a big dragon!" Artemis thought. She also tried to throw arrows at the dragon. "I wonder if he has more tricks up his sleeve." Artemis thought.

Crimson didn't see one of the arrows in time, and it went straight through his ear, leaving a small hole, he winced in pain, "SONOFABITCH!!! IF IT WANTED MY EAR TO BE PIERCED, I WOULDVE ASKED!!!" Yelled crimson in pain, as he dodged the rest of the arrows, "you know I'm starting to think I'm the one taking all the damage here!" Said crimson in an annoyed tone, before he stuck up his right hoof out before him, and after a moment of concentration, he swiped his hoof diagonally and a large flaming whip extended from it, crimson then smiled, "are there any daring doo fans in the audience tonight?" Said crimson asked before striking at artemis with it, but insteade of trying to hit her with it, he attempted to disarm her of her bow by trying to wrap the whip around it, "when I get my hands on that damn bow, I'm gonna snap it in half!!" Said crimson angrily, remembering how many times she had nailed him with arrows.

@ragestar "A whip huh?" Artemis thought. Artemis quickly pulled out the sword behind her on her back and tried to cut the whip with it as fast as she could. "Wow! I really gave him a piercing!"  Artemis thought. She still had her force field up. "He has a lot of tricks up his sleeve!" Artemis thought.

Crimson smiled and raised an eyebrow, "are you really trying to cut fire?" Asked crimson as the sword passed harmlessly through the whip, and wrapped itself around her bow, "sorry, only I can physically touch fire, it comes with the territory." Said crimson confidently.