Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Unexpected Trip to the Human World (Closed!)

Hypn0ticD

@@Dawn Stripes, "That's right, and humans, too," Cicada replied. "Apparently, we were not always like this. There are books in the Hive archives which speak of curses, and of changelings once being different. Old mare's tales, perhaps, but maybe there's some truth among the myths."

~~~

@@Hypn0ticD, @@00Pony, Clare motioned to Stephen to sit down. "I'm not really sure," she said with a sigh. "It's just a feeling I have. I always call it my 'women's intuition'."

~~~

@, Ooc: Louise's pony name is Night Star.

"I already know where they have been taken," she replied. "But maybe if you can find something here, we'd have a legitamite reason for heading there."

@@Pripyat Pony

"Amazing." Twilight scribbled for page after page. "The libraries have endless hoofbooks for the guard on how to disable a changeling--weak points in their wings and carapace--and how to try and tell a fake from a real pony. But there's so much we don't know about Changelings--their biology, their culture. Celestia will be fascinated..."
For a moment, she entirely forgot her company and continued to monologue under her breath as she made a few marginal notes, speculations and questions for further study. The clock on her bedside which read a quarter to eleven was quite forgotten now.

"Can you smell my feelings right now, Cicada?"

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Pripyat Pony, ((OOC:Alright i am going to be guilty if i stretch this but i wanted to do this)) Dennis inspected the area around him inch by inch. He was meticulous and quick... effective and determined. No matter what he focused on the task at hand... his determination had woken something inside him that left him restless. Soon he came to find what the agents had missed... it seems they left in a hurry to keep everything quiet. Little did they know they left something behind...

She had given it to her... a pendant of an angel woman which he grasped tightly on his hand. "Louise... take a look at this... i gave it to Rainbow Dash. It must have fell from her... wait a minute... what's THAT?" ((OOC:I am going to leave "that" to your imagination as to find another clue. It might be a card, a parchment of cloth with a mark... or anything... so long as we keep it quick we should be able to head back with the others soon.

@@Dawn Stripes, Cicada replied to Twilight, "Yes, I can. Interest, love for your friends, and an emotion quite unique; a thirst for knowledge. But don't worry, I won't take anything. As I said before, we're allies."

@, It was a rubber chicken with a crazy pink bow tied around its neck. Louise picked it up. "I searched Pinkie Pie," she said, "And this is one of the items I took from her." There was also a small, tasteful pendant on a silver chain; three diamond shaped jewels, which had belonged to Rarity. It had been one of the items that Charles had bought for her. Louise showed it to Charles. "Do you recognise this?" @@Fireblaze,

(edited)

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Fireblaze, @@Dawn Stripes, @,

((Seeing as Group 1's still at the heliport… and did no one see my last post as Colette??))

Colette had been driving for about an hour and a half and still saw no sign of Louise or Charles' cars. She slowed down and called Dennis and placed the phone on speaker, listening to the dial tone…

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@@Dawn Stripes, Cicada replied to Twilight, "Yes, I can. Interest, love for your friends, and an emotion quite unique; a thirst for knowledge. But don't worry, I won't take anything. As I said before, we're allies."

@, It was a rubber chicken with a crazy pink bow tied around its neck. Louise picked it up. "I searched Pinkie Pie," she said, "And this is one of the items I took from her." There was also a small, tasteful pendant on a silver chain; three diamond shaped jewels, which had belonged to Rarity. It had been one of the items that Charles had bought for her. Louise showed it to Charles. "Do you recognise this?" @@Fireblaze,

@Pripyat Pony, @Nioniosbbb,

Charles see this as it was Rarity one he bought for her and he do remember it too. “Yes it was the one I bought for her and how did you get it?” Charles saying as he was remember that while he was thinking that this can be the only thing that can prove they are there too.

@@Fireblaze,@@Hypn0ticD, @@Pripyat Pony, ((OOC:Hypno... just because you're ahead and rushing a bit doesn't mean the rest have to)) Figuring as they did whatever they could do Dennis spoke once again. He was in a hurry... eager to once again get into action, to continue helping. This shouldn't end... this was just the start.

"Alright i think this is it... let's get going before Colette and the others get too far ahead okay?" Right as he said it the phone in his pocket vibrated and the rapid rythm of one of "Distubred"'s songs was heard. 

As his hand pulled the phone out of his pocket on the way to the car he looked at the call recognition. Colette... Speaketh the devil! Probably she would scold them for being too far behind... he didn't have the courage to face that so he didn't answer. Instead he sent her a message saying... 

"Where are you? We're on our way..."

@@Pripyat Pony

(OOC: Clop it. What does it take to make one of these bugs mad? Chrysalis was a lot easier to tick off.

Maybe I'll come up with another good pass in a few posts.)

Twilight chewed the end of the pen as it levitated into her mouth, staring into space. Friendship and curiosity...there was nothing there the Changeling--or anypony, for that matter--couldn't have simply guessed without any special powers.

She wondered...if she waited long enough around them, Twilight imagined she would get a demonstration, but as long as she was here.

"How far can these senses reach?" Twilight asked, peering through the windowblinds into the night. "They aren't impeded by walls or floors, are they? Can you smell any of what Applejack is feeling right now?"

• Brohoof 1

@,  

A couple of the soldiers chuckled in a mocking way at her statement of not liking being watched, but they didn't speak up on that point. The team of five divided slightly, three of them sleaning against the adjacent wall or sitting with their weapons cradled in their arms, looking in her direction. One stationed themselves before the door while another remained standing before the window, doing as they had been ordered to and watching her. Her request of being respected in that area was honored. One of the team, a stocky soldier bearing an Atchisson Assault shotgun, glanced at his one of his team mates, who bore a Bushmaster ACR, and scoffed, "Keep our minds out of the gutter? Last I checked my mind didn't go into gutters about anything that ain't human."

His team mate glanced at him from his position against the wall but only gave him a hard look that easily said 'shut up, you idiot'. The stare was enough to make the stocky man fall silent like the rest of the team. 

---

@@Hypn0ticD,@@Pripyat Pony,

Angie pursed her lips, her eyebrows furred and her arms crossed as she observed his stance for a few seconds before stepping over, "You've got the grip correct, but your stance is a teensy bit off. While there are shooting stances sorta like that, it's best to start simpler. Hold still except for where I move you," she knelt down and wrapped her hands around one knee and pushed back slightly, "Straighten out your knees, as if you were just standing there. Don't lock or tense them though, keep 'em relaxed." 

She then stood, turning her gaze to his torso briefly before she put one hand over his chest, at the center of his gravity, and another slightly lower on his spine and pushed gently in opposite directions, "You still have to lean into the weapon. A gun's kick varies with the size of the bullet if fires. 22. caliber rounds have little more kick than a BB gun. 9mm. are a bit stronger, and 45.s have a very nice kick, and by nice I mean hefty. The pistol your holding is chambered for a 45. caliber round, and though pistols are more in keeping your arms steady, you still want your center of gravity to be centered better than that." When she was satisfied with how he was standing, she stepped back slightly and glanced at the pistol's sights. She had to stand on her toe tips and lean slightly to get a better look at them, which brought her head a couple inches from Shawn's, "It's a bit difficult to tell from my angle, but it looks like you've got them lined up well enough. Just be sure when you're actually shooting to have the front most sight to be lined up with the two back sights when you look at them with your dominant eye. That way you know that you'll have a good chance of hitting whatever you're aiming at."

(this bit was written assuming Shawn is nearer the six foot range, whereas Angie is in the 5'4"-5" range)

Angie smirks slightly, fully aware of the contact she was making, but she was sure to stop at the smirk and returned to standing normally. She holds her hand out for the weapon, "Alright, so you've got an idea of the stance. I'll show you how to eject the magazine and toggle the safety on or off."

---

Logan shook his head slightly at Applejack's apology for her small vent, "There's no need to be sorry about it. That's one of the perks about me; I have no problem listening, be it to a rant or typical conversation. Especially with that accent." he responded with a slight chuckle, a smile creeping over his features at Ulysses' swishing tail.

He stopped moving when her arms wrapped around him, and almost instinctively he returned the gesture, giving a slight hum at her question - despite assuming it to be rhetorical. Whether she took his hum as a 'yes' or if his assumption was correct, Applejack continued, stating that though she had seen some of the devices humans had created and they potential, she was less afraid of them than the Changelings. Logan carried one such device only but a few inches from her arms, "Yeah, it is a bit strange." He tightened his embrace on her slightly, "But I can understand why you wouldn't trust them. If what I've heard about their actions against your home is fact, I wouldn't be too quick to trust them, either."

He held the embrace for a short time longer before releasing her and stepping back, taking in her presence beneath the light of a nearly full moon.  It was something he told himself often, and he was sure he had told her before, but he wanted to say it again, "You are exceptionally beautiful, you know that, Applejack?" It was a simple thing to say, but it still felt a bit foreign to him. He'd told women they were beautiful before, but they were usually family friends or personal friends that he cared about as just that. Never anyone he cared about the way he cared for her. 

(I'm often really bad at this aspect of rp's. Forgive me.)

---

At the knock, Diliges had entered a type of 'guard dog' mind frame. He didn't stand, or make a bolt for the door. His muscles tensed and he glared at the door, his body like a coiled spring as he waited to see who was beyond. From the 'scent' it wasn't anyone with a hostile intent, but then again, he hadn't had any hint of it from anyone here and he still felt something was wrong. He watched as it was opened. Ah, it was just Stephen, the man responsible for providing Cicada with a home while she was here. The Changeling captain remained silent as Clare and the other human conversed for a few seconds, the former bringing up the point of their shared paranoia as a reason for her being tense. She passed it off as 'woman's intuition', and that prompted Diliges to speak, "Or in my case, being a military officer of an espionage unit. Last I checked I'm male." He said with little pause between Clare's sentence and his own.

The Changeling stood and glanced at the door leading to the hallway, before looking back to the two humans, "I cannot shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen. It may just be worry for my Queen, or her emotions bleeding off onto me - and the fact that she relayed to me that the same people that nabbed her were seeking to take us and the ponies in our company as well - and as such I cannot allow myself to relax with this feeling in my mind. Last time I did so I nearly got myself killed. Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary, Stephen?"

---

The Desk Clerk hadn't really let up her typing on the computer since the group had left. A few times she stopped to stretch and massage her hand's muscles, or take a sip from the mug of lukewarm tea beside her. She glanced up at some of the other staff walking about in the foyer, and even a few of the other guests. Their eyes were turned to her. None of the group were out here, some of them were outside but most were in their rooms. Two had gone out one of the back doors, as evidenced by the establishment's security feed on her computer monitor. They were just humans, so there wasn't much of a need to seek them out. Besides, she didn't want to think to deeply on what they might be doing.

She was slightly more interested in the human and Equestrian that had left the normal way a little earlier. Them they might have to seek out. Something told her that as soon as they heard any hint of an altercation or commotion coming from here, they'd come running. From what she'd heard about them in briefing, the human was a cop and the Equestrian was keen on her pals being safe. Even with four of them out of the building, and the others in their respective rooms, speaking aloud wouldn't be a wise decision. You can never know, after all. If two of these extraterrestrials were in some way connected to the one they already had in custody, they might be suspicious. Best to keep it as low key as possible. She took her hands from the keyboard, grasping her mug with one and resting her other on the counter top where it would be visible. She tapped her fingers, as if bored and she was trying to imitate the rhythm of a song that she had stuck in her head.

She kept this up for a bit, then glanced at the other occupants. A few nodded, one tapped his fingers on the coffee table before him in a similar pattern and stood, making his way for the door, fishing a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. Once outside, the man walked out to the corner of the sidewalk and took a cigarette from the packet and placed it in his lips, returning the pack to it's pocket. He then removed a lighter and turned the wheel, causing a flame to materialize. He left it on for a short while, moving it to the cigarette in his lips but not allowing it to catch. He extinguished it before lighting it again, and once more not moving it to light his cigarette. As before, he extinguished it and repeated the process several more times before he finally raised the lighter to his smoke and lit it.

From a normal perspective, it might seem fairly normal, if a bit dumb on the man's part not to shield it. But if you were aware of the code and were looking at the action from a mile's distance, through a scope mounted on a high powered sniper rifle, and lying down in front of a helicopter in the middle of a field, it meant that things were going to kick off before too long. Warlord nodded slightly, despite it being invisible to the man before the motel. Reaching over, he tapped the old phone beside him, watching as the man before the motel reached into his pocket and answered the call only to hang up shortly after. Everyone knew what was going on now. Just a few more minutes before the party got started. He wasn't sure if they'd wait for the two that had wandered off to come back, but either way, things were going to start happening before too long. He got started on steeling himself for what he may have to do. A rifle like his wouldn't really be the best for taking folks 'alive', but he would be able to help keep their heads down for a bit before firing up the chopper and flying over. Things were going to go well, he felt that in his gut.

(Might have been able to do better on this post, but eh.)

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Dawn Stripes, @, @,

((Speak for yourself, Nios! A few if us wanna get to the sequel!))

Colette caught sight of her phone vibrating on the dash, letting her know that she had received a text. Shit~! She was in position to answer back!

"Hey, Flutters? Can you see of that's from Dennis, and if it is, can you hand the phone to Cat?" Colette then looked at the blonde woman in her back seat through her rearview mirror. "Hey Cat? If that is Dennis, can you text him back and tell him where we are??"

((…That should be enough to get a response from Catherine and Fluttershy, right??))

@@Hypn0ticD, ((OOC:I feel like my opinion isn't counted here. I mean this is hurting THIS Rp in favor of the sequel. I am not doing it about myself... i am doing it for everyone of you.))@@00Pony,She didn't listen to them... she had shut down herself to outside influences. She heard them of course but... the things they said just entered from one ear and got out from the other. She was asleep... and she was in deep thought... and deep thought causes deep dreams. She wasn't the one to dwell upon it but from the events that happened to her she couldn't escape... they haunted her in her sleep. She dreamed about Kai'sa, Justus, and David ((OOC:Who by the way we have forgotten... )). It was the supposed first time Justus and Kai'sa clashed... he saw his magic like a twisted fiend wrapping around her head.

"No... no... no..." her head moved in her sleep and her words... quiet at first but then increasing in volume. Her eyes were shifting behind her eyelashes... she was struggling in her sleep to shake the nightmare away but it wouldn't go... why would it no go away? What was it about this nightmare that held such a grip upon her?

"David, David! Save her! Help me!" she struggled to move her heavy arms in her sleep... David answered her call in the dream... trying to fight for her, struggling with arms bare and weapons alike... but the vision of Justus was not phased... and instead mercilessly stroke down the human. This was too much for her... too much... she screamed with all her might as she woke up from the Nightmare with the sound of Justus' laugh still echoing her ears. She didn't seem to notice or bother from the humans watching her... she let out her tears freely flow as she spoke to herself.

"Why can't i help them... why... Oh maker have i not paid for my sins enough?" at that time she realized once again her current situation... and as she shared an emotionless look with all of them she proceeded to remain silent attempting to calm herself down so she could sleep later. Her heart beat fast and her breath was something she was trying to control... nevertheless she silently wiped her own tears and face.

@@Hypn0ticD @~Shadow Wolf~,@Pripyat Pony

Fluttershy picked up the phone. Where are you? We're on our way?

She gave the phone to Catherine, demurely folding her hands deep in her lap as she held onto the side of her seat, watching the scenery speed past at illegal rates outside. "We're close, aren't she?" she murmured to Catherine. "It can't be far now."

@@00Pony, @@Pripyat Pony,

((To hell with the accent thing for now! It's a friggin' chore when ya have no vocal reference, at best!))

Stephen took up the offer and sat in a nearby chair, smirking at Claire's remark and snickrer a bit as Diliges made his remark about being male.

His smirk faded when Diliges continued, being replaced by a look of deep thought. "I can't say that I have, no…" he said as he tried to think of anyone that stuck out to him--at least more than normal, which proved to be fruitless. "I feel kinda daft, but I keep drawin' up blanks! Should we inform the Princess, though??"

@Hypn0ticD, , @Dawn Stripes,

Catherine took the phone from Fluttershy and nodded in response to her. She typed into the phone, We shouldn't be too far out now. We'll be there in just a little bit, then pressed send and put the phone back on the centre console. Hopefully this would all be over soon. They could get the rest of the ponies and Chrysalis, and send them back home, then things should be trouble-free. At least she hoped.

@, @@Hypn0ticD@@Pripyat Pony,@@Fireblaze, ((OOC:Come on guys let's hurry a bit... the OP is in a hurry)) They were close... and they were behind. Shit. He had to hurry... if they missed their chance and acted recklessly they would end up failing... No, no, no... he had to be there. He sent back a message.
"We'll be there... please don't be reckless." He then turned to Louise who was driving the car. "I think we need to gather up... i just hope what we do is enough to get them out."

@@00Pony,

((I think the twins're 5'10", but I'm too lazy to check right now!))

Shawn allowed Angie to correct his stance, also taking note of how close the EMT was to his person, but paying no mind. He then held the stance for a few moments, committing it to memory before relaxing, holding up the pistol and smirking at the brunette. "So, did I look badass or what??" Shawn asked with a bit of a chuckle.

He closed the gap between them, reaching around and wrapping an arm around her shoulders once more. "Well, why don't we get to know each other a little better first?"

((Wow, that was clumsy! I'm pretty hit or miss with romance :( ))

@@Hypn0ticD, @@00Pony, Clare sat on the bed deep in thought. At last she spoke. "I think that we should."

~~~

@@Fireblaze, @,

Louise put her foot down on the accelerator of her car with an almost fiendish glee. They needed speed, and to catch up with the others. She said to Charles, "Can you scramble the police radios? Last thing we need now is to be stopped."

@@00Pony,

((Gonna try making a better post…))

"Aww, yer just being nice!" Applejack cooed upon hearing Logan comment her on her accent. AJ had seen the show a few times, and while things were scarily accurate here and there, she had noticed that the Apple Family's accents weren't quite as heavy…*

Applejack hummed as Logan embraced her, tightening her grip on him in return until he pulled away, looking ever so handsome in the silvery moonlight.

"You are exceptionally beautiful, you know that, Applejack?"

Applejack's breath caught in her throat for a moment, feeling her face grow exceptionally hot. She turned her head down and away, biting her lip. "Now yer just bein' powerful nice! Ah ain't all dat purdy! But…" Applejack returned her gaze to Logan's strong, chiselled face. "You sure r a handsome devil!"

Applejack lifted herself up on her toes, bringing her lips to meet Logan's, parting them slightly as she brought him into a passionate kiss…

((*That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!))

@Pripyat Pony, @nioniosbbb, @Hypn0ticD, @00Pony.

Then Charles ooh out a Police Scramble since it was NSA Stander and he smiles. “Ask you shall receive.” Then he began to scramble the Police Radios messing with them too. Then they were done and only think they need to look out for Speeders heading to Illinois. “Done they be looking for Speeders heading to Illinois instead of us.”

@@Hypn0ticD, Pinkie giggled at Abernathy's question. "Well, I didn't get found myself," she replied. "I just saw that Rainbow was in Racine on the computer thingy, and so I went there to find her. I always look out for my friends. And lots of humans helped me get there. Everypony was just so friendly to me."

(edited)

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Fireblaze, @@Dawn Stripes, @,

"If I'm reading the map correctly, we're only about halfway there…" Colette admitted. "Dash and Pinkie are clear across the state, and I wanna get as much ground covered as possible." Colette caught sight of her phone vibrating again, no doubt from Dennis.

Colette decelerated after a time, pulling into a gas station. "As much as I don't want to, Imma pull over and get some gas, and give the others a chance to catch up a little…"

Colette pulled up next to a pump, stepping out and stretching a bit before filling up the tank. "Guys, why don't you walk around for a bit? Just don't go too far!"

She stepped away from the pump a bit to take a look at her phone to read Dennis' latest message:

>>We'll be there... please don't be reckless.<<

>>Well, hurry! I'm parked at a gas station, but I wanna get back on the road, and quick!<<

Abernathy smirked at Pinkie Pie's answer for a change. "Again, I find myself in no way surprised!"

Abernathy then focused her attention on the now silent Rainbow Dash. "And what about you? Do you have an 'awesome' or 'cool' story for me? The sooner you speak up the sooner the both of you can leave this room!"

@@00Pony,

"Then let's go, then," Stephen said as he rose to his feet. He led the way down the hall to the door across from his own, knocking. "Princess? You in there? There's something you need to know…"

((Again, can't really think of anything for poor Stephen… why don't you get your agents to start the party, 00?))

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@Pripyat Pony@@Hypn0ticD

Rainbow Dash glared up at Abernathy for the briefest of moments, a fire flickering in her irises before she felt it doused. Rainbow cast he gaze to the floor; she couldn't manage to look the human in the eye.

"The...the girl...Colette. She found me by the side of the road," she mumbled obediently. "S'all I remember. Please. Now let me go."

(edited)

@@Pripyat Pony, @@Dawn Stripes,

"Oh? Is that it? That's all I get from the tough and mighty Rainbow Dash? Such a let down!" Abernathy said, feigned disappointment dripping from her voice. She added her facade by bringing a hand to her cheek. She dropped her hand as she addressed the Ponies again, losing the tone as well. "Oh well. Maybe I'll get more outta you tomorrow." Abernathy said as she rose to her feet, heading for the door.

"I'll let you both go to your cell for the evening. Tomorrow's gonna bring another crack at MRI scan. Today's tests were extremely disappointing, to say the least!" Abernathy cracked open the door and waved to two guards from the hall. "If you're both good, I'll both cut you some slack and have Paige interview you. She's somewhat softer than I am, but don't think you can take advantage of that softness."

The guards were now at the door, as the senior agent revealed as she opened the door more fully. "If you both screw around again, I'll have the researchers perform a full cavity search. See if they find any physical abnormalities."

Abernathy had the guards enter the room and lift the mares to their feet, and then down the hall. Abernathy followed closely behind the guards, who wordlessly walked the aliens back to their cell, stepping away once they entered. Abernathy stepped forward, sneering. "Best get used to the testing, girls. There's no way in hell that you're leaving this place."

With that, she closed the door the heavy lock sliding into place ominously, leaving the Ponies to themselves.

@, @@Fireblaze, @, @@Pripyat Pony, @@Dawn Stripes,

((Rarity and Catherine aren't doing much whilst they're waiting for the others…))

Colette had filled her father's tank, which didn't lose all that gas, much to her surprise. She had since moved the car into a parking space, and was now pacing back.and forth anxiously. Colette looked to the sky, and noticed it was quickly getting dark. She made her way over to Fluttershy, wrapping her arms around the Pegasus' waist from behind, placing her chin on her shoulder and tightening her embrace. "God damn, those guys better hurry their asses up!" She growled aloud. "Don't they wanna save Dash and Pinkie…??"

Colette sighed into her girlfriend's shoulder before speaking again, softer, but still loud enough to be heard. "Rares? Flutters? When the agents took you, did they do anything to you? Say anything??"

Edited by Hypn0ticD

@@Hypn0ticD, "They searched us," Rarity replied. "They took all sorts of things from us, and then they took us to the research site. Pinkie was really upset there; she only really got better after she decided to stay with Rainbow." Rarity bit her lip as she remembered.

"I wanted them to come with Fluttershy and I; I begged Pinkie to come but she said that she'd only slow us up cuz she'd twisted her fetlock and Rainbow was out of it. I feel so guilty cuz I left them behind!" Rarity began to sob.

~~~

Just at that moment, a car turned into the petrol station at speed; it ground to a halt just inches from Colette's car. Louise was in the driver's seat and she wound down the window to talk to Colette.

"Sorry we're late," she called. "But we're here now. And we know exactly where to go!"

@@Pripyat Pony,@@@Hypn0ticD,@@Dawn Stripes,@@Fireblaze, Dennis got out of the car with the pendant clenched in his fist simply waiting for the rest to just do what they had to. He didn't speak but he found himself close to Cat, Fluttershy, Colette from the other car. He was simply observing around him the surroundings murmuring between his teeth and scanning the area for hostile presences. Right now he was like a hawk standing atop something looking for prey... The chain of the pendant in his fist hang out of his hand. 

Edited by nioniosbbbb