Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

--old post, see "Equestrian Adventures"--

nickdh

(edited)

Hi! I am making a 3D RPG game all about ponies img-1521878-1-biggrin.png I just wanted a place to share the progress and post demos.. img-1521878-2-smile.png
So far, I only have two houses, the very start of the Everfree Forest, Ponyville Clock Tower, a "bits" system, day to night transitioning system w/ 24 hour format time, music, and yayz img-1521878-3-wink.png

Pics?:

More pics soon img-1521878-4-biggrin.png
Also, if you want to help, I sure would appreciate it! img-1521878-5-biggrin.png

Edited by nickdh
  • Brohoof 5

Hi! I am making a 3D RPG game all about ponies img-1521878-1-biggrin.png I just wanted a place to share the progress and post demos.. img-1521878-2-smile.png

So far, I only have two houses, the very start of the Everfree Forest, Ponyville Clock Tower, a "bits" system, day to night transitioning system w/ 24 hour format time, music, and yayz img-1521878-3-wink.png

Pics?:

More pics soon img-1521878-4-biggrin.png

Also, if you want to help, I sure would appreciate it! img-1521878-5-biggrin.png

that is very very very cool! :D i cant wait to see this when its done! too bad i dont program.. or do modeling.. or ANYTHING usefull xD 

anyhows, this looks really cool

• Brohoof 1

that is very very very cool! biggrin.png i cant wait to see this when its done! too bad i dont program.. or do modeling.. or ANYTHING usefull xD 

anyhows, this looks really cool

Thanks :D I'll be posting videos and more pics soon, there is only a very little amount of things, but I have a HUGE terrain to fill up :P

It should have flying capabilities as well when done (something I completely forgot about...)

• Brohoof 1

@, you model them? That's interesting. What engine do you use, if I may ask? I'm always interested in the game development side of the fandom. Sadly, they're poorly organized and scattered. They need to work in a team.

I would like to know more about this one. Can you please give me more information about it?

@, you model them? That's interesting. What engine do you use, if I may ask? I'm always interested in the game development side of the fandom. Sadly, they're poorly organized and scattered. They need to work in a team.

I would like to know more about this one. Can you please give me more information about it?

I model some. I did not model the houses, or clock tower. I use 3D Rad.

If you want some more information, you can email me at myclocks1@gmail.com

I'd rather share more detailed information personally :)

Today, there are some updates. New terrain, new ocean, roads, and am working on animation and getting more ponies (like Daring Do, Derpy, Twilight..) into the game. I will also be working on getting a fully functionally Rickshaw and also getting a Sweet Apple Acres. Does anypony have a map of Equestria I can follow, or should I make it myself? XD

(edited)

nickdh, on 04 Jun 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

I model some. I did not model the houses, or clock tower. I use 3D Rad.

If you want some more information, you can email me at myclocks1@gmail.com

I'd rather share more detailed information personally img-1524606-1-smile.png

Today, there are some updates. New terrain, new ocean, roads, and am working on animation and getting more ponies (like Daring Do, Derpy, Twilight..) into the game. I will also be working on getting a fully functionally Rickshaw and also getting a Sweet Apple Acres. Does anypony have a map of Equestria I can follow, or should I make it myself? XD

Tell you what. Instead of making a game just by yourself, why don't you make a kind of pony model library? You sure have the skill. Trust me. Making a game is hard and takes a lot of work. I'm not saying that you can't make a game. I'm just telling you to model things first instead of making a game just by yourself.

Here's what I suggest you to do. Model as many things as possible, and as good as possible. Like first, make a blank pony model. Make the running animation, flying, etc. Then make it customizable in colours, mane, tail, etc, so when you're done, you have a set of customizable pony creator people may use in their pony game.

If there's a new pony game team which comes with a new project, you can offer them your work, and you will be accepted at that very moment. That's how people do it out there. Some only make models and animation. Some other code the game, and when they need some visual enchantment for their games, they look around for models. There's where you will stand.

If you've made a moveable pony model, with variant choices of manes, tails, and customizable colour, you can make something else. Things that are general and everypony will use. Everyone uses ponies in pony games, so make it. What else? Foods maybe? They can use it for items. Make muffins, cupcakes, etc. Making Zecora's hut maybe a bad idea since not every project will use it.

Here's a risk which may happen if you do it like you do now. You may waste a lot of your models if you can't finish the game, and if you decide to join another project and offer them your models, you may as well waste some models which don't fit the game setting.

Don't worry. I'm sure there may be a new pony project anytime soon.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

Looks nice. The textures could use a little more work though.

Also, I got a little suggestion:

What about adding a Character Creator? So people can recreate their OCs and stuff.

Eh, I also got a question:

Is it Single Player only? Or will it be more like a MMORPG? Because there are many like that, and they all have done well over the years. Just look at Tales of Pirates!

Other than that, I wish you luck, because this looks like a very compromising project :P

(edited)

I think I will continue with the game, but thank you for your suggestion, Sky Warden. I've made some games in the past smile.png

Proton, I'm not quite sure. That would require some major scripting and work. I'll look into it, though.
It will be for offline (single player) and online (multiplayer) so that you can play games with friends biggrin.png Should be something like "SA:MP". Thanks smile.png

Looks nice. The textures could use a little more work though.
Also, I got a little suggestion:
What about adding a Character Creator? So people can recreate their OCs and stuff.

Eh, I also got a question:
Is it Single Player only? Or will it be more like a MMORPG? Because there are many like that, and they all have done well over the years. Just look at Tales of Pirates!

Other than that, I wish you luck, because this looks like a very compromising project tongue.png

Edited by nickdh
  • Brohoof 1

@@nickdh, try offline. Something with a playable Mane Six isn't for multiplayer gameplay. Think about it. What if many players want to play as Twilight at the freaking same time?

Like said, make a character creator. Make a base, so you can use it easily for other character.

@@nickdh, try offline. Something with a playable Mane Six isn't for multiplayer gameplay. Think about it. What if many players want to play as Twilight at the freaking same time?

Like said, make a character creator. Make a base, so you can use it easily for other character.

Well then there will be multiple Twilight's :P I will look into that, but it will be in the future. I have a few ideas on how to make that. It would come out in an update.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7599/lgt8879.png

Snowing in what is soon to be Ponyville! What a happy day for Sky Heavens! (the pony that you control)

I will have more objects in the game soon :) This is just a small update.

Listen to this song while looking at that image:

:P

• 3 weeks later...

So many updates :3
We had a major error on the grass. You jumped around when you moved on it, so that was updated. I got character AI working (well, not for Spitfire yet... when you try stopping her, she dissapears!) and now some ponies can talk to you! Like Vinyl Scratch for example. If you come within 2 feet of her face, she'll stop and say "Hey there, pal!" and will go back to walking (unless you're still 2 feet from her) after 5 seconds.

276t.png

Derpy is flying around in the air looking for her muffin(s).

ft1y.png

Rarity is waiting for the Carousel Boutique to arrive!

vgg.png

TARDIS. Will add Doctor Whooves and a mini game soon. :3

w8m.png

The water! :D It's animated!

llrp.png

R-DASH 5000

ehz5.png

Fluttershy's Shed (soon to be a minigame)

32bs.png

The start up menu!

3z8o.png

I think that covers about everything.
The gold coin in front of R-DASH 5000 and Fluttershy's Shed is 1 bit. :)
I will be releasing a demo alpha version for you smart people to play around with. I've been working on making it as externally/user editable as possible without users having to have the program and source code to edit it with. So far, that seems to be working out well. I'll explain in a readme, released with the demo.
I've been thinking of how I can create a pony creator type thing... it would be quite difficult, but I'm having ideas. Currently, the 'create your oc' tool in the menu is not working (neither is the credits) but will be soon (I hope).
Any questions? Suggestions? Feedback? I'd love to hear it! :D
Thanks!

I don't know much about programming or 3-D design, but I've added you on Skype.  I'm gonna be super busy for the next couple weeks, but if you ever need some music, maybe we can work something out.

I don't know much about programming or 3-D design, but I've added you on Skype.  I'm gonna be super busy for the next couple weeks, but if you ever need some music, maybe we can work something out.

Hiya.

Sorry about earlier, my skype was having some problems with the internet. >.<

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you for volunteering, and if you can't, I completely understand :)

Updates!

Well, working on the OC creator... it's a lot harder than I expected!

h1k7.jpg

I hope it works good for all of you. :)

Currently, all manes, tails, and bodies are untextured. They will have textures eventually.

I am hoping for it to export to PonyWorld's files, and possibly also GMOD, that would make it a whole ton easier to 'model' your own pony for it...

Currently, all you can do in the project is choose a mane style (5 of them) or a tail style (1 of them) and take a screenshot.

Pretty simple, but more updates & a demo project soon. :)

(edited)

This looks really cool! Just a couple questions though.

1. Will it be available to the public?

2. Is it free or do you pay (I don't have a credit card and don't want to ask my parents to use theirs)

3. Will we download it or will it be browser based? 

4. What does the game include? (What are some fun things to do on it)

Edited by Lightning Dancer

(edited)

@@nickdh, This is a great game. Keep it undercover though. The last ten pony MMOs were rejected by Hasbro. They said, "get this thing off the internet or else we will sue the heck out of you." I wish you more luck with this, though!

Thanks! And Hasbro shouldn't be able to do that to anyone, as long as there is no copyright infringement. I don't believe I am infringing copyright, but I will be sure to check with the laws. Thanks for the warning!

This looks really cool! Just a couple questions though.

1. Will it be available to the public?

2. Is it free or do you pay (I don't have a credit card and don't want to ask my parents to use theirs)

3. Will we download it or will it be browser based? 

4. What does the game include? (What are some fun things to do on it)

Thank you! smile.png Sure.

1. Yes, it will be completely available to the public (release date unknown).

2. It's completely free. smile.png

3. It will be for you to download, but I've been thinking about making a web-browser version as well. It would probably kill memory though >.>

4. A lot! OC Creator, mini games, complete open sandbox, different cities, downloadable mods, online multiplayer, online chat, song dump, image dump, and more! The game will feature all of the mane 6, the princesses, and several OCs and background ponies.

There will be some negatives to this game.

It will not run well on lower end computers and the loading time is unusually long (1-3 minutes).

I hope it will be good otherwise smile.png

Edited by nickdh
  • Brohoof 1

CAN'T WAIT!! This is a really good idea you got going on here! I would race to be the first player! But yeah adding an OC creator is a great idea, but don't hurt yourself, make it simple nothing too fancy. I'm sure we'll appreciate and love the result, at least I will! Wish I could do something to help, but unfortunately I'm not good with 3D stuff or things like that, I could help you come up with some cool ideas for things the ponies can say when they talk to you or something like that. But I'll be here to support you! Good luck!

CAN'T WAIT!! This is a really good idea you got going on here! I would race to be the first player! But yeah adding an OC creator is a great idea, but don't hurt yourself, make it simple nothing too fancy. I'm sure we'll appreciate and love the result, at least I will! Wish I could do something to help, but unfortunately I'm not good with 3D stuff or things like that, I could help you come up with some cool ideas for things the ponies can say when they talk to you or something like that. But I'll be here to support you! Good luck!

:D Thank you very much. I'm not going to hurt myself, and it will be pretty simple, but hard to figure out how to use (for beginners). I'll message you. c:

This looks very interesting biggrin.png

I'm really looking forward to future updates and to see how this will turn out, we really need a good pony game

Thank you! :) I've worked on versions of this before, but could never seem to get anything that good.

I will be sure to update more often than before.

• 3 weeks later...

ayqw.png
ee47.png
5rzi.png

Who's ready for the DEMO?!?! It'll be uploaded soon!
I have made a TON of changed and updated to the game from the last times I have posted.
More ponies added, models converted to the game, a lot more homes, bigger forest, more features and addons...
I can't wait to upload the demo! :D

ayqw.png

ee47.png

5rzi.png

Who's ready for the DEMO?!?! It'll be uploaded soon!

I have made a TON of changed and updated to the game from the last times I have posted.

More ponies added, models converted to the game, a lot more homes, bigger forest, more features and addons...

I can't wait to upload the demo! :D

HOLY SHIT YES

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO PLAY THIS HECK A LOT OF TIME

I think I'm a bit too excited, but whatever. This has to be the only unofficial MLP game Hasbro hasn't burned down yet.

• Brohoof 1

This seems like it has a lot of potential. I just hope it doesn't end up getting shut down or something. Sadly, my skills with programming and game design are not yet at a level where I could be of any help in a project like this, otherwise I'd love to contribute to it.

• Brohoof 1

HOLY SHIT YES

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO PLAY THIS HECK A LOT OF TIME

I think I'm a bit too excited, but whatever. This has to be the only unofficial MLP game Hasbro hasn't burned down yet.

Curently compiling the game, getting it prepared for upload. The reason Hasbro hasn't done anything to this game is because of its popularity, it is not well known therefore they themselves know nothing about it (yet). :) But, I'm not earning money nor benefiting from this. So they shouldn't be able to do anything to me anyways... we'll see, though! I've worked on this game for 7 months in total, now, learning the engine and scripting. I have a lot more work to do, but I hope everyone enjoys this demo :)

This seems like it has a lot of potential. I just hope it doesn't end up getting shut down or something. Sadly, my skills with programming and game design are not yet at a level where I could be of any help in a project like this, otherwise I'd love to contribute to it.

Thank you! :D It /shouldn't/ get shut down, as I mentioned in the above post, but.. you never know, I guess.

It's not a problem at all, I got this :D

But, I'm not earning money nor benefiting from this. So they shouldn't be able to do anything to me anyways...

Relatively, that doesn't mean anything. If I remember right, Fighting is Magic was also a Free to Play project, and it got destroyed anyway. I don't think they burn games according to if they're free or not, but if the game uses Hasbro's characters.

(edited)

Relatively, that doesn't mean anything. If I remember right, Fighting is Magic was also a Free to Play project, and it got destroyed anyway. I don't think they burn games according to if they're free or not, but if the game uses Hasbro's characters.

That's not really good... we'll see what happens, I guess.

Anywho, without further ado...

https://mega.co.nz/#!S0BhHShB!aWziimUi2gllvaFOCEmqIll5E64jExSSOP-46zNASaU

Here is the FIRST Alpha version download! This is it, folks!

Minimum recommended computer specs:

• Processor - Dual Core @ 2.00 GHz
  • Ram - 2GB
  • OS - Windows... XP, Vista, 7, 8
  • Video -  NVIDIA® GeForce® 6800 or ATI™ Radeon™ X1600 Pro (256 MB)
  • Resolution - 800 x 600 minimum display resolution
  • HDD - 700MB of free space

Average recommended computer specs:

• Provessor - Dual Core @ 2.60 GHz
  • Ram - 4GB
  • OS - Windows... XP, Vista, 7, 8
  • Video - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or ATI™ Radeon HD 4830 (512 MB) or better
  • Resolution - 1024 x 768 recommended resolution
  • HDD - 700MB of free space

I hope you all enjoy this game, and please do tell me if I did anything wrong, or any suggestions you may have!

----EDITS----

BUG #1:

If anypony gets an error that looks like this..:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc150002). Click OK to close the application."

Please install the latest version of DirectX on your windows computer. The download link for the latest version of Dx11: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17431

I'm very sorry for the inconvinience.

Edited by nickdh
  • Brohoof 2