gaming Roller Coaster Tycoon Masterthread

Perfect Bio

(edited)

WOWW OK SO.... I did tons more since then.

So firstly I changed the design of the coaster slightly to fix the ratings. It made it less exciting by a bit, but it lowered the intensity and nausea by even more so I am quite happy with that.

I added a little offroad kiddie ride and a "4 Angry Bulls" custom ride in that empty grass patch near the park entrance.

Near the hills, I added a hay maze and a ferris wheel on top of it! A little further, I added a custom ride called "Wild West Museum."

And, at the bottom right where it was very empty, I added an observation tower and a little shack next to it to fill up that space.

I neglected adding benches and trash bins so I'll have to prioritize that for a bit the next time I open this map.

In the picture, I plan on adding near the top right (where the lake is) a log flume, maybe inspired by Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou Adventure. At the middle left will be a little more interesting. I saw that I grabbed some custom Jurassic Park-themed objects, and there was a little Jurassic Park jeep ride. That gave me the idea to make a dino land. So it might be half river rapids and half dinosaur trip. I might be able to fit in another flat ride or two somewhere. We'll just have to see!

Spoiler

ForestFrontiers2024-06-2003-12-05.thumb.png.b793dc557fedc2e90c3ac213a4f94c74.png

should be able to zoom in on the image (I used the cutaway view to make it easier to see the park)

edit: uh oh, the forums really squashed the image resolution, so here's a better one to zoom into (hopefully)
Forest_Frontiers_2024-06-20_03-12-05.png

Edited by Trot Shuffle
  • Excited 1

• 3 weeks later...

I rather enjoyed playing this game a long time ago. I played it again more recently... though "more recently" was a few years ago. I am glad that there still exists enough interest in the original RCT games, that they developed OpenRCT that makes the game run better on more recent systems, such as allowing for higher resolutions. It impresses me immensely that Sawyer developed the original games in Assembly.

On 2013-07-01 at 3:30 AM, Perfect Bio said:

CONFESSION TIME:
I actually await RCT4 more than Half-Life 3.

I actually said this on /v/ AKA The only somewhat decent place on 4chan and someone actually agreed with me smile.png

Then again, /v/ hates Half-Life....
Then again, /v/ hates Valve

O dear... I can only imagine what your reaction must have been when Roller Coaster Tycoon World was released. At least Planet Coaster was released at around the same time.