Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv "Man of Steel" video review

Bhending the Rules

If anyone else has seen the new Superman movie and has anything to say about it, I'd love to hear it. I'm hearing a lot of negative things about this so far, so my review looks pretty positive by comparison.

Oh, and also Equestria Girls tease right at the end. Because. I'll be reviewing that next week. Seeing it tomorrow. Can't wait.

You know, I saw it with my mom a couple of weeks ago. It was a good movie. But, yes Super Man is very powerful so it pretty much makes it impossible for people to kill him. But, if you think he can not die, ever. You would be in for a surprise once you watch Man of Steel. The movie was good but, he did not have enough humor in it for me to like it as much as I have liked other Marvel movies. Like Iron Man 3, there was so much humor in it I could not stop laughing. As well as it having a great story line it was humorous.That was what I was expecting in Man of Steel, guess not. But, Man of Steel can be humorous, in some parts. 

Superman_2012.png

"I hear everything. You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior but, everyday I hear people crying."

(edited)

Critics have just been on a killing spree with their ratings for summer movies. The funny thing is that if you thumb through the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, most of the commentary is just objectively unjustified or unwarranted. Yes, Man of Steel is not Superman Returns, why are you criticizing a transition in execution when the directors are different? Oh the Man of Steel was produced by Christopher Nolan. Yes, Christopher Nolan directed The Dark Knight series, it was great. Yes, Man of Steel is not The Dark Knight Returns or Inception. Why are we using these two films as comparison when the source materials are so drastically different. Ridiculous.

Edited by Lyrica

I have to say, I have no idea what movie the critics were watching.  Man of Steel BLEW ME AWAY.  Is it a perfect movie? No.  But I was so impressed by the raw scale of the film, its epic quality, and the sheer, over-the-top crazy action that I couldn't help but be totally enraptured the whole time.  Most of the handful of flaws I caught came to me after I watched the film, but while I was watching it I had an absolute blast.