Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Equestria University Re-Roll

Ampharos

@@Psych Ward,

Having filled out her forms, Light Eye proceeded to her dorms, both saddlebags full and two boxes balanced on her back, using her Earth Pony magic to make sure that this wasn't going to end poorly. Carefully and cautiously she proceeded to Dorm 2, then opened the door with her hoof and entered, carefully setting down all of her packages and parcels. It was hard to deny that she moved with a grace through space the belied how short she was and made her seem confident and comfortable in her own skin. She stopped abruptly when she noticed the other pony in the room.

"Hello," she said in a cool calm, voice, looking over the pony. "My name is Light Eye. I suppose we'll be flatmates for the duration of the year." She gestured to her things behind her. "I don't have too much stuff, so I won't take up too much space, though I do prefer to keep the room neat and tidy whenever possible." Light Eye had lucked out: her roommie was very good looking by her standards. "I'll try to be courteous. I hope we'll be best of friends." She gave a warm, sincere smile, turning her head slightly, closing her eyes and bringing up the corners of her mouth. 

@@Ampharos,

Apple Stem realized that what he was doing when Dust introduced himself wasn't helping him with his serous shyness. He looked at his notebook. "S-Sorry, I'm just really, really sh-shy, I was hoping to get over that here,"  Apple Stem admitted stammer less then before

"S-So your name is Diamond Dust, nice to meet you Dust, and that's a cute bunny too," Apple Stem said slightly less shy.

Hearing the word "cute", Coal jumped out of Dust's saddlebag and puffed out his chest. Dust chuckled at the event and looked over at Apple Stem. "Ah don't mind if yet shy, bud. Not a big deal." Dust finished unpacking and sat on a chair in the room. "How are ya?" It was a simple question, but a conversation starter nonetheless.

@@InfinityWhale

"Sure, yeah," Psych Ward nodded, sliding her medicine box under her bed.  It held her anxiety pills and some tylonel.  She put her knitting basket at the foot of the bed and turned to her roommate.  "Thanks, I guess," she said.  "I'm Psych Ward."  She put a couple books on the shelf.

@@Psych Ward,

"Where do you come from?" Light Eye saw the medication box but thought better than to mention it. She popped open one of her boxes and began arranging to sort them out on the desk, placing a few favorite on the bookshelf by her bed. "I'm from roundabout Manehattan. The more specific region would only bore you." She pulled out a compact lamp and placed it on the bedside table, constructed by herself with her own personal insignia: the four-paned window with the beam of light coming through it: her cutie mark. She then pulled out a basic set of sheets: a serene green set of bedsheets, and began preparing the unclaimed bed for herself, as well as pulling out a pillow and fluffing it up, arranging it in the best possible manner. 

(edited)

@@Ampharos, Apple Stem shrugged. "I'm fine, I am normally only with my sister in Fillydelphia, so this is a change of pace for me," he kept writing on his notebook. He works better if he doesn't look at the pony. 

"Do you normally get lost, or was this the first time?"  Apple Stem asked out of curiosity. 

Apple Stem chuckled at Dust's bunny. "So Coal, doesn't like to be called cute?" he asked. Still writing down in his notebook.

Edited by Agent Smith

"All over," Psych Ward shrugged.  "Most recently Phillydelphia."  She pulled the bland comforter and sheets off the bed, replacing it with her blue and green ones.  She covered the headboard with colorful and fluffy pillows.  She then moved to the next box, unloading her long sleeved sweaters.

@@Psych Ward,

Still rushing around haphazardly, Cinder half opened, half crashed through the door to dorm six.

"Oh!"

It had never occurred to her that she would be sharing a room - she wasn't surprised in hindsight, but a little taken aback: did this mean she was going to have to socialize? With a unicorn who looked exactly like the ones back at Canterlot College at that...

"Uhm, uh. Hi!" she said, brightly, unsure exactly what she was supposed to say.

@@Ampharos, Apple Stem shrugged. "I'm fine, I am normally only with my sister in Fillydelphia, so this is a change of pace for me," he kept writing on his notebook. He works better if he doesn't look at the pony. 

"Do you normally get lost, or was this the first time?"  Apple Stem asked out of curiosity. 

Apple Stem chuckled at Dust's bunny. "So Coal, doesn't like to be called cute?" he asked. Still writing down in his notebook.

Dust grinned even though the pony couldn't see him. "Ah wouldn't say ahm late. Just got a little lost. And unless a mare says it, no Coal 'isn't cute'." Dust grinned devilishly at his furry friend. "Ah think we have to go to some orientation or something soon. Those er borin."

@@Psych Ward

"I've never been to Phillydelphia," Light Eye offered. This pony was clearly not the most social type, but she would be damned if she would spend all year with a pony who she couldn't even speak to. "What are some of your hobbies? I'm quite a reader, myself, and I enjoy glasswork." She walked over to the window in their room and gave it a firm tap. "And this window is of a such a low quality I'm mildly horrified."

@@Ampharos, Apple Stem sighed as he set his pencil down and glanced at Dust. He looked away and out of a window. "S-So, what school did you go to Dust?" Apple Stem asked not wanting to make this awkward. He still was looking at his hard cover notebook. He was keeping his face away from Dust. "It...It's just a question," Apple Stem added.   

@,

Nightshade turned to the Earth pony and smiled.  "Hello!" she smiled.  "You must me my roommate."  She was stationing her plants on the windowsill carefully.

@@InfinityWhale,

Psych Ward smiled, perking up a bit.  "I like reading as well," she said.  "I also knit quite a bit and stuff."

@@Psych Ward

"Really?" Light Eye was happy about this: something she could talk to her about. "What's your favorite book? I'm rather fond of 'Of Mice and Ponies' by John Stallionbeck." She pulled out it and looked and it briefly before placing it on her bookshelf next to some other favorites.  One box empty, she folded it up and placed it carefully next to the door of the room. She cracked the next book and pulled out a carefully tailored dress and looked it over for a second.

"That's a good one," Psych Ward nodded.  "I prefer horror books though.  Classics are better in the winter," she said.  She always liked reading classics with a cup of tea and tea was better when it was cold out and it was usually cold in the winter.  Did that make any sense?

@@InfinityWhale,

@@Psych Ward,

"Horror?" Light Eye folded up the dress once more carefully and stowed it away in a drawer. "I don't suppose you've read H.P. Hoovecraft? He's one of my favorites, though to be honest I can't really appreciate him as being scary. Very intriguing. I take my classics on an autumn afternoon, myself, with the leaves blowing and the colors in the sky..." She had learned from experience to explain herself with her stranger thoughts, and hoped to elicit an explanation from this pony. It was clear they were rather intelligent, they just had a bit of a hard time expressing her thoughts. Nothing that could be fixed fairly easily.

@@InfinityWhale,

Psych Ward shook her head.  "But I brought a couple of his works with me to read."  She nodded at her explanation.  "Tea goes with classics and tea is better when it's a bit chilly out.  I'm not a fan of iced tea."  She got onto her bed, resting her hooves for a few moments. 

@@Psych Ward,

"Uh, Hi!" The Earth mare repeated, a little surprised by the unicorns friendly greeting - now what she had come to expect from her days in college. "I'm Cinder! I uh, I guess we're roommates? If your in this room too that is."

She closed the door behind her as the stepped inside, flopping down on the vacant bed, a small trail of soot billowing out from her mane as her head hit the mattress.

@@Psych Ward,

"Oh," Light Eye said, suddenly understanding what she meant. "That does make sense. I'm not a big fan of tea myself, but I do enjoy some good coffee from time to time. I suppose they'll probably have a good shop for it roundabouts, it being a college campus and all. Would you like to go with me sometime?" 

@,

Nightshade nodded.  "Yes," she said.  "My name is Nightshade," she said as she changed the sheets on the bed to a vibrant blue and centered her fluffy purple comforter.  She fluffed the pillows and went to stacking books onto the shelves. 

@@InfinityWhale,

Psych Ward shrugged.  "Coffee's fine.  Maybe tomorrow before class we could hunt down a stand."

@@Psych Ward,

Light Eye absolutey beamed at this, quite overjoyed at the prospect as she finished setting up her things in the room. "Great! What's your first period? I signed up for mine ages ago..." she trotted over to her desk and picked up a piece of paper to double check. "Looks like my first is... Mythology and History of Equestria. You?"

@@InfinityWhale,

"I have art first," Psych Ward nodded.  "Should we compare the rest of our schedule as well?" she suggested.  This pony seemed friendly enough so it'd be nice to know if she did have any classes with her.  "I have Literature after that and then Music.  Then it's Botany and Lunch.  My last three classes are Science, PE, and Mythology." 

(edited)

@@Psych Ward

"Literature, Music, and Botany or my second through fourth classes as well," Light Eye pointed out. "Then it's Science and Physical Education for me as well. It would appear that save for our first and last classes we have a completely similar schedule." All the better to lock you in... Light Eye was going to look forward to this year. A gorgeous roommate, a whole lot of learning, and the chance to finally be out in a new place on her own entirely! What more could you want?

Edited by InfinityWhale

@@Psych Ward,

"Nightshade... uhm, pleased to meet you." Cinder said. 'Thats the right thing to say, Isn't it? I don't sound weird?'

Noticing the mare unpacking, Cinder looked at the saddlebags she had dumped unceremoniously at the foot of the bed. She opened them up and placed the tattered and beaten contents, most of which were coated in a thin layer of ash or soot. rubbing a hoof against the lenses of the goggles she wore, she place a couple of bottles, boxes and jars on the bedside table.

"So, uh, where are you from?" She chanced, deciding that she ought to at least try to make small talk if the two of them were going to be living together. Besides - she seemed friendly enough.

(edited)

@, ((Inks is purple, not blue))

"Me? Um... I grew up in a small town near Manehatten. Nott much to me. Well... I don't have a cutie mark, but that'sn besides the point. Um, what about yourself?" Inks did not enjoy talking about how he was a blank flank. It mbarrased him that he still was one. He took his hat off and put it on a night table near his bed. His short, white mane was now completely visible. Not that there was much that wasn't shown anyway.

Whirl Wake thought for a second. "I'm from Canterlot myself. Nice place, very tidy. I was apprenticing to be a pharmacist before I came here. My dream is to create medicines for ponies in needs!" He glanced at Ink's flank. "And don't worry about not having a cutie mark. I'm sure you'll find something perfect for you in time."

Edited by Jverne

@@InfinityWhale

"Cool," Psych Ward smiled.  "Do you happen to know when dinner is?" she asked.  "I haven't eaten since the ride up here and I'm getting hungry."

@

Nightshade frowned.  "I spent a bit of time all over," she said.  "I don't tend to stay in one place for very long.  It doesn't suit me."

@@Psych Ward,

"Oh, in college you don't have set mealtimes!" Light Eye chuckled. "In fact, this university is very strange to have set times for anything. Classes or lunch. There are a number of restaurants all over campus that you go and buy food from, then you can eat whenever you like." Light Eye's stomach gave a soft gurgle. "In fact, I might just be hungry myself. You did get a meal plan, didn't you? Or are you going to prepare all your food yourself?"