Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Trotting Dead [Reboot/Fresh Start]

The Ponyville Critic

We're not accepting any more ponies, so don't ask.

It's been a year since the outbreak started, consuming the land and converting the ponies, the story takes place with a group of survivors who came together, they found that Manehatten was a generally safe town, no walkers, but no ponies either, the survivors make a base in an abandoned hospital, they've been there about 4 hours when the roleplay starts.

Fire Horn awoke with a start, the nightmares continued to plague his dreams, every time he goes to sleep he has nightmares, and only if he gets any sleep. The others had just returned from a scavenging trip to a nearby shop, so they had plenty of food.

Edited by ShyFlutters

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephan wakes up in his shanty shack located on the edge of Manhattan. "Well, another day, another trotter hoard to slay." Stephan gets up and suits up in a red and white suit. He then put on his red and black mask and exits the shack. He was now under the persona "The Ghost."

Castor and Pollux came through the door of the hospital. These last couple hours in Manehatten have been different for them. In a city like this, they would have had to move around stealthily. Castor looked around the room and then back at Pollux. Both ponies were levitating supplies they had gathered. "I don't like this place. It's too quiet, like trotters could flow into the city at any moment." "What are you talking about? We'll be fine, stop worrying so much. Besides it's not like we can't handle them." Castor just nodded silently.Both unicorns sat in the lobby, waiting for the others to come back.

Caramel Corn dashed out of the room hhearing familiar voices. "Did you bring back some snacks?" she asked, excitedly. Grand followed behind her. "Now Caramel, mind your manners. They just had a hard little trip, let them rest up" She pointed to the table where there were a few coloring books and some mismatched coloring utensils and gestured her over there. "How was your scavenging trip? Is there enough ood for everyone?" she asked, concerned about the slowly decreasing rations everyone had been getting

"Time for patrol. If there are survivors in danger, I'll need to help them in whatever way I can!" Ghost then took off in the street, leaving a red blur behind him as he ran. The Ghost could run incredibly fast and had the ability to turn into a dust cloud at will, virtually allowing him to transport from one place to another in a matter of seconds. As he ran, the masked vigilante saw a group of bandits heading towards a nearby hospital. The lights seemed to be on inside. "Hm. Could it be that a bandit team set up camp here? Only one way to find out." Ghost followed behind the bandits, making sure he didn't make a sound. The last thing he needed was for them to know he was following them.

@@Grand_Finale,

Pollux nodded, but Castor spoke up. "I think we have enough for today. We got some granola bars and cans of soup and stuff. And we got some water too. I don't think we'll be running out for a while. Manehatten's a pretty big city, and a lot of the houses weren't cleared out of food." Castor smiled and levitated a granola bar to Caramel. Despite Castor and Pollux's past, they were both kind and like helping fillies. Pollux happened to look out a window in the lobby and saw ponies he didn't recognize. He dropped his things and tensed up, his horn glowing a bright blue. "Hey who are they?"

Fire Horn left the room he was sleeping in, just outside there was a balcony overlooking the lobby. Surprisingly, the walls were still standing, after Celestia's attempt to cleanse the land of infected, those that were out in the open died, the buildings sustained massive damage, but not the hospital. Fire Horn looked over the railings.

"Hey, you find anything good!?" Fire Horn shouted

Gradn tensed uo when  she saw the new ponies. "You dont think theyre the ones who havebeen stealing our supplies are they?" she said, pushing Caramel into her bedroom. "we have to get this stuff somewhere they cant find it. Damn ponies, stealing from the living is just sick in times like these" she said angrily, watching their every move

The bandits kept running up towards the hospital. There were about four of them. One had a crowbar, on had a fire axe, one had a 9mm handgun, and the last one had a rope. The one with the crowbar started to break the barred windows. "Open up now!" The crowbar bandit managed to break through and the other bandits followed him inside. The one with the rope went to tie up the survivors. "Now, we're just going to take some of your stuff, and nobody gets hurt..."
When Ghost reached the hospital, he saw the survivors and the bandits inside. "
Guess there wasn't a bandit camp here after all. I'll need to take out these bandits quietly. If I attack them head-on, these survivors could die."
Ghost quietly entered the hospital through the back and saw the survivors. He made a 'shush' motion with his hoof and attempted to sneak up on the handgun bandit.

Fire Horn had reached downstairs but one of the bandits had a gun, and Fire Horn didn't like those odds.
"I'm sure you can find other ponies with supplies, or just stuff lying around abandoned buildings, why come after us?" Fire Horn asked, while being tied up.

Grand went to find her sister, but was quickly grabbed, tied up, and muzzled. She squirmed over to the wall and watched the bandits rifle through their things. They didnt seem to notice her sister in the other room, which she was thankful for, but that food was feeding the group. she used her magic to pick up a piece of wood and quickly knocked out the nearest bandit quietly. The others didnt seem to notice

Castor and Pollux looked to each other. Pollux's horn began to glow a bright blue, but Castor stopped him. "Pollux, just play along, see what they're up to. We can take them out soon," he whispered. Pollux nodded reluctantly and let the ponies tie him up. Pollux was not going to let these ponies take anything, and Castor thought the same. They could easily get out of there binds if the need arose. Castor saw another pony who was dressed in some type of get up. He seemed to be not part of the bandits, as he was sneaking up on one of them.

Ghost noticed that the bandit with the handgun had been knocked out by the female red unicorn. He nodded at her and focused his sights on the fire axe bandit. He was trying to break into the back door to the pharmacy area. Ghost then had an idea. He turned into a dust cloud and entered the room through under the door. When the bandit finally broke through, Ghost was standing right in front of him. Ghost then whispered "Surprise" and put him in a headlock, knocking him out cold.

Grands eyes were wide. That colt had come through the door as some other form, but yet he was an earth pony. She watched him carefully, unsure if he was here to take their things, or rescue them. she assumed the worst. Caramel heard the ruckus and creaked open the door, seeing everyone tied up. "Is everypony alright? what happened!" she said, untieing her sister.

Ghost heard Caramel and made a 'shush' motion. "There's one left." Ghost then proceeded to the crowbar bandit, who was guarding the back. He silently opened the back door and pulled him inside. He did the same thing he did to the fire axe bandit and knocked him out. After that, he went to the group and helped Caramel untie them. "Are you alright?"

Grand stood up and brushed herself off. "Yes, we are fine. Thank you Mr.... Might i ask your name?" she said politely. Caramel jumped up on her sisters back before shouting "Are you a superhero?" Grand hushed her sister. "Terribly sorry, She is quite the outspoken one when she meets new ponies"

Ghost nodded and smiled, though you couldn't see it through the mask, since it covers his entire head . "You're sister's alright. Ponies call me The Ghost. I am a masked vigilante who goes and helps out survivors like you by doing stuff like what I just did. And, yeah. I guess you could say I'm a superhero, in a sense."

Edited by Stevenearthpony

Castor and Pollux had already broken out of their restraints. Castor looked at the newcomer. "Who are you?" He asked. Pollux also looked at the newcomer. "Sorry about him," he said, pointing at Castor, "I'm Pollux. He's Castor." Pollux gave a friendly smile while Castor kept a suspicious look on his face.

@@Ampharos

Ghost could tell that Castor was more than a bit suspicious about the masked pony, and who could blame him? When you're going around dressed in a red and white costume and a red and black mask, it's no doubt that somepony is going to bat an eye. "Nice to make your acquaintance"

Castor nodded. He trusted this pony a little more. He thought it was a little hypocritical to be suspicious of him, considering that he was the opposite of him. "Likewise," he said flatly. Pollux also felt a little uncomfortable. Here he was, a robber, a thief, standing directly in front of a hero. But that was in the past. This whole infection thing had changed Gemini. Basically in the sense that Gemini no longer existed. It was just Castor and Pollux.

Grand finale sighed. "well, I think this is cause for celebration!" she said, handing out rations to all the ponies in the room. "So Ghost, tell us about yourself" she said smiling. Caramel stood in awe at the superhero. She loved reading SuperColt comics before all of this happened, and she was thrilled that there was a real super hero right in front of her

Grand finale sighed. "well, I think this is cause for celebration!" she said, handing out rations to all the ponies in the room. "So Ghost, tell us about yourself" she said smiling. Caramel stood in awe at the superhero. She loved reading SuperColt comics before all of this happened, and she was thrilled that there was a real super hero right in front of her

"Well... okay. But I can't stay too long." Ghost then lied down on his back on the carpet floor. He began to tell his story. "Before the outbreak, I used to live with my mother, father, and my older brother when I was just a small colt. I lived a good life and grew up around good stallions and mares. But then... THIS came and killed them all. And I mean ALL of them. My family, my friends, everyone I've ever loved, dead right before my eyes.  Somehow, I survived and woke up with extraordinary abilities. From that day forth, I vowed to protect the remaining ponies of the world, so that they don't have to suffer like I did." Ghost then slightly lifted his mask up so he could eat his ration. "But enough about me. What about you?

Grand smiled "I do apologize for your tragic loss. My sister and I lived in ponyville, but I had an audition her in Manehattan. My sister had never been, so I took her with me, and before you know it, moving corpses had taken over" she said, watching her sister star at ghost in awe.

Grand smiled "I do apologize for your tragic loss. My sister and I lived in ponyville, but I had an audition her in Manehattan. My sister had never been, so I took her with me, and before you know it, moving corpses had taken over" she said, watching her sister star at ghost in awe.

Ghost saw Grand's cutie mark and understood. "So, you're a master of the theater arts? You must've been good before the outbreak." Ghost let out a small 'heh' and noticed that Caramel was staring at him. "Well, it seems like your sister has taken a liking to me."

Castor and Pollux both ate silently. They were both debating if they were going to tell these ponies their true past if asked about it. Would these ponies think differently of them because of what they did? Or would they understand that it was all in the past? It was a tough decision to make. Castor was extremely worried about how Caramel would take it if they told the truth.