Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Orphanage

Feather Gem

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/61058-the-orphanage-reboot/

Mystical Flow stood on the porch with her face raised towards the sky as she watched the sun begin to rise.  At the moment, it simply lay on the horizon, making the white snow seem a beautiful yellow-orange.

It was late in November.  Christmas would come about soon and she'd have to figure out how to make the day special for the orphans.

And today, she believed there were going to be a few new arrivals.  She'd have to help out the old guardian and then help out the orphan after that.  She had to make she everything went along as smoothly as it could in an orphanage.

But...maybe she could enjoy the sunset first...

(Same idea as last time)

Shade was slowly walking down the road, shivering cold and starved. Not to mention she was also love starved. There was nothing she could do about her love starve, because she didn't have all the knolage about feeding on love.

She continued to walk down a snowy road until she tripped and fell into the cold snow in front of the orphanedg. She pushed herself up as tears started to fill her eyes.

Or perhaps not.

Mystical Flow looked down as a young filly fell into the snow after tripping.  She watched the poor thing weakly push herself up.  Mystical could tell that she was crying.

"Oh!" Mystical cried, rushing over to the road.  "Are you alright?"

Mystical quickly helped the filly to stand more stably, looking down at her with worry in her apple green eyes.

Shade was wet, cold, and shivering. It was a first that somepony was asking if she was ok. it always seamed like She was invisable to everypony, maybe that was bacause she stayed in the dark and slept in dumpsters. However, she was so cold she was unable to speak. All she could get out was a quiet "no".

Mystical barely heard her when she said no.  "Oh.  You're shivering," Mystical whispered, more to herself then to the filly.  "Come on...you can come inside.  Its nice and warm inside," Mystical said to the filly.

Mystical Flow positioned her hooves to carry the filly if she agreed to come inside.

*no... Really? What gave it away?* shade thought when the pony stated that she was shivering. She didn't think it was a good idea to just let somepony help her out like this. But it wasnt like she had anything to loose. She noded and allowed the pony to carry her inside the place.

Mystical Flow smiled gently and picked up the child.  She swiftly carried her into the orphanage, feeling the change of temperature as soon as she opened the door.  She carefully placed the filly down onto a chair.

"There you are.  It is nice and warm in here.  Now tell me dear, what in Equestria were you doing out there all alone?"

Shade felt the warmth of being indoors. She whipped the frozen tears from her eyes and curreled up in a tight ball to keep warm. When she was asked about what she was doing all alone, "I-I d-don't... Know... I just... I don't know... I was... Just... Iv never... I don't know" she replied with tears forming up in her eyes again. She was unsure how to phrase the sentence.

Mystical's face fell for a moment before she smiled gently once more.  "Don't worry, child.  Wait here.  I'll get you a nice warm cup of cocoa and then you can tell me what's happened," she said.

Mystical Flow turned away and rushed off in the direction of the kitchen.

(Lol... Just like last time XD)

Shade noded and put her head back in her little ball. Her shivering lightened and she started to feel warmth again.

She thought about how she had gotten to where she was now. She left the sewers of mainhatten to go to the hive... Then she got kicked out of the hive... She had been sleeping in dumpsters and walking all over equestria looking for a place to stay. She wondered of telling this pony that she was a changeling was a good idea... It probably wasnt...

(pretty much xD)

Mystical Flow arrived at the kitchen where only a couple of lunchmares were at work.  Breakfast was a couple of hours away.  One of them offered to make the cocoa for Mystical but she refused and made it herself.  Then, she went back to where the little filly was still curled up into a tiny ball.

"Hello," Mystical Flow smiled, holding out the cup of hot cocoa.  "Careful now.  Its still hot."

Shade looked back up and saw the pony had brought her a cup of cocoa... She took the cup and felt the warmth of the cup warming her hooves... She blew the cocoa and took a sip, it was good. She drank the rest of the cocoa and felt really warm, she hadent felt like this since the summer. "Thanks." She said handing the cup back.

Mystical Flow smiled and took back the cup.  She lowered herself down so that she was sitting on the floor and at eye-level with the filly.  She placed the cup down beside her.  "I don't believe I've asked for your name yet, little filly?" she said.  "Would you like to tell me?"

Shade was unsure what her real name was... It seemed like she just went by a name she though of herself... So she just went with, "shade... My name is shade" she said. She thought she would be asked how she got here, so shade started thinking up a story that would dodge mentioning that she was a changeling.

Mystical Flow smiled.  "That's a very pretty name.  Now, I'll also have to ask you again," she said.  "How did you end up all alone in the snow out there?  Where are your parents?" she asked, her voice so kind and gentle so that the sentences had less of a chance of triggering sadness.

Shade tilted her head, "parents? What are thoes?" She asked... She literally had no idea what parents where, she had never heard that word before. "Well... I... Um... Don't know... I left the sewers and just walked away from manehatten... Then I just ended up here." She said hoping not to give away the changeling part of her story.

Mystical Flow gasped quietly.  The poor thing didn't even know what parents were!  And...and...sewers?  Manehatten?

"I...uh..." she stuttered. 

I need to make some calls.

"Well...do you have a home, Shade?" she asked quietly, her smile having been replaced with a worried frown.

Shade was getting confused, first she was smiling now she seemed... Worried... "Well... I lived in the sewers... Then I left... Then there's this other place that... Wasn't welcoming..." She said,.. She probably shouldent have mentioned 'that other place'. *i hate being interrogated* she thought.

Wasn't welcoming.

What does she mean by that? Mystical wondered.

"What other place do you mean, Shade?" she asked gently.  She decided not to ask what she meant about 'not welcoming'.  This was getting more serious by the minute.  She'd have to make a lot of calls.

((Well, geez, this kickstarted quickly...))

Sorrow Melodies slowly awoke in her bed, looking around the entire room and hearing that it was completely quiet... She got up and looked out the window, the snow filling up all over the ground... She just simply sat back on her bed, fiddling a bit with her sheets, since at this point, she couldn't fall back asleep...

shade knew it would be a mistake to say that the other place was the changeling hive... so she just said... "i... i dont want to talk about that place." she said quietly. she hoped that she didnt half to talk about that place... it was horrible learning about what changeling do, and shade wanted no part in it.

Mystical Flow nodded quickly.  "Of course, Shade.  I won't make you talk about it if you don't want to," she said gently.  She stood up.  "You can sit right there sweetie.  I...I'm going to make a call and see if I can...if I can get you some place better than the sewers to stay," she smiled.

Mystical Flow turned and practically galloped away.

Oh my Celestia.

shade blinked and just curled back into a little ball... she knew that she couldent hid the secret forever... but she was scaired about what would happen if she just told everypony that she was a changeling. she only imagined the worst things that could happen. 

Mystical Flow trotted up the stairs to the second floor where her office was.  She went in and went up to her desk, sitting down and picking up the phone.

(Wait...ponies don't have.

Oh, I don't care enough xD)

Mystical Flow picked up a notebook and flipped through the pages, searching for a number.  She stopped when she found it and dialed the number.

"Hello?" some pony answered.

"Hello Chalk.  Listen..."

@@Feather Gem,

Jing Zi trotted down the snow covered road to the orphanage ahead of him. For the fifth time during his journey he stopped and shook the snow out of the holes in his legs, grunting in irritation. If only his last show had given him a sufficient amount of awe, he would have been able to make the journey in a unicorns' form. Unfortunately only a few stone faced ponies had come to watch his show and he had only gotten a few halfhearted whoops.

When he reached the steps of the orphanage he trotted up quickly and knocked on the door with his hoof.

Gears stood on top of the dresser in the boys dorm, his wings spread and flapping lazily. He braced himself and his wings began beating faster, suddenly he leaped off the top of the dresser, soaring into the air, before falling into an uncomfortable heap on the floor.

"I forgot about the ceiling..." He grumbled. "Again."