Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

179 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

Alright, just got caught by massive jams there in Manila... :P

Anyway, weather you like it or not, we have clear skies without any signs of 504s out there...

Since it's clear already, you may get out of your bunkhouses and start posting like a normal pony again, though expect *inb(50)4*'s someday so be "I.M. READY" for indefinite frustration and depression in case of another *inb(50)4* attack...

Alright, back to you, Crimson...  :comeatus:

Edited by Not Rising Shine
  • Brohoof 1

Duh dun dun dunn da da dun dee doo

Alrighty Folks, welcome back, we're on Air.

This is The Crimson Cross, bringing you, the CtaM News hour.

Princess Base, do you think these people will ever stop complaining about these new changes?

If you ask me, the game wouldn't really be that much different if they kept the old features in there!

Actually Cross that's a rather interesting thing to say. All of the old stuff is in there. Not a single character, item, boss, enemy, or anything else has been removed.

Rather they've fixed it. They tweaked it all to make sure it works properly. Then they added enough new content to more than double the size of the game on top of it. It's a remake. They don't want to take out all the things from the original, they just want to make it even better.

It's simply that they've changed the games graphics, art, and music. Some people are really upset about this.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'd say that if people didn't want that kind of thing, then they should just play the original game release and stop whinging!

In other news, the CtaM charts are looking rather good today, I see this Axeoth Crusader fellow is gaining quite the post count! Well, this reporter is keen to see just how far he'll get.

No errors have been sighted in the previous 6 or so hours which makes us all rather hopeful. There was all kinds of rumours going around including a possible attack on the forums, which I think is rather unlikely.

No, here's the thing.

I can understand complaints about the music. The new stuff was made by a completely different artist in a different style. It's nothing like the original.

The new art is pixel based and different. I think it looks a lot better. The animations are smoother, everything is more detailed, and there's things like dynamic lighting, particle effects, and new atmospheric details. But it's still different from the original.

I'm not upset with them because it's legitimately a different style. One that they personally might not like. They don't want to miss out on the new content, but they might not like these other changes.

I'm incredibly annoyed at the people complaining about things like the price, discount, saying it should be a DLC, or saying there's nothing new. Those people are annoying because their complaints are untrue. They don't know what they are complaining about and it's ridiculous.

I see Base,

Ah yes, well, these all seem like pretty good points you have here.

But wait until you hear this! The producer Edmund McMillen himself has stated a fun fact on his twitter feed that the original artwork for the game looked "shit" well, just take a look at what the fans have to say, live action this is The Crimson Cross on the scene of Youtube:

"Oh F*** a CAT!!!!!"

"Lies."

"But I don't wanna go to the basement!"

"WHY is my cat there O___O"

It's quite unclear what the fan response is.

• Brohoof 1

:lol: I already knew that Cross. The original art was a rush-job. Edmund's always hated it. He wanted Isaac to be pixel-based from the start. But he didn't know how to do pixel art, and he was just trying to push the game out the door because it was just supposed to be some silly little thing in flash to go on Newgrounds. Then it got on steam, and got a lot bigger than intended.

That twitter feed is pretty old. The game is due out in less than two months now. We've seen the release date trailer, gotten a 40 minute stream of gameplay, and tons of other teasers. The steam community is mostly where people are complaining about it right now.

Well, if people cannot grasp how much better the graphics and sound improvements are, they're in for trouble!

Wow, just imagine the uproar if the super mario fans whinged every time there was an upgrade! There'll be no progress otherwise! I'm not much of a gamer myself, but I'm fairly certain that the producer worked his way up from the very old cartridges to what it is today!

And 2 months isn't very long at all to wait for the new Isaac release. Oh the suspense! I can't wait to see how it'll be received.

Steam is where most of the PC gamers play, so I'd imagine it's a mixed bunch.

This is The Crimson Cross, signing off. Goodnight folks. Until next time, on CtaM News Hour.