Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private WWII, Iwo Jima, USMC, 1944

*Not Available*

Hello, this is the RP of Iwo Jima from http://mlpforums.com/topic/72765-wwii-rp/#entry1827708

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Marines:

Cpl. Line 'Storm' Walker, Infantry, USMC (M1 Carbine) |1st Squad leader - K.I.A

Pvt. Aatos "Bow" Järvelä, Infantry, USMC (M1 Garand) |

Cpl. Jaeger "Vince" Anderson, Sniper, USMC (M1 Garand) }2nd Squad leader

Pvt. Yasushi Amekawa, Infantry, USMC (M1 Carbine) }

Cpl. Josh Riordan, Infantry, USMC (M1 Garand) ]3rd Squad leader

Pvt. Repsol "Dutchie" Rave, Infantry (CQC), USMC (Trench gun) ]

Pvt. Jonathan Fuller, Sniper, USMC} 

Pvt. Stuart "Wolf" Croft, Corpman, USMC]                               

5th MarDiv. 1st Battalion, 28th Marines

__________________________________________________________________________________________

If your OC dies, he or she will be listed as "K.I.A" you cant play anymore until the next RP. 

Sgt. Drifter had feared this day, being sent to Iwo Jima, a hell hole where good people go to die, and the japs? we introduced our Marines to give em a warm USMC welcome, we started to load up onto the landing crafts, everypony was nervous, I looked around one last time to see everypony...alive, I turned around and said "Alright Marines, the enemy has more men, more fire power, and an advantage on us, but we are Marines, and we will continue to fight until we can not move anymore, now lets show these japs how Marines get shit done! OORAH!" "30 seconds!" "run like hell Marines!" "20 seconds!"  Sgt thought of back home, getting deployed, his parents and his grandfather who was an Army veteran in Veitnam, died when I was 14, before he left he said a prayer for his family, friends and his grandfather, his best friend, he never asked god to protect him, it was everypony around him which his father didn't like too much. "10 seconds!" just like that, back to reality.  

Edited by USMCbrony141

Jaeger gripped his sniper in the bend of his leg. He heard the sergeant call the ten second mark, he flipped on his helmet and braced to land on shore. His father had been a Marine sniper before he was, but died before he could have ever gotten back to Jaeger and his mom. He shook away the thought and braced for the craft to land.

• Brohoof 1

"5 seconds!"  you could hear mortar fire, enemy and friendly fire, bloody screams of the injured. I heard the ramp drop, "OORAH!" as I ran out "just keep running!" the farther we got the more men fell, we finaly got to a safe spot, I looked back to see 7 friendly K.I.A's , that is one memory I cant shake from my head.  

Jaeger ran as fast as he could when the ramp dropped. He stayed as close to the sergeant, ponies dropping like flies around him. He closed his eyes and kept running and slid into the safe spot next to sergeant. "What now we're pinned." he screamed over the gun and mortar fire

"get the fuck off the beach!" "lets go!' moving up the beach, I grab jaeger and drag him up the beach. I see a Machine gunner squad , chuck and steve, " give us covering fire, and we'll move up, and we'll cover your move, GO!" I grab jaeger, "lets move!" running about half a mile to get to cover.

"Jesus Christ!" John shouted as a mortar shell exploded nearby, "They're throwing everything at us!" He continued to charge up the beach, searching for a vantage point.

"There's nowhere to go!" John shouted, "Jaegar, do you see a vantage point?"

Bullets and mortar fire whizzed past him as he continued through the beach, bodies falling left and right.

"Shit, we've got a unit down!" John exclaimed as the Marine charging to his right was shot in the leg, spewing blood all over the place. "Medic!!!"

"2nd squad, move your ass!" "lets go!" "we got MG nests on the mountain along with mortars, we have to move now, we have the an MG squad giving us covering fire!" I go run down the beach to save the wounded Marine, "your one lucky bastard, lucky I practiced being a Medic" I ran down to grab his weapon, nearly getting killed, we make it back to cover. "some days, I want to stay in bed, others I should stay in bed"

Yasushi ran into some cover. He looked over the cover and saw the hellish warfare going on all around him. He blanked out a little bit, and looked at the clouds. They looked pretty cool today. A mortar exploded near him, which scared the bejeezus out of him. He ran about 20 feet to the left, to regroup with some other marines. It was bad enough he had to go into this war, and it was even worse than back home his family was at a Japanese internment camp. It didn't help either that he had a bunch of crazy Japanese soldiers trying to kill him.

• Brohoof 1

"Pvt, so nice of you to join us" "where is the rest of your squad?" "we need to give some cover to the Machine gunners, so they can move up!" on the count of three, ready, one, two *ting* "shit, man down!" the Marine that I had saved was killed, bullet went right through his head, at least it was quick. "three!"

Jaeger loaded a clip into his rifle. "Fucken hell!" he said propping it up and adjusting his scope. Where ever he saw movement he fired. "We need to move, we're gonna get ripped to shreds the longer we stay here!" he yelled ejecting the clip and loading a new one.

Jaeger loaded a clip into his rifle. "Fucken hell!" he said propping it up and adjusting his scope. Where ever he saw movement he fired. "We need to move, we're gonna get ripped to shreds the longer we stay here!" he yelled ejecting the clip and loading a new one.

"Chuck Steve, get up here! we'll cover you, ready? GO! covering fire!" round after round being fired, almost defining, when they finally made it, they set up the gun and they gave us covering fire again. "cover us!" "lets go, now!" we moved up about a yard or two and. *thump* "mortars! get to cover!"  

"Chuck Steve, get up here! we'll cover you, ready? GO! covering fire!" round after round being fired, almost defining, when they finally made it, they set up the gun and they gave us covering fire again. "cover us!" "lets go, now!" we moved up about a yard or two and. *thump* "mortars! get to cover!"

Jaeger heard the mortar fire and he silently cursed to himself as they ran to the cover. "Shit." he hissed as he slid into the cover, but was thrown forward a bit when the mortar exploded a few yards behind him. He took his head off the ground and shook it trying to regain his bearing. "Fucken japs." he growled

I open my eyes after the mortar blast to see chuck and steve stopped firing, I run over to their position. "no, No, NO, chuck, steve!" I cried as I saw their horrific bodies which the mortar caused, I ran back to Jaeger. "...they got chuck, and steve." "...fuckin japs!" I said with tears in my eyes, "alright, we made it this far, a few more yards and we'll be fine if we dont get hit by mortars or jap rounds" 

Jaeger chuckled and grabbed the sergeants good to help him up. "Let's go sneaky on these bastards, eh?" he said suggesting a flanking tactic once they had gotten to safety. "Alright I'll give you cover to the tree line. Then it's your turn." he smiled cocking back his rifle letting an empty shell fall out.

• Brohoof 1

John took cover, and reloaded his sniper rifle.

"I'll cover you guys!" John shouted. "If at all possible, try to fish a few of them out! I'll pick the sons of bitches off one by one! Just like this!"

He then aimed his weapon as an unfortunate Japanese soldier ran straight into his line of sight. John blasted him away with a single shot, and the Japanese soldier fell to the ground.

"Eat that, you dirty motherfucker!" John shouted as the soldier fell bleeding.

"we move as one, on three we run like hell for the MG nest, ready?...three, move!" "lets dance you jap fucks!" Once we made it to the bunker. "get some frags ready, aim for the nest, up, throw, and back down in a blink, ok? I stood up and threw the grenade, boom, japs start yelling, "light em up!"

Edited by USMCbrony141

Repsol found himself stuck in the middle of the beach. Ponies all around him dropped down, screaming in helllish agony. Repsol was the youngest of his squad. With only 17 years he was fresh from the academy. However, what was happening around him he couldn't have been prepared for with any training. Once his craft made the landing the front row where emidiately torn apart by machine gun fire. Repsol made it out alive, and into some cover. His squad however, wasn't that lucky. All around him Repsol could see their mutilated corpses.

Repsol silently wept as he took of his helmet. There was a small dutch flag painted on the side. He gave the helmet a quick but firm salute.

"Voor vaderland, leve de koningin!" He shouted as he grabbed his trench gun. He put the helmet back on and charged further up the beach.

I ran down to grab Repsol, their was not much MG fire because we had taken it out before he landed. "where the fuck have you been, you missed all the fun!" "we still got MGs, motars, and small arms up on the mountain!" "follow me!" I said while practically dragging him to the spot where we had taken out the MG nest. "Without being killed, repsol and frosty, go check for survivors and/or ammunition, john, scan for enemy snipers or mortar crews, i'll be back" I ran over to the dead bodies of Chuck and Steve, I said a prayer for them and took the machine gun they had been using since boot camp.   

"we move as one, on three we run like hell for the MG nest, ready?...three, move!" "lets dance you jap fucks!" Once we made it to the bunker. "get some frags ready, aim for the nest, up, throw, and back down in a blink, ok? I stood up and threw the grenade, boom, japs start yelling, "light em up!"

John aimed his rifle towards the scrambling soldiers, picking them off with prescision.

"One down... two down... three down!" John shouted as he sniped the enemy units.

"We still have to clear those mortars! Where's our air support?!"

Surely the carriers had some fighters ready for takeoff. John was able to hold a bunch of Japanese at bay, but he couldn't do it all by himself. And neither could any of the Marines. It was truly a team effort, and the air support was a major part.

• Brohoof 1

"the strike already hit before 2nd and 3rd Squad landed!" "Now we got tanks and artillery on the beach facing the mountain!" Respol and Frosty came back with a few new rifles, and tons of ammo. "fill up, were going up the mountain, slap the shit out of the japs and claim this island!"

Repsol swung his trusty trench gun on his back and grabbed a jap type38 bolt action rifle. He needed this, since as much as he loved his trench gun (it even had a little dutch flag on the barrel) he couldn't last without the range of a rifle. He packed himself with ammo and followed his new squad. trying to avoid looking at the corpses of fallen allies and enemies. Repsol wasn't ready for war, but war doesn't wait for anypony.

• Brohoof 1

"lets show these japs a nice, warm Marine 'fuck you'!" we hiked up the hill for atleast 2 miles up, killing japs dug into the terrain, we made it to the top of the hill. "holy shit, guys come look at this" "hundreds of thousands of fallen comrades, this victory is for our fallen brothers, OORAH!" 

"Damnit!" Stuart shouted after getting to the island late. He looked around and saw dead bodies everywhere, both allied and enemy.

"That hill over there... I should head there." Stuart decided to head for the hill, whilst searching for any injured troops and supplies.

Luckily, there was an M1911 on the ground, which he decided to pick up, and spotted a few injured troops in a safe location. Luckily, there was already a medic there.

After making it to the top of the hill, Stuart got ambushed from behind by an injured enemy soldier. After a few punches, Stuart stole the soldier's knife and stabbed him in the throat, taking his tags in the process while shouting "Take that you piece of shit!"

(Apologies for the length, I'm just catching up.)

• Brohoof 1

"get me a flag, pole, and sand bags, we who survived this massacre shall honor those whos grave shall lie here for hundreds of years, thier bodies will fade, but the courage that has been shown by them will remain here for as long as their spirits and the Corps live on, OORAH!"  "Respol, Frost, Stuart, Jeager, you will help me raise this flag for our Corps, Country, and brothers" we raised the flag over Jima as a Morale boost for the guys that were still fighting, and the ones that died.

Hope you enjoyed this RP, sorry I know its short but Guadalcanal should be a bit longer

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Honoring the men of: 5th MarDiv, 1st Battalion, 28th Marines, on Iwo Jima February 16, 1945, OORAH.